Author Topic: Danny Ainge should be fired  (Read 21949 times)

Re: Danny Ainge should be fired
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 10:02:39 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
Danny's demise triggered by Cavs winning the lottery and his failure to tank the club correct.

To many screwup

But now with NO star players to sell tickets and junk people are not going to spend their money..

It would have better and cheaper to pay Rondo .in the long run ..than loose all the revenue from dumping him for a bag of burgers .....just wow ......what were the owners thinking ....?

So when the owners see the what happens to the ink.

Danny will be gone

He hung himself
This is how I see it as well. Nobody is going to pay to go to these games. Celtics are going to tank in more ways than one if they don't make a big move fast.

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 10:03:11 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
No. I'm mad, but I won't go as far as fire him.

He does need a talking to from ownership IMO. That's just a stupid deal.

There's zero chance this happened without Wyc + company giving the ok.

Unless he pulls a monkey out his tail......and surprises us all.... ::). .their initial approval won't save

him ......I the long run.....and maybe not in the short tun ."once the Garden is empty and TV goes away

He will be the person holding the ball.

I have no faith he can overcome this screwup in the three years or less they'll give him .....depending on the fan reaction.

If the Gahden hasn't been empty this season or last, it won't be empty now going forward without RR.  Celts are never on national TV and haven't been since the end of the last era.  Ownership is obviously fine with this trade or it wouldn't have been made.

The person now 'holding the ball' isn't DA, it's Marcus Smart...

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
my favorite part of these threads is when the draft picks we got in the package become superstars 3 years from now.  then the thread will be "ainge: the genius"
Yup

3 years from now I think we'll be happy with the results

A pick in the late first round and a second round? Even if it turns into superstars, I would call that lucky before call it a genius move by Danny Ainge.
Whoops, I was kinda including the picks for KG and Pierce too. I believe in those Nets picks. Lordy do I believe
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 10:04:36 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
my favorite part of these threads is when the draft picks we got in the package become superstars 3 years from now.  then the thread will be "ainge: the genius"
And then you woke up.  ::)

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 10:04:59 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Danny Ainge should be fired.

The day he traded Perk to OKC, I opened a similar post named FIRE DA (mostly of people did not like the idea to fire DA)...predicting that the future with DA as GM will be a horrible situation...Last year he traded the Capitan for NETS junk and this year same trade Rondo for MAVS junk...DA abused with authority that ownership gave him in last 3-4 years. Now is time that he has to go after the disaster he created being ...absolutely incompetent

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 10:09:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Jeff Green deal, Bradley deal, now giving Mavs a really nice christmas gift.  Why do you still have a job?  Just like Doc and coaching, Ainge is turning out to be an overrated GM.

Yeah, we would've been fine after Daniels went down with no one to back up Pierce. It also would've been sweet to see Perk leave us that summer. And finally, isn't Ainge such an idiot for not being able to predict that Shaq was a walking corpse?

Or, you know, he could have gotten Tracy McGrady on the cheap in the 2010 offseason to pair with Daniels off the bench, but noooooooo.  TMAC would have been a perfect 6th man on our team, imo, especially when Pierce routinely got reffed out of games against Miami.  Plus, McGrady wouldn't have had to play major minutes, and even if he wasn't scoring, his playmaking ability would have more than made up for it.  I can't be the only one on here who believes this, can I?  Even Tommy said he would have made a great addition to our squad.  Sigh.

You are missing the part where Ainge was expected to have a crystal ball and predict that Shaq/JO couldn't hold up. Ainge also netted Krstic in the deal, who was a center. It's not Ainge's fault that Krstic was completely misused by a stubborn Doc. We still had depth down low. And I would have rather traded Perk and Nate for Jeff Green and Krstic than signed T-Mac and watched Perk walk that summer when we rightly wouldn't have offered him what he wanted.

