Author Topic: Danny Ainge should be fired  (Read 21871 times)

Re: Danny Ainge should be fired
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 08:22:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Danny's demise triggered by Cavs winning the lottery and his failure to tank the club correct.

To many screwup

But now with NO star players to sell tickets and junk people are not going to spend their money..

It would have better and cheaper to pay Rondo .in the long run ..than loose all the revenue from dumping him for a bag of burgers .....just wow ......what were the owners thinking ....?

So when the owners see the what happens to the ink.

Danny will be gone

He hung himself
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:30:17 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 08:22:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
No. I'm mad, but I won't go as far as fire him.

He does need a talking to from ownership IMO. That's just a stupid deal.

There's zero chance this happened without Wyc + company giving the ok.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 08:22:31 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
its the system that rewards losing.

don't hate the player, hate the game.

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 08:22:43 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Obviously if you decide that everything Danny did well was luck and everything he did poorly was skill you'll reach the inescapable conclusion that he's a bad GM.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 08:25:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We got extremely lucky there because everyone knows that Danny wanted Robert Swift, so I'm giving a TP to the then-Sonics for that one.  Phew, that was close. 

We'll never know the truth of this one for sure.  I think you judge GMs on the guys they do pick, not based on who they would have picked if they had a higher pick.

I'm also not sure if he drafted Rondo, or someone told him to do so.

I don't know what you mean; why does it matter?  He obviously drafted Rondo.  He either scouted him himself, or trusted what another scout had seen.  Either way, he gets credit for that.

It matters because then we know how good he is at scouting or not.  Remember, a couple of key front office guys left 1-2 years ago, and I believe that it was mentioned on here about how they were the real 'brains' when it came to the draft.  It's also important because Danny has come out in the past saying that he wanted to take Monta Ellis and Jimmy Butler, but he didn't, and if he's in charge of making such decisions, why didn't he?  That's my point.

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 08:27:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Unless he pulls a monkey out his tail......and surprises us all.... ::). .their initial approval won't save

him ......I the long run.....and maybe not in the short tun ."once the Garden is empty and TV goes away

He will be the person holding the ball.

I have no faith he can overcome this screwup in the three years or less they'll give him .....depending on the fan reaction.

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 08:28:34 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Fire Danny Ainge. LOL. You guys are rediculous and everyone around here over value Rondo like crazy. The guy just got a first round pick and a promising big and a decent young wing for a guy that's walking in the summer.

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 08:29:04 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Unless he pulls a monkey out his tail......and surprises us all.... ::). .their initial approval won't save

him ......I the long run.....and maybe not in the short tun ."once the Garden is empty and TV goes away

He will be the person holding the ball.

I have no faith he can overcome this screwup in the three years or less they'll give him .....depending on the fan reaction.

Stevens will probably lose his job before Ainge does.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 09:03:08 PM »

Offline celtics24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 10
Fire Danny Ainge. LOL. You guys are rediculous and everyone around here over value Rondo like crazy. The guy just got a first round pick and a promising big and a decent young wing for a guy that's walking in the summer.
those are awful picks way in the late 20s..and we dont need anymore 6'9 bigs who are free agents in the offseason and a wing who is a role player..ainge is an idiot for trading rondo for essentially peanuts

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 09:09:19 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
those are awful picks way in the late 20s..and we dont need anymore 6'9 bigs who are free agents in the offseason and a wing who is a role player..ainge is an idiot for trading rondo for essentially peanuts

Give me an example of a realistic rondo trade that wouldnt have involved 'peanuts'...?Oh you cant? RIght because there are none. Hopefully green and Bass are next and we can finally 76 it up and tank the rest of the season.

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 09:53:24 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Jeff Green deal, Bradley deal, now giving Mavs a really nice christmas gift.  Why do you still have a job?  Just like Doc and coaching, Ainge is turning out to be an overrated GM.

Yeah, we would've been fine after Daniels went down with no one to back up Pierce. It also would've been sweet to see Perk leave us that summer. And finally, isn't Ainge such an idiot for not being able to predict that Shaq was a walking corpse?

Or, you know, he could have gotten Tracy McGrady on the cheap in the 2010 offseason to pair with Daniels off the bench, but noooooooo.  TMAC would have been a perfect 6th man on our team, imo, especially when Pierce routinely got reffed out of games against Miami.  Plus, McGrady wouldn't have had to play major minutes, and even if he wasn't scoring, his playmaking ability would have more than made up for it.  I can't be the only one on here who believes this, can I?  Even Tommy said he would have made a great addition to our squad.  Sigh.

You are missing the part where Ainge was expected to have a crystal ball and predict that Shaq/JO couldn't hold up. Ainge also netted Krstic in the deal, who was a center. It's not Ainge's fault that Krstic was completely misused by a stubborn Doc. We still had depth down low. And I would have rather traded Perk and Nate for Jeff Green and Krstic than signed T-Mac and watched Perk walk that summer when we rightly wouldn't have offered him what he wanted.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
my favorite part of these threads is when the draft picks we got in the package become superstars 3 years from now.  then the thread will be "ainge: the genius"

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 09:57:12 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
my favorite part of these threads is when the draft picks we got in the package become superstars 3 years from now.  then the thread will be "ainge: the genius"
Yup

3 years from now I think we'll be happy with the results
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 09:58:57 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Yup

3 years from now I think we'll be happy with the results

A pick in the late first round and a second round? Even if it turns into superstars, I would call that lucky before call it a genius move by Danny Ainge.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 10:02:19 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Yeah, let's ignore everything else that he has done for this franchise and evaluate him based on 1 trade.

What has Ainge done other than get lucky with McHale?

Drafted Big Al with a non-lottery pick
Drafted Rondo with a non-lottery pick
Traded for Ray
Drafted Sully with a non-lottery pick
Got five #1s and Zeller by trading KG, Pierce, and Doc (not my favorite trade, sentimentally, but good value)
MAJOR TP!
I trust Danny Ainge