Author Topic: EMBRACE the TANK!!!  (Read 17274 times)

Re: EMBRACE the TANK!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
we traded our best player, our captain, and to my knowledge we have not named a new captain. If this is not evidence of a full TANK mode I don't know what is.

The only remaining question is are we committed to the tank and can we get it right.

Feel free to list your observations regarding the evidence of tanking or lack thereof in this thread.

CBS is not a dumb coach in fact I will venture to say he is a smart coach. Playing 12 players is part of his commitment to tanking. Why shorten the rotation and get some momentum when you are trying to lose?

As a coach that wants longevity in this league CBS must covet some of those players in the 2015 class if he is not contending for the chip this year he might as well contend for the draft picks.

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I've embraced the tank.

Start Smart at point guard, and let him learn the position on the court. While that happens the C's are going to get crushed.

There are 6 guys I like at the top of the draft, we need to be in a position to draft one of those guys.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see the C's win, but developing Smart is more important long term than winning more games in a rebuilding year
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2014, 10:52:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
TP we are well positioned to make a splash in this year's draft if we TANK well. A high draft pick combined with the assets we have can move us to the first pick in the draft or a legitimate superstar.

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2014, 10:55:15 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
We need to play at about a .200 win percentage the rest of the way to have a chance at a top 3 pick. Unless we get lucky with ours or the Clips pick which we won't.

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2014, 11:13:07 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
No ......if that were DAs plan he was right there last year ....and screwed up.

I think The coach was not liking Rondo......and this was the vote Danny needed to get the owners ok .

if this were true, wouldn't stevens have this team looking better? wouldn't he have been waiting with something in mind to get this team to take the next step?

right now Stevens isn't looking good either way imo.

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2014, 11:14:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
We need to play at about a .200 win percentage the rest of the way to have a chance at a top 3 pick. Unless we get lucky with ours or the Clips pick which we won't.

playing at .200 is quite a challenge, even for this crew. but the celtics might pull it off if CBS has the courage to put out a starting line up of:

pg -pressy
sg - young
sf - turner
pf - crowder
c - olly

if that doesnt spell t-a-n-k then i dont know what does. take THAT philly!!!  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2014, 11:19:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

playing at .200 is quite a challenge, even for this crew. but the celtics might pull it off if CBS has the courage to put out a starting line up of:

pg -pressy
sg - young
sf - turner
pf - crowder
c - olly

if that doesnt spell t-a-n-k then i dont know what does. take THAT philly!!!  ;)
I think you will see the following lineup once all the trades happen.
Smart
Bradley
Crowder
Olynyk
Zeller

Hopefully Young overtakes Crowder at the 3 spot.I could also see them going Sully instead of Zeller.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2014, 11:28:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
well they better get with it because time is of essence.

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2014, 11:37:42 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Yeah, the Celtics aren't really in a position to be winning borderline games. Like our next game against SAC, it's potentially winnable, but we can't afford to win those types of games if we want to catch the likes of MIN, Utah, etc.

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2014, 07:38:01 AM »

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
No ......if that were DAs plan he was right there last year ....and screwed up.

I think The coach was not liking Rondo......and this was the vote Danny needed to get the owners ok .

We need a new GM

If Rondo was worth any more teams would be lining up to get him. The fact only 4 teams were in the running to throw together a trade for him speaks volumes. If you are going to be mad at Ainge be mad he didnt do this last year, dont be mad because he traded a professional basketblal player who cant even shoot 33% from the line.

Well Said.

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2014, 07:43:12 AM »

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla
Jeff Green and Bass and will be traded. Don't worry about that guys. Is not a matter of if, but when it will happen.

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
Jeff Green and Bass and will be traded. Don't worry about that guys. Is not a matter of if, but when it will happen.

normally i'd agree. but they're still here and really should've been dealt eons ago.

there's no legitimate reason to be hanging on to these 2. we traded our best player for nothing. we're going to get nothing but low-ball offers for the likes of green & bass now. so if there is a deal out there for either or both we should take it. waiting til the deadline is the same mistake we made last season by now trading Rondo then. not sure what the H we're waiting for?

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2014, 09:10:35 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

normally i'd agree. but they're still here and really should've been dealt eons ago.

there's no legitimate reason to be hanging on to these 2. we traded our best player for nothing. we're going to get nothing but low-ball offers for the likes of green & bass now. so if there is a deal out there for either or both we should take it. waiting til the deadline is the same mistake we made last season by now trading Rondo then. not sure what the H we're waiting for?
injuries and playoffs is what he is waiting for , cleveland needs a big with one injury
green to me helps a lot of playoff teams as he is a starter, look at playoff teams small forwards and put green in those lineups,  he is an upgrade for a fair amount of teams at his position

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2014, 09:46:49 AM »

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla

I Wholeheartedly Agree.

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2014, 10:02:54 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

injuries and playoffs is what he is waiting for , cleveland needs a big with one injury
green to me helps a lot of playoff teams as he is a starter, look at playoff teams small forwards and put green in those lineups,  he is an upgrade for a fair amount of teams at his position

if we continue to lose then that plan works. but if these guys start to get it and actually win some games? it's obviously a mistake as our pick will be way better than any pick we'll get in return for those 2. if this team is picking in the 9-10 range, we're bad at tanking too.