Author Topic: Washburn says Cs may use TPE to get Lopez (but rules don't permit it)  (Read 7824 times)

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Gary Washburn commenting on the trade on NESN tonight brought up the Nets as a team looking to move one of their big contracts (they flashed pics of Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson) suggested the TPE could be used in such a transaction. Of the two, Brook is the guy you want, the risk is his injury history. I would probably pull the trigger on Bass + TPE and a 2015 1st for Lopez.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:12:52 AM by Roy H. »

Re: Washburn says C's may use TPE to get Lopez
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:15:33 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
No thanks.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 11:16:16 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Lopez will not fit into the exception.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 11:17:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Gary Washburn commenting on the trade on NESN tonight brought up the Nets as a team looking to move one of their big contracts (they flashed pics of Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson) suggested the TPE could be used in such a transaction. Of the two, Brook is the guy you want, the risk is his injury history. I would probably pull the trigger on Bass + TPE and a 2015 1st for Lopez.

You see - things CAN get worse.  Ugh.  Brook Lopez blows.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 11:17:52 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Can't combine the TPE with a player. This is basically gibberish.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 11:19:55 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Washburn doesn't know how TPEs work.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 11:20:54 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Absolute waste if thats the case. He can't stay healthy. Why do I have a feeling it'd going to be a lonnnnggggg time before the C's are relevant again? it's the 90's all over again. Ainge and his cap space, news flash no top free agent wants to play here! Stock pilling mid first round picks???To possibly get a good becnh player?? More than likely those picks turn into a player that bounces back and forth between the D league and then gets cut a few years later.
If Ainge new he wanted to trade Rondo he should have done it before teams knew he had to so he didn't get bent over.

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 11:21:03 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yeah this is Washburn advertising that he doesn't know how TPEs work, nothing more.

...we could use it to acquire a guy like Stephenson or Isaiah Thomas without sending salary, though.  For whatever that might be worth.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 11:23:38 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
After trading Rondo, there is no chance a great player can come to play for DA...So, I do not think Lopez will think about to come and play for DA's junk team

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 11:24:01 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Absolute waste if thats the case. He can't stay healthy. Why do I have a feeling it'd going to be a lonnnnggggg time before the C's are relevant again? it's the 90's all over again. Ainge and his cap space, news flash no top free agent wants to play here! Stock pilling mid first round picks???To possibly get a good becnh player?? More than likely those picks turn into a player that bounces back and forth between the D league and then gets cut a few years later.
If Ainge new he wanted to trade Rondo he should have done it before teams knew he had to so he didn't get bent over.

Add to the fact that Danny will trade you in a heartbeat if it fits whatever purpose he has, do we honestly think that players would want to play for Boston?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
It's sad that a guy like Washburn gets paid to talk about the NBA and he doesn't even know how a Trade Exception works.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 11:30:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would dread him coming here, dude is chronically hurt.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 11:32:57 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Add to the fact that Danny will trade you in a heartbeat if it fits whatever purpose he has, do we honestly think that players would want to play for Boston?

Oh good - so it's not just me who shares this view.  TP.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 11:35:05 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Well, it is throwback Thursday (god, I hate twitter holidays are whatever the kids are calling these events on the internets ;) ;D). ;) ::)

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 11:38:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
No, the risk is the fact that he refuses to play defense and rebound, and pouts like a teenage girl when things don't go his way. Please stay away.

Also, you can't combine players and TPE, that's not how it works.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."