Author Topic: Anything to do?  (Read 3117 times)

Re: Anything to do?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 10:12:43 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Was a Mclemore and picks deal ever on the table for Rondo?  Of course I would have preferred getting a young talented player plus picks instead of Wright and a late 1st and 2nd rounder.

What really really burns me is that I think if we offered rondo for derrick williams and mclemore (straight up, noone else & no draft picks), Sac would have accepted as a rental fee.

Do you have proof that this deal was ever on the table?  It sounds a little too good to be true.

Yes. It would be very easy to find proof that this deal was offered late last season, and the celtics declined because it was not enough.  I am not saying that this deal was offered and DA took dallas instead.  On the contrary though, I read an article today saying that Sacramento was not involved in trade talks for rondo because they believed the price was too high.  But as we just saw the price was not too high.  It is my personal belief, that because;

1. Sac has another young and talented sg in Stauskas
2. Rondo is very good friends with Rudy Gay
3. Demarcus Cousins will be the best center in the league very soon

that the Kings would be willing to gamble Maclemore on whether or not Rondo will resign.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 11:21:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Boy talk about milk on the floor.

Ben did not look good last year BTW.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 01:31:14 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7

He was the most talented prospect in the 2013 NBA draft.  The kid oozes potential.  I'll take that any day of the week over 3 scrubs.

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 01:34:44 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

ben not looking good is precisely why he was potentially available. Teams don't dump major prospects for talent like rondo.  Tonight was proof.

Injuries were why nerlens Noel was available... And why Philly was about to net Noel, Dario Saric and a future 1st for Jru Holiday.  The only way you get stud prospects is by gambling on them when their trade value is unnaturally low.