Author Topic: Timberwolves (5-19) at Celtics (9-14) Game #24 12/19/14  (Read 70543 times)

Re: Timberwolves (5-19) at Celtics (9-14) Game #24 12/19/14
« Reply #435 on: December 19, 2014, 11:41:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Beat LA , you got issues man.

You want to self destruct this team. Just bc Rondo was traded?? Bc Rondo is traded there is hope now, don't you get it?

Green had one of his best games tonight

Green had better games, but he had a solid one.

No sir, this wasn't close to Green's best game, he was nowhere to be seen on defense, it was almost comical.

KEEP JEFF GREEN. You people act as if there are better SF out there that we can actually get. Green is a top SF (especially when he does it on defense too). Pay him and let's get this thing going! Some of you always complain about lack of talent choosing to come here but are always ready to ship it out. I guarantee you, if Green didn't play for us, there would be threads every day begging for him!

Trading Green straight up for Tayshun is worse than the RR trade, hands down!
addressing the bolded part...perhaps. it depends on how you define "top." when compared to other sf green is a very good scorer, not a top scorer, but pretty good. but on rebounds he is pretty poor, below average for sf.

as for his defense, yes, he can play some pretty good defense. no, he doesnt play pretty good defense each and every night.

green, to me, is a slightly above average sf whose main skill, scoring, is exactly what the celtics need since this is a poor scoring team. green has more value to the celtics than to some other nba teams.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #436 on: December 20, 2014, 12:30:02 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

You want to self destruct this team. Just bc Rondo was traded?? Bc Rondo is traded there is hope now, don't you get it?

No sir, this wasn't close to Green's best game, he was nowhere to be seen on defense, it was almost comical.

KEEP JEFF GREEN. You people act as if there are better SF out there that we can actually get. Green is a top SF (especially when he does it on defense too). Pay him and let's get this thing going! Some of you always complain about lack of talent choosing to come here but are always ready to ship it out. I guarantee you, if Green didn't play for us, there would be threads every day begging for him!

addressing the bolded part...perhaps. it depends on how you define "top." when compared to other sf green is a very good scorer, not a top scorer, but pretty good. but on rebounds he is pretty poor, below average for sf.

as for his defense, yes, he can play some pretty good defense. no, he doesnt play pretty good defense each and every night.

green, to me, is a slightly above average sf whose main skill, scoring, is exactly what the celtics need since this is a poor scoring team. green has more value to the celtics than to some other nba teams.

I never said he plays good defense every night, in fact, Green has been letting scrubs light us up a lot but people never think about because he scores well. There aren't many really good SF so it's not like he's guarding the best players many times anyway.

Green is easily top 10. 20/4.4/1.5, yep a top sf. 1.5 assists is not a lot but he isn't terrible, who knows, maybe he will be one who will pick up a couple % points, without RR getting 11 a game. He is nowhere in LeBrons league but LBJ is only pulling down about 1 rb more than Green.

I don't care if the guy is doing it for a check, he is no doubt a top sf, no matter how you break it down.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #437 on: December 20, 2014, 12:33:59 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I never said he plays good defense every night, in fact, Green has been letting scrubs light us up a lot but people never think about because he scores well. There aren't many really good SF so it's not like he's guarding the best players many times anyway.

Green is easily top 10. 20/4.4/1.5, yep a top sf. 1.5 assists is not a lot but he isn't terrible, who knows, maybe he will be one who will pick up a couple % points, without RR getting 11 a game. He is nowhere in LeBrons league but LBJ is only pulling down about 1 rb more than Green.

I don't care if the guy is doing it for a check, he is no doubt a top sf, no matter how you break it down.

AInge needs to have a serious talk with Green about his intentions with his contract this summer. If he can guage Rondo's thinking, I'm sure he could guage where Green is at about optin out.

« Reply #438 on: December 20, 2014, 12:41:38 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

AInge needs to have a serious talk with Green about his intentions with his contract this summer. If he can guage Rondo's thinking, I'm sure he could guage where Green is at about optin out.

Well knowing what other sf's have been getting recently in comparison to Green's production, it isn't going to be a small number. 

I don't see any way that Green doesn't opt out of his player option.  He is going to get paid a lot more than his current salary, and what reason does he really have to wait until the next year?  It is as good as it is going to get for Jeff's value. 

I like Green, but I think DA is in tear down mode.

« Reply #439 on: December 20, 2014, 12:44:43 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Well knowing what other sf's have been getting recently in comparison to Green's production, it isn't going to be a small number. 

I don't see any way that Green doesn't opt out of his player option.  He is going to get paid a lot more than his current salary, and what reason does he really have to wait until the next year?  It is as good as it is going to get for Jeff's value. 

The only reason I could see is if the salary cap doesn't do the incremental rise it's supposed to next summer. If they don't stagger the salary cap raise and it all comes in 2016, then he might have enough incentive to wait for the bigger money the next summer, which, of course, just delays the decision on Green a year.

« Reply #440 on: December 20, 2014, 12:56:28 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

The only reason I could see is if the salary cap doesn't do the incremental rise it's supposed to next summer. If they don't stagger the salary cap raise and it all comes in 2016, then he might have enough incentive to wait for the bigger money the next summer, which, of course, just delays the decision on Green a year.

Yeah I have heard that point mentioned before as well.  I dunno I just think if it is me and my career with so many chances for injuries and other things beyond your control you probably take the sure thing and get the best contract you can get at the time.  Who knows what Jeff will do?  He is a veteran player that probably wants to win and play for a contender as well.  Not sure we will be offering him that for a while either.

It does seem like DA and the celtics have been super fair with him all the way back to his heart surgery and the support they offered.  Those things mean something to players as well.  Who knows.  If DA can get the decision out of him sooner rather than later it would seem to make it better for everyone.

« Reply #441 on: December 20, 2014, 01:07:08 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yeah I have heard that point mentioned before as well.  I dunno I just think if it is me and my career with so many chances for injuries and other things beyond your control you probably take the sure thing and get the best contract you can get at the time.  Who knows what Jeff will do?  He is a veteran player that probably wants to win and play for a contender as well.  Not sure we will be offering him that for a while either.

It does seem like DA and the celtics have been super fair with him all the way back to his heart surgery and the support they offered.  Those things mean something to players as well.  Who knows.  If DA can get the decision out of him sooner rather than later it would seem to make it better for everyone.

For sure. Whatever way we go, it needs to be decided upon fast. There is no reason to win any more games on Green's back if he's a goner, and there's no reason to make Green second-guess himself thinking he's about to be traded if we're keeping him.

« Reply #442 on: December 20, 2014, 01:12:03 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I just don't that think it's a wise move to give $13 million or whatever a year to a 28 year old who can't even use his left hand, lol.

« Reply #443 on: December 22, 2014, 08:57:18 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

I just don't that think it's a wise move to give $13 million or whatever a year to a 28 year old who can't even use his left hand, lol.
I don't really care if he can use his left hand, but I don't want to pay Green $13M.  Like I've said elsewhere, there's better value out there.   Consider the landscape for SF's

Paul Millsap - 9M
Wilson Chandler - 6.7M  (having a nice year)
Korver - 6M  (versatility isn't everything)
Paul Pierce - 5.3M  (you can't convince me that Pierce is worth fewer wins than Green)
Ariza - 8.5M  (solid 3 and D)