Author Topic: EMBRACE the TANK!!!  (Read 17271 times)

Re: EMBRACE the TANK!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2014, 10:15:54 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Yeah, the Celtics aren't really in a position to be winning borderline games. Like our next game against SAC, it's potentially winnable, but we can't afford to win those types of games if we want to catch the likes of MIN, Utah, etc.

TP. I lol'd. It's true, I agree... it's just funny to see it in print, I guess.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2014, 10:19:18 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Jeff Green and Bass and will be traded. Don't worry about that guys. Is not a matter of if, but when it will happen.

normally i'd agree. but they're still here and really should've been dealt eons ago.

there's no legitimate reason to be hanging on to these 2. we traded our best player for nothing. we're going to get nothing but low-ball offers for the likes of green & bass now. so if there is a deal out there for either or both we should take it. waiting til the deadline is the same mistake we made last season by now trading Rondo then. not sure what the H we're waiting for?
injuries and playoffs is what he is waiting for , cleveland needs a big with one injury
green to me helps a lot of playoff teams as he is a starter, look at playoff teams small forwards and put green in those lineups,  he is an upgrade for a fair amount of teams at his position

if we continue to lose then that plan works. but if these guys start to get it and actually win some games? it's obviously a mistake as our pick will be way better than any pick we'll get in return for those 2. if this team is picking in the 9-10 range, we're bad at tanking too.

I hate the fact we are looking at potentially drafting in the lower lottery because Danny wants to try and win. Just awful

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This is all about moving on from the big 3 era, and handing this team to CBS.

I love the fact that the TANK is in full effect.

Okafor/Towns or bust.

Embrace the Tank. Nice going Danny.

well, as long as YOU'RE happy that's all that matters.   ::)

personally, I think it stinks and it's incredibly foolhardy to put all the hopes of the franchise on getting a top 2  draft pick in the lottery. 

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2014, 12:36:18 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Jeff Green and Bass and will be traded. Don't worry about that guys. Is not a matter of if, but when it will happen.

normally i'd agree. but they're still here and really should've been dealt eons ago.

there's no legitimate reason to be hanging on to these 2. we traded our best player for nothing. we're going to get nothing but low-ball offers for the likes of green & bass now. so if there is a deal out there for either or both we should take it. waiting til the deadline is the same mistake we made last season by now trading Rondo then. not sure what the H we're waiting for?
injuries and playoffs is what he is waiting for , cleveland needs a big with one injury
green to me helps a lot of playoff teams as he is a starter, look at playoff teams small forwards and put green in those lineups,  he is an upgrade for a fair amount of teams at his position

if we continue to lose then that plan works. but if these guys start to get it and actually win some games? it's obviously a mistake as our pick will be way better than any pick we'll get in return for those 2. if this team is picking in the 9-10 range, we're bad at tanking too.

I hate the fact we are looking at potentially drafting in the lower lottery because Danny wants to try and win. Just awful
2 things:
A) it would serve you right as one of the most vocal tankers here.
B) the only team that has less talent than the C's now is Philly.  Despite better teams having worse records like NY, Detroit, Charlotte and Minny, C's will drop in the standings and will have a bottom 3 record by the end of the season.  certainly no better than bottom 5.

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2014, 12:48:01 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Okafor/Towns or bust.

personally, I think it stinks and it's incredibly foolhardy to put all the hopes of the franchise on getting a top 2  draft pick in the lottery.

welcome to the NBA. rarely are gems found late in the draft or out of the top 10 for that matter. and gems that turn a franchise around on top of it. is what it is.

if just throwing money at a star free agent was an alternative then that could be a viable option. but we all know it's not just money.

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2014, 12:54:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Okafor/Towns or bust.

welcome to the NBA. rarely are gems found late in the draft or out of the top 10 for that matter. and gems that turn a franchise around on top of it. is what it is.

if just throwing money at a star free agent was an alternative then that could be a viable option. but we all know it's not just money.
exactly my point.  C's had one player that qualified as that type of player -- Rondo.  now we truly have nothing but role players.  Danny's selling off what he can but isn't getting anything close to what we need -- a good young prospect and/or a good draft pick. 

barring a miracle in the lottery and a KG/Ray type of offseason next year, we're going nowhere for a good 5 years.  No top quality FA is coming here to play with who we have on this roster regardless of the cap room. 

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
History has shown we do not want to have the fifth worst record. Is this not how we got worked in the last draft. Isnt it impossible to move up from #5? We need to bottom out and get the worst record or the bottom three.

There are a number of rim protectors in this draft!!!!

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2014, 01:03:04 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
History has shown we do not want to have the fifth worst record. Is this not how we got worked in the last draft. Isnt it impossible to move up from #5? We need to bottom out and get the worst record or the bottom three.

I really like the top 6 players in the draft
1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Mudiay
4. WCS
5. Winslow
6. Johnson

if we can get into the top 6 i'll be happy
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Okafor/Towns or bust.

exactly my point.  C's had one player that qualified as that type of player -- Rondo.  now we truly have nothing but role players.  Danny's selling off what he can but isn't getting anything close to what we need -- a good young prospect and/or a good draft pick. 

barring a miracle in the lottery and a KG/Ray type of offseason next year, we're going nowhere for a good 5 years.  No top quality FA is coming here to play with who we have on this roster regardless of the cap room.

so if we're going to be bad for the next 5 yr's, there's no point in being "kinda" bad. while we're here we may as well be as bad as we can be. picking in the 9-10 range is going to take just as long either way. so why not optimize our suckiness and get the best players available in the draft?

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2014, 01:14:41 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
I don't see why it makes any sense to tank this year.

It's not good for the young players to learn bad habits.
We have a ton of first round picks coming to add to whatever the core of this team is. And NJ looks to be in serious decline as expected. We don't need to be bad when we have their picks.
We have a good bunch of assets already. Where does it end? We also are about to get cap room this summer.

Every move from here should be about improving the existing team right now. I think we are past the point where it's an obviously good benefit to lose now to win more later.

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2014, 01:25:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Mudiay
4. WCS
5. Winslow
6. Johnson

Not even sure these are the top 6. This appears to be a deeper draft than most expected - lot of talent. Again, not sure there is a superstar there, though. But nonetheless, I am equally excited.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2014, 01:45:44 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Mudiay
4. WCS
5. Winslow
6. Johnson

Not even sure these are the top 6. This appears to be a deeper draft than most expected - lot of talent. Again, not sure there is a superstar there, though. But nonetheless, I am equally excited.
That is my top 6. If a player goes ahead of one of those guys and pushed someone I want on the C's back even better.

Also I could see Myles Turner jumping up into that group.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2014, 02:14:43 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Not going to happen. We have 10 wins and this about how many Philly will get during the whole season (now they are at 4). NYK and Minny follow with 5 wins. We cannot compete with that.

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2014, 02:21:14 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Mudiay
4. WCS
5. Winslow
6. Johnson

That is my top 6. If a player goes ahead of one of those guys and pushed someone I want on the C's back even better.

Also I could see Myles Turner jumping up into that group.

I think Johnson is a top 5 pick, somewhere at 4th or 5th spot.  I want Okafor or Stanley Johnson.  Those 2 are can't miss guys.  But I'd be happy with any of those 6 except WCS,  I don't think he is worth a top 6 pick.  I think he'll be drafted at the 9th or 10th pick at best.

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2014, 03:12:09 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Hasn't history pretty much shown us that we suck at the lottery no matter where we are?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale