Poll

Do you think Rajon Rondo will end up in Springfield when his career is all said and done?

Yes
3 (42.9%)
No
4 (57.1%)
He'll end up on the fringe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Rondo: Now HOF Bound?  (Read 877 times)

Rondo: Now HOF Bound?
« on: December 18, 2014, 08:31:16 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
In the wake of this trade, the Mavericks are now legit title contenders. Even the people that didn't love Rondo on the Celtics admit that his values goes up on a contender surrounded by scorers. On a contender with more national TV games in the better West, maybe "Playoff Rondo" shows up more. The quandry presented a few years ago was whether or not Rondo was HOF bound. He is 21st on basketballreference on the active player HOF probability at 33.63%. Since then (with injuries and the departure of the Big 3), Rondo has stagnated. So will this put his career back on track, performing on the biggest stage with some of the NBA's biggest stars?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:51:54 PM by GetLucky »

Re: Rondo: Now HOF Bound?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 08:36:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm not convinced Rondo makes them better. 

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I figured Rondo would be a HOFer for awhile now, barring major injury.  He'll probably retire in the top 10 in assists, and top 10 in a major stat + multiple All-Stars + multiple All-Defensive Teams + an All-NBA team + a ring is pretty much a cinch.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 08:46:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Yup. Dallas is a great place for Rondo to add another illustrious chapter to his career.

We could end up seeing him lift another NBA Championship this July. Sickening ...

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 08:48:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Yup. Dallas is a great place for Rondo to add another illustrious chapter to his career.

We could end up seeing him lift another NBA Championship this July. Sickening ...
Again, I doubt it.  Dallas scores more points than any team in the league (110).  They have the highest shooting percentage in the league (48%). 

There's a pretty strong possibility that Rondo makes them worse.  Takes a lot of balls to take the league's best offense and cripple it by adding an offensive liability who needs to dominate the ball to have any kind of impact.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 11:51:39 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
It's going to be a challenge for them to integrate Rondo into the system they have, but they have a good coach so if I had to bet I'd bet that they make it work.

The problem is that they could be a great team, and still get knocked out in the 1st round.

Great words from a great man