Author Topic: Deal done, who's the starting point now?  (Read 2295 times)

Re: Deal done, who's the starting point now?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 11:16:22 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Doesn't matter, the C's are going to be a lottery team for at least 5 years. Nobody on this team now is worth a crap besides Green and Sully, and maybe someday, Smart.

Gonna be a brutal decade coming up for C's fans. Anyone remember the 90's? I was hoping not to have to relive that, looks like it's happening again, though.

FML!

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 11:22:21 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
One report I read said Nelson might request a buy out.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/12/18/7419021/what-are-the-celtics-getting-from-the-mavericks-for-rajon-rondo

Correction it said he might get bought out by our own Jeff Clark.

Smart is still healing so my bet is our Turner tomorrow night.
Agreed, it will be Turner Friday night, but hopefully it becomes Smart quickly. If Jameer stays he is a good backup.  I think Pressey is odd man out now. Still like him but just doesn't have the size to go far in this league.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 11:54:39 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think Nelson until Smart gets healthy.  IF Nelson showcases well, maybe we can squeeze a 2nd round pick from a team looking for a veteran backup point later in the season.

Doesn't matter, the C's are going to be a lottery team for at least 5 years. Nobody on this team now is worth a crap besides Green and Sully, and maybe someday, Smart.

Gonna be a brutal decade coming up for C's fans. Anyone remember the 90's? I was hoping not to have to relive that, looks like it's happening again, though.

FML!

The 90's weren't that bad.  It was our drafting that was bad.  We had a few good guys like Reggie Lewis.  Then we had Employee #8 aka Antoine Walker.  Then Paul Pierce.  Then we got Jefferson.  Then we flipped a #5 for Ray Allen and then Jefferson package for KG and then another banner went up.  Albeit that process took about 10+ years to happen.

Hopefully getting the next banner won't take that long but it usually takes a lot of factors to make it happen.  For the Lakers it took drafting Kobe and then acquiring Shaq.  For the Celtics it took draftin Pierce and then trading for Ray and KG.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:01:34 AM by vjcsmoke »

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 01:51:50 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Hopefully Smart.

I would rather see Pressey start than Nelson...Jameer was once a solid player, but now days he's pretty terrible. 

Plus the fact that he is old, slow and short...doesn't exactly fit this teams profile.

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 02:08:47 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Smart.

The problem with not playing Nelson at all would be the chance that he picks up his option and we are getting nothing out of him. At least he would be a PG who can shoot, unlike Rondo/Smart/Pressey. That would be an interesting change of pace and might work better in Stevens' system. It seems like Stevens' system does not need the top PG in the league. It needs 5 guys who can shoot and a bunch who can shoot from distance.

I don't see Pressey being around next season with all the picks we will have, his non-guaranteed contract, and his marginal status. If he likely won't be around, I don't know that there is any point in giving him priority over Nelson. Thornton will be an RFA at season's end, as will Turner.

Unless we are able to package picks, next season looks like we could be like Philly this year as vets leave as free agents and are replaced with rookies.

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 02:45:03 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd hope Smart starts. Green gets dealt then Turner starts at SF. Bass gets dealt and KO gets time at backup PF.

Smart/Nelson/Pressey
AB/Thornton/Young
Turner/Wallace/Cro
Sully/Olynyk
Zeller/Wright