Author Topic: Danny Ainge should be fired  (Read 21960 times)

Re: Danny Ainge should be fired
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2014, 08:38:46 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
No one I'd rather have as GM than Danny.   Shouldn't be fired, and of course he won't be.
I feel the same way

If he was to fired, some lucky team would pick him up immediately, and the fans of that team would be dancing in the streets

They would be doing what? 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
No. Not yet.

Give him two years. With all the assets we have, if in 2016 we still don't have a player we can build around (either acquired via trade or via draft), we need to can him.

That should be the main mission for the ownership group. He's already got the chips he need to cash in, he needs to get that franchise guy to build around in two years, or find somebody else who will.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2014, 08:49:35 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
People defending DA are not giving the minimum of the argument, when the situation in horrible. Strange...The future of this team is too dark and DA has to go. Everything in life has the end.

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I still Ainge is a good GM.   The market was not there.

For all the calls of firing he has reached the peak of his job something most all of the people calling for firing him will never do.

Market is not there? Then hold on to your star player and find other ways to keep him instead, instead of settling for a stupid return.

Im not calling for his head, but I changed my stance and I'm actually going to be happy if he does get canned just because of this

Or lose him for nothing.

Of course you're not calling for his head. You're not stupid. You realize he gave you Rondo, got a title, & has like 100 first round picks, youth, & cap space to do major damage in the league.

You don't fire that type of setup, you ask him if he'd like to sign on for 10 more years.
You do realize it's better to "let a guy go for nothing" than to let yourself be totally totally pwned epically in a trade, right?

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
No. Not yet.

Give him two years.

Give him 20 years and wait to win the super lotety...Does not have sense

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
No one I'd rather have as GM than Danny.   Shouldn't be fired, and of course he won't be.
I feel the same way

If he was to fired, some lucky team would pick him up immediately, and the fans of that team would be dancing in the streets

Haha, well, not exactly what I had in mind

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DVRPW3RAQXY
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2014, 08:57:08 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
Relax guys.  The last time Ainge racked up young players and draft picks, he picked up KG and Allen.  He's earned the benefit of doubt.

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2014, 08:58:15 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
No. Not yet.

Give him two years.

In what part did I say 20 years?

You even quoted it. I said 2 years. I hate the Rondo trade, but you gotta admit, fleecing the Nets for picks and adding more is a great GM move.

What I'm saying is, here's 2 years, that's his window to now flip those assets and find a player we can build around. Either he lucks in the next two years in the draft, or pull a blockbuster deal that will give us a player we can make as the foundation of the new era, my point is, he has two years.

Getting that main piece should be an easy task with the assets we have. However long it takes to build around that guy is another problem for another day. But if he comes out empty in 2016, he needs to be sacked.

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2014, 09:04:49 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
I feel the same way

Given your name and Walton's tie dye... I should have known.  :)

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2014, 09:07:27 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
No. Not yet.

Give him two years.

You even quoted it. I said 2 years. I hate the Rondo trade, but you gotta admit, fleecing the Nets for picks and adding more is a great GM move.

What I'm saying is, here's 2 years, that's his window to now flip those assets and find a player we can build around. Either he lucks in the next two years in the draft, or pull a blockbuster deal that will give us a player we can make as the foundation of the new era, my point is, he has two years.

Getting that main piece should be an easy task with the assets we have. However long it takes to build around that guy is another problem for another day. But if he comes out empty in 2016, he needs to be sacked.

Sorry, but he had plenty of time to show managerial skills how he can keep the team in high level. Since he traded Perk, he should have prepare a strategy for rebuilding but unfortunately he failed. He failed in all aspects. Show me how many good players he developed? See the Spurs model and think how incompetent is our GM..

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2014, 09:11:23 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
No. Not yet.

Give him two years.

Sorry, but he had plenty of time to show managerial skills how he can keep the team in high level. Since he traded Perk, he should have prepare a strategy for rebuilding but unfortunately he failed. He failed in all aspects. Show me how many good players he developed? See the Spurs model and think how incompetent is our GM..

The Spurs have done a fantastic job, but they lucked into Duncan because of ping pong balls.  If Ainge had the same luck, we'd have Durant and things would be a whole lot different.

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2014, 09:12:17 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
No. Not yet.

Give him two years.

He's a GM not a coach, and the Spurs are the exception not the rule. You are too funny though so I'll give you a TP.  ;D

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
No. Not yet.

Give him two years.

Dude, first of all theres no one like the Spurs. Okay? They are on a different level. You compare them to anyone, it isnt fair.

Second, the Perk trade was actually good. If Shaq or JO stayed healthy, we would have a championship team right there.

Third. He is hit and miss, but most of his hits were homeruns. Or have you forgotten he's the architect of Banner 17? How about turning scraps into assets?

Show you how many good players he developed? I can't, he's not the coach. He's not the guy who develops talent. He finds talent, and he's got a decent result in doing so.

He earned two extra years for me IMO gaining a ton of assets (not including the Rondo garbage haul). If he turns that into what we need, he stays. If he can't, he should go.

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2014, 09:19:17 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I feel the same way

Given your name and Walton's tie dye... I should have known.  :)
8)

I'd give ya a TP, but I guess I already gave you one in the past hour
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
No. Not yet.

Give him two years.

He's a GM not a coach, and the Spurs are the exception not the rule. You are too funny though so I'll give you a TP.  ;D

Well why is funny? ...He (DA) said "Cs rebuilding around Rondo"...and after that he traded Rondo…actually he is the person who decide about the roster because the kid who is coaching the team is out of this discussion...