Author Topic: Do we go after Jimmy Butler and Hibbert in the off-season ?  (Read 5460 times)

Re: Do we go after Jimmy Butler and Hibbert in the off-season ?
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 01:26:14 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
Not to hijack the thread, but I'd consider doing whatever it takes to get Kawhi Leonard.

Same as Butler. We should absolutely offer him the best contract possible, but Spurs will match.

I'd offer the max on either if we can.

Smart along with Butler or Kawhi at the SG would be a great defensive combo.

But before we do this, we gotta freaking move Avery, man...

I don't think this is a huge problem. If we ever wanted to dump Avery for expirings so we could get cap space, it would be trivially easy to do so.

(That said, we already have more than enough cap space to play with in the summer. Whether we actually get to use any of it is a different question.)

Well, my idea is so he doesnt take away playing time, assuming we can land a max offered Leonard or Butler.

Jury is still out on Smart, but atleast we know he can defend. Add another wing defender with him and that would be nasty good.

Then a Center is all that's left and we'll get a decent core. Asik is a FA right? Maybe we could go after him as well.

...Oh wait, what I'm I saying, we have a Center. I forgot we have the long wingspaned, 35 inches jumping Brandan Wright.

As a third guard, I think Avery Bradley is overqualified. I wouldn't feel the need to trade him at all just because we got someone better to start.

As a third guard, he will be expensive.

This will be the time when we should unleash James Young. I believe that if we're trying to get Leonard or Butler, we gotta move Bradley.

butler is 6'7" 220lbs, he'd be more competing for green's spot than bradley or young. he could be the SF that we need, though i'm a little wary of his outside shooting (.310 career 3pt).

Re: Do we go after Jimmy Butler and Hibbert in the off-season ?
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2014, 01:33:35 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
If someone's coming here next year it's because we overpaid him and they don't care about winning. We'll be rebuilding for years.  Got to wrap your heads around that and stop having fantasies about who we can get in free agency.