Author Topic: Washburn says Cs may use TPE to get Lopez (but rules don't permit it)  (Read 7816 times)

Re: Washburn says C's may use TPE to get Lopez
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 07:20:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Lopez doesn't fit but stephenson does and I would be willing to explore that.

Right, because a backcourt of Smart and Stephenson wouldn't be redundant, to say the least, and you say that Rondo is a negative influence, but you're willing to go for Lance, who doesn't fit here, either?  Wow. ::)

Not that much, no. Stephenson, unlike Bradley, can be a facilitator on offense. His value can definitely be repaired, he just turned 24, and has a reasonable contract.

But Stephenson can't shoot and needs to have the ball in his hands, which is your exact characterization of Rondo as a player ::), so we're back to square one.

Re: Washburn says Cs may use TPE to get Lopez (but rules don't permit it)
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2014, 07:35:51 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Okay so if TPE max is value + 100k. It did not balloon from 8.7 (multiple TPE total of Nelson, Wright, Crowder) to 12.9 to using 120% rule?

So then it had to be trade was move Mav players for multiple TPEs, renounce all TPEs, use cap space to absorb Rondo. That right?

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2014, 07:51:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Okay so if TPE max is value + 100k. It did not balloon from 8.7 (multiple TPE total of Nelson, Wright, Crowder) to 12.9 to using 120% rule?

So then it had to be trade was move Mav players for multiple TPEs, renounce all TPEs, use cap space to absorb Rondo. That right?

It's complicated, but understandable once you accept the NBA allows each team to process the trade differently from its perspective.

This breaks it down:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=74878.0

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
i cant seem to find the info on it but i was under the impression that the trade exception basis a players contract on the pro rated remainder for that season. so that today you would count there salary as ~75% of there salary for the full season, which would make this trade work.

again i cant find anything about that so maybe im remembering wrong, please let me know either way.