We actually should have traded Perk after the 2009 playoffs, when his value, along with Baby's, was never higher.  For what, or who, I don't know, but it's called THINKING AHEAD (I'm yelling at Danny, not you, lol. ;D).  Ainge had a sh1tload of chances to improve the team, and he only made things worse.  Doesn't anyone else remember the 2010 draft, when teams like then-New Jersey, New York, Chicago, and Miami, were literally selling their first round picks for cash to help their causes in the Lebron sweepstakes?  Umm, HELLO!!??  I don't like Mark Cuban, but he bought a first rounder that year - at least he tried.  Those types of situations don't come around every day, and you have got to take advantage of them when they present themselves.  It's really not that hard.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:15:31 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

The day he traded Perk to OKC, I opened a similar post named FIRE DA (mostly of people did not like the idea to fire DA)...predicting that the future with DA as GM will be a horrible situation...Last year he traded the Capitan for NETS junk and this year same trade Rondo for MAVS junk...DA abused with authority that ownership gave him in last 3-4 years. Now is time that he has to go after the disaster he created being ...absolutely incompetent

Well said, TP.  Sigh.

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:24 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

What he did tonight was incompetent. But I disagree with the rest of the things you said.

He turned Paul and KG, who showed in Brooklyn that they cant carry teams anymore into picks that could be gold in 2-3 years.

He turned Perk into Jeff Green. Look at Perk now? Now look at Green?

He did so much good, I don't think you fire him. Although, with this ridiculous deal, they may need to look at him a bit more closely.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:29 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
No. I'm mad, but I won't go as far as fire him.

He does need a talking to from ownership IMO. That's just a stupid deal.

There's zero chance this happened without Wyc + company giving the ok.

Unless he pulls a monkey out his tail......and surprises us all.... ::). .their initial approval won't save

him ......I the long run.....and maybe not in the short tun ."once the Garden is empty and TV goes away

He will be the person holding the ball.

I have no faith he can overcome this screwup in the three years or less they'll give him .....depending on the fan reaction.

If the Gahden hasn't been empty this season or last, it won't be empty now going forward without RR.  Celts are never on national TV and haven't been since the end of the last era.  Ownership is obviously fine with this trade or it wouldn't have been made.

The person now 'holding the ball' isn't DA, it's Marcus Smart...

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  The Celtics could lose a bunch of fans and ticket holders after not only trading Pierce and Garnett, but now Rondo, as well.  The Garden could start to look like it did in the 90s.  Well, it is throwback thursday, right? ::)  Who wouldn't want to return to a full-scale nuclear winter that was that decade, lol?  Ugh.  People can only take so much, and Rondo was a very popular player.

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
This is final stupid straw ......

Year after next ....if the team

Still has no center

No star players

A stupid college coach

The coach and DA will bite the dust

The pressure will be on .

Good luck DA .

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:51 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
No, i think he has done a decent job by trading Rondo and get what he can get rather than nothing

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I think that the fans should go on strike, lol. ;D  We're not going to go to another game, buy another item even remotely associated with the franchise, let alone pay the outrageous prices for tickets, until Ainge is gone.  I'm serious.  Haha, yeah right, but it'd be fun to do for a little while.  I say boycott the Garden, lol. ;D

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 10:19:38 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
I think the only things that could save Ainge's job right now are the Brooklyn picks.

IF, and this is a big if, the Nets picks turn out to be lottery picks, then maybe Ainge keeps his job. But if those picks turn out to be flops and we make no progress between now and 2017-2018, he really needs to be shown the door.

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 10:20:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Danny got a better draft pick when he traded our coach.

I can't be mad at Ainge. He's an exceptional GM.  Just have to accept the fact that nobody wanted rondo... Including the celtics.

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 10:24:16 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I think that the fans should go on strike, lol. ;D  We're not going to go to another game, buy another item even remotely associated with the franchise, let alone pay the outrageous prices for tickets, until Ainge is gone.  I'm serious.  Haha, yeah right, but it'd be fun to do for a little while.  I say boycott the Garden, lol. ;D

You're going to miss out on a lot of fun when in 2-3 years the C's start to resemble the early makings of a dynasty.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/