Author Topic: Washburn says Cs may use TPE to get Lopez (but rules don't permit it)  (Read 7808 times)

Re: Washburn says C's may use TPE to get Lopez
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 03:13:35 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Gary Washburn commenting on the trade on NESN tonight brought up the Nets as a team looking to move one of their big contracts (they flashed pics of Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson) suggested the TPE could be used in such a transaction. Of the two, Brook is the guy you want, the risk is his injury history. I would probably pull the trigger on Bass + TPE and a 2015 1st for Lopez.
No, the risk is the fact that he refuses to play defense and rebound, and pouts like a teenage girl when things don't go his way. Please stay away.

Also, you can't combine players and TPE, that's not how it works.

That's completely inappropriate, sexist, and uncalled for.  Anyway, does anyone else think that Washburn and Marcus Thornton could be 'brothas from anotha motha,' lol? ;D  The facial resemblance is quite striking.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 03:17:59 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lopez doesn't fit but stephenson does and I would be willing to explore that.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 03:18:06 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
You mean Jermaine O'Neal? Ha ha ha.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 03:25:26 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Right, because a backcourt of Smart and Stephenson wouldn't be redundant, to say the least, and you say that Rondo is a negative influence, but you're willing to go for Lance, who doesn't fit here, either?  Wow. ::)

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 03:31:33 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Know who would fit in the TPE?  Kevin Garnett.

Mike

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 03:37:02 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If 120% rule is in effect which I believe it is on TPE (which is how 8.7 total was made to be 12.9 TPE for absorbing Rondo) Lopez could be absorbed. But I wouldn't make that deal.

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 04:10:44 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Absolute waste if thats the case. He can't stay healthy. Why do I have a feeling it'd going to be a lonnnnggggg time before the C's are relevant again? it's the 90's all over again. Ainge and his cap space, news flash no top free agent wants to play here! Stock pilling mid first round picks???To possibly get a good becnh player?? More than likely those picks turn into a player that bounces back and forth between the D league and then gets cut a few years later.
If Ainge new he wanted to trade Rondo he should have done it before teams knew he had to so he didn't get bent over.

Add to the fact that Danny will trade you in a heartbeat if it fits whatever purpose he has, do we honestly think that players would want to play for Boston?

Oh good - so it's not just me who shares this view.  TP.

It should not have been the view of either of you, you are entitled to it though.

Danny Ainge, first GM in the history of sports who traded players to fit a purpose  ::)
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 07:26:12 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Right, because a backcourt of Smart and Stephenson wouldn't be redundant, to say the least, and you say that Rondo is a negative influence, but you're willing to go for Lance, who doesn't fit here, either?  Wow. ::)

Not that much, no. Stephenson, unlike Bradley, can be a facilitator on offense. His value can definitely be repaired, he just turned 24, and has a reasonable contract.

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 07:58:14 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
hmm,

a lineup of Smart/stephenson/green/sullinger/wright

might not be a bad start to a rebuild.

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 08:04:21 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If 120% rule is in effect which I believe it is on TPE (which is how 8.7 total was made to be 12.9 TPE for absorbing Rondo) Lopez could be absorbed. But I wouldn't make that deal.

It doesn't work that way.  The max we can take back is the exception + $100,000.

It's embarrassing that a member of the Celtics media doesn't know that by now.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:10:46 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 08:09:15 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65

The TPE is worth its value + up to 100k $ so in this case we have a 13 mil. $ trade exception

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 08:13:50 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
hmm,

a lineup of Smart/stephenson/green/sullinger/wright

might not be a bad start to a rebuild.

Along with AB, Thorton, Turner, KO, and Zeller off the bench
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 10:11:19 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Can we trade the Exception plus our two 2015 picks for Al Horford this offseason?  Paul Millsap will be a free agent, maybe the Hawks would be looking to start over?

Re: Washburn says Cs may use TPE to get Lopez (but rules don't permit it)
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 10:13:24 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Ignoring the fact that this is an impossible transaction... I kind of like it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 07:18:04 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Absolute waste if thats the case. He can't stay healthy. Why do I have a feeling it'd going to be a lonnnnggggg time before the C's are relevant again? it's the 90's all over again. Ainge and his cap space, news flash no top free agent wants to play here! Stock pilling mid first round picks???To possibly get a good becnh player?? More than likely those picks turn into a player that bounces back and forth between the D league and then gets cut a few years later.
If Ainge new he wanted to trade Rondo he should have done it before teams knew he had to so he didn't get bent over.

Add to the fact that Danny will trade you in a heartbeat if it fits whatever purpose he has, do we honestly think that players would want to play for Boston?

Oh good - so it's not just me who shares this view.  TP.

It should not have been the view of either of you, you are entitled to it though.

Danny Ainge, first GM in the history of sports who traded players to fit a purpose ::)

That's not what we're talking about at all and you know it.