Author Topic: RIP Josh Smith, Rudy Gay, Carmelo Anthony and Nikola Pekovic Trade Idea Threads  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Thank you for all coming to this thread today.  We are here to celebrate the life of the trade ideas sub-forum and share our grief that we can no long roll our eyes like this  ::) every time someone posts that Josh Smith should come here because he is friends with Rondo.

When I think of those threads, I remember how much life and energy the posters here injected into them and how merrily naive we all were.  Maybe we were on our cell phone, hiking through the woods thinking "But look at how many points Rudy Gay scored!  He must be good!"  More than just being simple risk takers, the posters in trade idea threads had generous souls, which I'm sure you all could attest to.  The idea that we would give the Pistons a first rounder in a Josh Smith trade provides such a clear example of that.

It may comfort us to know that Rondo is now with our beloved friends the Dallas Mavericks, who made LeBron and the Heat look so incredibly bad in 2011.  This is only a brief step back in the larger scheme of life.

I'll leave us know with this beautiful song from Mr. Phil Collins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CJxu3coYb8

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I doubt it.

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Funny you mentioned Josh Smith. First thing that came to my mind when I saw the TPE we are getting is:

We would trade for Monroe and give the Pistons are TPE for Smith. Not because we want him, but regardless what Detroit says I am convinced they want to dump him in any Monroe trade. Along with the fact we sure don't need all these late round draft picks.

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Lol...funny.  TP

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Funny you mentioned Josh Smith. First thing that came to my mind when I saw the TPE we are getting is:

We would trade for Monroe and give the Pistons are TPE for Smith. Not because we want him, but regardless what Detroit says I am convinced they want to dump him in any Monroe trade. Along with the fact we sure don't need all these late round draft picks.

Good thing the Rondo TPE is only worth 12.9 mil, whereas Smith makes 13.5 mil. Wouldn't want Ainge using it on Smith just to get Monroe. If he decides he wants Monroe, he can make an offer for him in the offseason

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Good thing the Rondo TPE is only worth 12.9 mil, whereas Smith makes 13.5 mil. Wouldn't want Ainge using it on Smith just to get Monroe. If he decides he wants Monroe, he can make an offer for him in the offseason

But Pekovic fits quite nicely at his $12.1 mil salary, and the Wolves are dreadful...... :-X

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I really would never want Josh Smith on this team.   I do not care for Melo but concede he is a top ten player.   Rudy Gay kind of stinks losing a chance on him.   I have seen Superman II a zillion times so I do not want Pekovic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh6iy4fYr9A

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I doubt it.

Except for the people in this thread, I haven't seen anybody suggest we trade for Smith in like 15 hours now, which is a welcome respite.  I have hope for the future.

Also, I should have put in the end "Threads about Josh Smith are survived by Threads about Lance Stephenson and Greg Monroe."