Author Topic: Does it bother anyone else?  (Read 11986 times)

Re: Does it bother anyone else?
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2014, 02:24:42 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Another thing that bothers me is that we're the Denver Nuggets now. How have they been since they let Melo push them around?
Decent comparison. Hopefully we add the pieces going forward that they were never able to add.

So we're 2 years away from winning 57 games and then firing Stevens?
We're 2 years away from not winning anything

Bullsh...

We are going to be much better now that Rondo is gone.

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2014, 02:32:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Another thing that bothers me is that we're the Denver Nuggets now. How have they been since they let Melo push them around?
Decent comparison. Hopefully we add the pieces going forward that they were never able to add.

Bullsh...

Wait till nobody can generate their own offense, Smart can't buy a shot, and we continuously lose the rebounding battles before we assume this.

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Knocking a GM for lying to media?

???

OP is naive if they think GM's aren't suppose to spout lying nonsense to the media.

As someone else stated, .. Ainge has created a tremendous amount of good faith among the league by sending his players to good situations.  He will also gamble on you if you are a good person (Green, Bradley).

The reason Boston cant get FA is because of the location not because the GM, a GM who has proved himself more competent then 90% of the other GMs out there.

Hallelujah.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2014, 02:45:02 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

???

OP is naive if they think GM's aren't suppose to spout lying nonsense to the media.

As someone else stated, .. Ainge has created a tremendous amount of good faith among the league by sending his players to good situations.  He will also gamble on you if you are a good person (Green, Bradley).

The reason Boston cant get FA is because of the location not because the GM, a GM who has proved himself more competent then 90% of the other GMs out there.

Hallelujah.

Why is this even a Q?  pro basketball is a business.  of course he doesn't tell the whole story of how he feels about stuff to the media.  'That's not how it works.  That's not how any of this works'

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2014, 02:48:37 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

You're the one comparing us to the Nuggets, and that's what they did after trading Carmelo.  If you want to switch half-baked analogies be my guest.

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2014, 02:58:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

You're the one comparing us to the Nuggets, and that's what they did after trading Carmelo.  If you want to switch half-baked analogies be my guest.
Wow. 57 games. Wow. I must now revise my opinion of the Nuggs to include them as one of the dominant west coast teams of the past few years.
Hey, how many of those wins were in the playoffs? Any?

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2014, 03:50:52 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

I don't know how it will unfold but we have above average pieces on this team. Kind of similar to that Denver team. Now maybe we trade Jeff Green and if we do, I think we're closer to the Pre KG celtics era. That is if we don't pick up any other pieces in free agency.

Besides Phil Pressey, most of these players we have are either solid rotational guys or players with really nice upside.

I think Ainge has a lot of options with where to take this team. I'm hoping one of them includes making a run for the playoffs this year.

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2014, 04:01:02 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20

???

Hallelujah.

It has nothing to do with being naive and you are incredibly insecure if you think i was knocking danny ainge.

Like i said more just trying to get to the truth on that one.  I think it's much more complex than ainge just flat out lying to people.  Hard to tell what the truth actually is sometimes.  Especially when reporters are just as clueless themselves sometimes. It's like trying to read through a bunch of insecurities of people.

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2014, 04:01:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

maybe you have a good point. Maybe this is a bad analogy. The Nuggs got several players that were at least sorta respectable. We absolutely didn't.

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2014, 04:04:01 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
That ainge and rondo were sitting up there at the beginning of the  year and that Ainge has been saying that it was his intent to build with Rajon longterm?  Ainge countless times preached his committment to him and RAjon to us. I understand trades happen and that trading a player is always possible but seems to me like this deal was the best we could do in ways and the decision was made to move him.

I'm not someone who thinks we had to get a great return either.  I think it was more a decision to trade him or not.  I think if we are building with the young guys getting some roleplayers to help them and going the draft route and acquiring picks and lesser contracts was the way to go to get those other pieces anyways.

Not someone to be bothered by that either.  What's done is done but I just find that a bit weird.  Thing is i agreed with ainge all along that we didn't need to move him or be forced into that and it was really their call whether to do that or not and be committed in the interm.  Never was against moving him either overly.  Just more let the celtics and rondo make that decision ultimately.

Show me a quote from Ainge that he would never trade Rondo under any circumstance and you may have a better point. Until you do the language that offends you is just shop talk by an NBA GM. Ainge said he wants to build the Cs longterm with Rondo, it looks to me like he is doing just that -- building the Cs longterm with Rondo. If he had let Rondo walk without getting anything in return he would be in a situation where he would have to build longterm without Rondo.

I think Ainge loves Marcus Smart a lot, and his putting his faith in him as the guy to build around.  for better or worse.
Yup

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Bullsh...

Wait till nobody can generate their own offense, Smart can't buy a shot, and we continuously lose the rebounding battles before we assume this.

We have had a better winning percentage without Rondo than with him over the last four years.

Just watch.

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2014, 04:18:28 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
ok great, here comes the cut and paste 'stats' again telling us how we are so much better without such and such player you know, because it is a stat.

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2014, 04:21:09 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Bullsh...

We have had a better winning percentage without Rondo than with him over the last four years.

Just watch.
Yeah. It's going to be a lot better being passed over in the lottery now.