Author Topic: Teams with a brighter future-next five years  (Read 2414 times)

Teams with a brighter future-next five years
« on: December 18, 2014, 10:32:40 PM »

Offline truth4lyfe

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
In no order.

WEST
1.GS
2.Memphis
3.SA
4.Houston
5.Dallas
6.Portland
7.OKC
8.LAC
9.SAC
10.NO
11.Minn
12.PHO

Even Utah

Worse Future- Denver and LAL

EAST

1.Toronto
2.Cleveland
3.Washington
4.Chicago
5.Indiana
6.Milwaukee
7.Atlanta
8.Philly
9.Miami

Even- Orlando, Charlotte

Worse Future- NYK,BKN and Detroit

So we have a better future than 5-8 teams, and NYK,BKN and LAL are all more attractive to potential free agents.

Re: Teams with a brighter future-next five years
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 10:35:15 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
We are poised to be silly good in five years. We have one of the best futures in the league. Relax.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 10:44:19 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
We are poised to be silly good in five years. We have one of the best futures in the league. Relax.

Do we? There's some intriguing talent here abs the picks are nice, but I think people are expecting an OKC-like renaissance through the draft. A lot has to break right for us - starting with Marcus Smart. I'm sincerely hoping he can really be the next DWade/Westbrook superstar type but what if his ceiling is Kyle Lowry or Eric Bledsoe?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 10:50:07 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

Do we? There's some intriguing talent here abs the picks are nice, but I think people are expecting an OKC-like renaissance through the draft. A lot has to break right for us - starting with Marcus Smart. I'm sincerely hoping he can really be the next DWade/Westbrook superstar type but what if his ceiling is Kyle Lowry or Eric Bledsoe?

Hardly a frightening worst case scenario.

We just have too many picks for me to believe not one of them will pan out. Those BKN picks turned out to be a goldmine. I also assess Ainge as one of the better drafters in the league.

Anything can go wrong, but that would have held true even if we kept Rondo and traded for Love. We have a great front office with a proven track record. That doesn't change just because in one deal we didn’t entirely embarrass the other team. I don't see why we shouldn't be excited about this youth movement.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 10:50:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I too, am not seeing us silly good in the next five building around Sully and KO.  Porous D but ok offense but are these two are not superstars.   I think KO shows more potential than Sully and effort.   AB is not a superstar.  Marcus Smart is he a superstar?  We need to get really lucky in the draft.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 10:53:47 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
I too, am not seeing us silly good in the next five building around Sully and KO.  Porous D but ok offense but are these two are not superstars.   I think KO shows more potential than Sully and effort.   AB is not a superstar.  Marcus Smart is he a superstar?  We need to get really lucky in the draft.

I am higher than you on Sully but he is hardly the reason I say this.

I point to the BKN picks.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 10:55:37 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

How? Because we will luck out on the draft?

How many teams have tried to do that and we're successful? I get the idea, but when you have a ton of assets and an established star, maybe its better to build in the present than waiting for luck in the future.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 10:57:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
To TheFlex, yeah the picks will be nice but we have to nail them.

I have seen Sully play the last six years off and on being from Ohio.   I hope your right on him but I do not think you will be.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 10:58:34 PM »

Offline truth4lyfe

• Oshae Brissett

How good do you think the BKN picks will be? Realistically, we should get a late lottery pick next year as there is no incentive for BKN to tank. The 2017 swap probably won't end up mattering much. So we are left with potentially getting a top pick in 2018. Another few years for that pick to develop= I can't see how we are going to be silly good five years from now.

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 11:00:09 PM »

Offline truth4lyfe

• Oshae Brissett

and how many teams do you see us having a more promising future than?

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 11:05:25 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Now let's just compare us to the teams that are actually rebuilding. I'd say only three teams are clearly ahead of schedule compared to us

Pelicans: Anthony Davis cures all ills.

Milwaukee: More talent on that roster and 2 potential superstars. Neither Giannis nor Parker may get there, but they've at least got a decent shot.

Orlando: They're in a similar place as Milwaukee but without anyone with clear superstar potential. Vucevic is already a star though, and Oladipo, Payton, and Gordon are all potential breakout talents.

Otherwise there are plenty of teams that are behind in the rebuilding process relative to us.

Minnesota, Utah: Similar level of talent to us but with less picks.

Denver: like Minny and Utah, but with no clear direction from the front office either.

New York, LA, Brooklyn: have no future.

Philly: God knows. They're swinging for the fences. In 3~4 years they'll either look like the smartest team in the NBA or the biggest disgrace the league has ever had.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 11:07:04 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

How many teams have tried to do that and we're successful? I get the idea, but when you have a ton of assets and an established star, maybe its better to build in the present than waiting for luck in the future.

Most teams that try that plan usually tank and have their own pick and that's it. We have nine firsts in the next four years, plus the Philly 2nds. We also should net some significant draft considerations for Green and the Rondo TPE.

Who says you have the hit on every one? Hit on some, miss on some others, and package the remaining picks for proven talent. We have enough to make that scenario a reality.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 11:10:37 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

and how many teams do you see us having a more promising future than?

I'm not going to waste my time analyzing what teams we have more promise than down to the draft pick. That's all so subjective.

We have tons of picks, a couple of intriguing prospects and some guys that have shown legitimate starting potential. Most importantly, we have a great front office and a coach I really like. I have a tremendous amount of confidence in our ability to contend relatively soon.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 11:11:17 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

Most teams that try that plan usually tank and have their own pick and that's it. We have nine firsts in the next four years, plus the Philly 2nds. We also should net some significant draft considerations for Green and the Rondo TPE.

Who says you have the hit on every one? Hit on some, miss on some others, and package the remaining picks for proven talent. We have enough to make that scenario a reality.

The reality is that most teams that try any plan fail. It's never a sure thing, but at least we've maximized our chances.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 11:11:35 PM »

Offline truth4lyfe

• Oshae Brissett
Now let's just compare us to the teams that are actually rebuilding. I'd say only three teams are clearly ahead of schedule compared to us

Pelicans: Anthony Davis cures all ills.

Milwaukee: More talent on that roster and 2 potential superstars. Neither Giannis nor Parker may get there, but they've at least got a decent shot.

Orlando: They're in a similar place as Milwaukee but without anyone with clear superstar potential. Vucevic is already a star though, and Oladipo, Payton, and Gordon are all potential breakout talents.

Otherwise there are plenty of teams that are behind in the rebuilding process relative to us.

Minnesota, Utah: Similar level of talent to us but with less picks.

Denver: like Minny and Utah, but with no clear direction from the front office either.

New York, LA, Brooklyn: have no future.

Philly: God knows. They're swinging for the fences. In 3~4 years they'll either look like the smartest team in the NBA or the biggest disgrace the league has ever had.

I think Minn is ahead of us. Wiggins is the best prospect on either roster, and they will probably get a higher pick this year too.