Author Topic: Danny Ainge should be fired  (Read 21866 times)

Danny Ainge should be fired
« on: December 18, 2014, 07:53:51 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Jeff Green deal, Bradley deal, now giving Mavs a really nice christmas gift.  Why do you still have a job?  Just like Doc and coaching, Ainge is turning out to be an overrated GM.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: Danny Ainge should be fired
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 07:56:30 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
You're only arriving at this conclusion NOW!?

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
Ainge sucks. This deal never should have been allowed, and he should have been immediately fired for even trying it.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
again???? didnt cb just fire him a few weeks ago??  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Jeff Green deal, Bradley deal, now giving Mavs a really nice christmas gift.  Why do you still have a job?  Just like Doc and coaching, Ainge is turning out to be an overrated GM.

Yeah, we would've been fine after Daniels went down with no one to back up Pierce. It also would've been sweet to see Perk leave us that summer. And finally, isn't Ainge such an idiot for not being able to predict that Shaq was a walking corpse?

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 08:00:51 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
You're only arriving at this conclusion NOW!?

Unfortunately, yes.  I thought it was just a bad day on the job when he handed Bradley 10 mil and signing Jeff to that ridiculous contract.  This move today did it for me.  This is awful
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:20:38 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 08:01:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Jeff Green contract turned out to be a good one in hindsight.  I thought it was a big risk for a guy coming off of heart surgery at the time, but it worked out well.

On balance, Danny has been a good GM.  I guess the positive outlook is "Danny got something for a guy who was leaving in free agency".  I'm not there yet, though.  It was a bad trade, but Danny doesn't belong on the chopping block at this point.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 08:07:35 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
 ::)

Wow, all the crazies are out tonight.

Yeah, let's ignore everything else that he has done for this franchise and evaluate him based on 1 trade.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 08:08:47 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
::)

Wow, all the crazies are out tonight.

Yeah, let's ignore everything else that he has done for this franchise and evaluate him based on 1 trade.

What has Ainge done other than get lucky with McHale?

This trade is a joke and Ainge can kiss it!

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 08:11:24 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Drafted Big Al with a non-lottery pick
Drafted Rondo with a non-lottery pick
Traded for Ray
Drafted Sully with a non-lottery pick
Got five #1s and Zeller by trading KG, Pierce, and Doc (not my favorite trade, sentimentally, but good value)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:18:02 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 08:16:43 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Traded for Ray
Drafted Sully
Got five #1s and Zeller by trading KG, Pierce, and Doc (not my favorite trade, sentimentally, but good value)

Well done. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 08:16:46 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Traded for Ray
Drafted Sully

We got extremely lucky there because everyone knows that Danny wanted Robert Swift, so I'm giving a TP to the then-Sonics for that one.  Phew, that was close.  I'm also not sure if he drafted Rondo, or someone told him to do so.  If anything on that list is impressive, it would be getting a 1st rounder for Doc.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 08:20:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
We got extremely lucky there because everyone knows that Danny wanted Robert Swift, so I'm giving a TP to the then-Sonics for that one.  Phew, that was close. 

We'll never know the truth of this one for sure.  I think you judge GMs on the guys they do pick, not based on who they would have picked if they had a higher pick.

I'm also not sure if he drafted Rondo, or someone told him to do so.

I don't know what you mean; why does it matter?  He obviously drafted Rondo.  He either scouted him himself, or trusted what another scout had seen.  Either way, he gets credit for that.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 08:21:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
No. I'm mad, but I won't go as far as fire him.

He does need a talking to from ownership IMO. That's just a stupid deal.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 08:21:31 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Yeah, we would've been fine after Daniels went down with no one to back up Pierce. It also would've been sweet to see Perk leave us that summer. And finally, isn't Ainge such an idiot for not being able to predict that Shaq was a walking corpse?

Or, you know, he could have gotten Tracy McGrady on the cheap in the 2010 offseason to pair with Daniels off the bench, but noooooooo.  TMAC would have been a perfect 6th man on our team, imo, especially when Pierce routinely got reffed out of games against Miami.  Plus, McGrady wouldn't have had to play major minutes, and even if he wasn't scoring, his playmaking ability would have more than made up for it.  I can't be the only one on here who believes this, can I?  Even Tommy said he would have made a great addition to our squad.  Sigh.