Author Topic: Timberwolves (5-19) at Celtics (9-14) Game #24 12/19/14  (Read 70846 times)

Re: Timberwolves (5-19) at Celtics (9-14) Game #24 12/19/14
« Reply #420 on: December 19, 2014, 10:30:36 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I can't see how Danny could justify trading Green. He is too good right now.

We need to keep Green.  Please give us a discount. 4 year at 13 million a season

That's a discount?

I want to keep Green as well, but not for that much. If I'm paying someone $13 million per year, he better be a near All Star talent.

And I'd take him over Green. Better rebounder and better passer. Please. I still think he's overpaid as a max guy. But thats who I'd like for $13 million per year.
There is more upside to Hayward. But I do not agree he is the best of the as they play now. Btw, Hay is taking more. Just a bit more, but more. http://www.spotrac.com/nba/utah-jazz/gordon-hayward/

« Reply #421 on: December 19, 2014, 10:32:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

We need to keep Green.  Please give us a discount. 4 year at 13 million a season

Okay, first you're nuts about trading Rondo, but you want to keep Jeff Green!!?? :o  Dude, what is the matter with you, lol!? ;D  Green does not fit here,
Hmm...coach is playing a style where you try to push the ball up at all times, this guy is now running the floor and finishing the break like James Worthy - and hitting the 3 with regularity.  He's finally playing aggressively most of the time, plus he can still guard the good 3's.  He wasn't in the past, but he's now a perfect fit for this system.

Woo.  James Young deserves his minutes, imo, especially if we're going for the tried and true method of tanking (sarcasm).

« Reply #422 on: December 19, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

That's a discount?

I want to keep Green as well, but not for that much. If I'm paying someone $13 million per year, he better be a near All Star talent.

And I'd take him over Green. Better rebounder and better passer. Please. I still think he's overpaid as a max guy. But thats who I'd like for $13 million per year.
ARGUMENT CLINIC II

« Reply #423 on: December 19, 2014, 10:34:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

That's a discount?

Heck yeah.  !    Me and Brad too !   I can't believe what they paid ....wow......it was like an eBay overpay .....just nuts ......like they couldn't live without him deal

« Reply #424 on: December 19, 2014, 10:36:09 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

That's a discount?

There is more upside to Hayward. But I do not agree he is the best of the as they play now. Btw, Hay is taking more. Just a bit more, but more. http://www.spotrac.com/nba/utah-jazz/gordon-hayward/

I'm just saying that if we're offering somebody at $13 million, it better be someone like a Gordon Hayward. I want Green to stay, but for us to pay him $13 million, he better up his assists and rebounding stats, or score more and be more consistent.

Heck, I'd give that $13 to Kyle Korver before I give it to Green. $10 million seems reasonable enough. A $2 million increase. That's fair.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #425 on: December 19, 2014, 10:37:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Beat LA , you got issues man.

You want to self destruct this team. Just bc Rondo was traded?? Bc Rondo is traded there is hope now, don't you get it?

Green had one of his best games tonight

« Reply #426 on: December 19, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

That's a discount?

I'm just saying that if we're offering somebody at $13 million, it better be someone like a Gordon Hayward. I want Green to stay, but for us to pay him $13 million, he better up his assists and rebounding stats, or score more and be more consistent.

Heck, I'd give that $13 to Kyle Korver before I give it to Green. $10 million seems reasonable enough. A $2 million increase. That's fair.

« Reply #427 on: December 19, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

You want to self destruct this team. Just bc Rondo was traded?? Bc Rondo is traded there is hope now, don't you get it?

Green had better games, but he had a solid one.

« Reply #428 on: December 19, 2014, 11:05:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Yes, because that's the only logical step now.  If Danny keeps guys like Green, he's not giving us the best chance to succeed in the lottery, which is already a forgone conclusion via league policy. ;) ;D  He's blowing it up, so it no longer makes any sense to keep those guys.  Didn't you want cap space?  Well, this is how you get it.  Btw, if not wanting to trade Rondo for a steaming pile of dog sh1t is insane, then I don't want to be levelheaded.  BLOW IT UP!.  That's what Ainge signaled for the moment he traded our captain for, wait, what did we get again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh4Q3A0jvKY

Ahaha ;D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:10:59 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #429 on: December 19, 2014, 11:09:16 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

No sir, this wasn't close to Green's best game, he was nowhere to be seen on defense, it was almost comical.

KEEP JEFF GREEN. You people act as if there are better SF out there that we can actually get. Green is a top SF (especially when he does it on defense too). Pay him and let's get this thing going! Some of you always complain about lack of talent choosing to come here but are always ready to ship it out. I guarantee you, if Green didn't play for us, there would be threads every day begging for him!

Trading Green straight up for Tayshun is worse than the RR trade, hands down!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2014, 11:12:37 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

No sir, this wasn't close to Green's best game, he was nowhere to be seen on defense, it was almost comical.

KEEP JEFF GREEN. You people act as if there are better SF out there that we can actually get. Green is a top SF (especially when he does it on defense too). Pay him and let's get this thing going! Some of you always complain about lack of talent choosing to come here but are always ready to ship it out. I guarantee you, if Green didn't play for us, there would be threads every day begging for him!

Trading Green straight up for Tayshun is worse than the RR trade, hands down!

But isn't he a free agent, and isn't it always better to get something rather than nothing for a guy about whom they're uncertain that they can resign?  Oh wait...

« Reply #431 on: December 19, 2014, 11:14:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Green is a good fit and I think a deal can be worked out. He can be the main guy of the team. He has shown me , he can be that guy this season.   He is good friends with AB who is locked for the next 3-4 years

Also Green's agent Falk and Danny have a good relationship

« Reply #432 on: December 19, 2014, 11:16:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

That's a discount?

ARGUMENT CLINIC II

Those knees, tho...;D

« Reply #433 on: December 19, 2014, 11:19:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Green is a good fit and I think a deal can be worked out. He can be the main guy of the team. He has shown me , he can be that guy this season.   He is good friends with AB who is locked for the next 3-4 years

Also Green's agent Falk and Danny have a good relationship

Wow, you honestly believe that?  Green is playing for a contract and nothing more.  I bet you would have given Mark Blount the deal that he received from Ainge, as well. ::)  Signing Bradley was a pure stroke of genius, btw, wasn't it (sarcasm)? ::)

« Reply #434 on: December 19, 2014, 11:39:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
good team win post Rondo Era, hope Danny is right again  :'(