Author Topic: In Ainge I trust!  (Read 12370 times)

Re: In Ainge I trust!
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2014, 08:49:30 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think it's worth reminding everybody that the Sixers traded Holiday for Nerlens Noel and a lottery pick (that essentially ended up as Saric, I believe).

Much different scenarios.  Jrue had just turned 23 the day he was traded.  Jrue had also just signed a fairly team friendly long-term contract.  Rondo meanwhile is 28 on the last year of his contract.  One is a young player under contract that you can build around.  The other is a vet that could be gone in six months.  Jrue obviously had much more trade value.

But Rondo had his choice of places to go, it's not like Danny sent him off to Siberia knowing he would never re-sign. If anything, Rondo's willingness to go to Dallas should have reinforced a better return.

Heck, Kevin Love went to Cleveland in the exact same situation for the last two #1 overall picks, Thaddeus Young (like getting Jeff Green), and a TPE worth over 6 million. I don't want to go  into reasons why Love is a way better player than Rondo, but it seems the Wolves took the Cavs to the cleaners while the Cs were only able to get a late first.

I imagine the return 'should' have been somewhere in between and since it was not, I would have MUCH rather kept Rondo.

You think we could trade Rondo for the #1 overall pick? Case closed.

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I said.  ::)

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2014, 09:07:13 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I think it's worth reminding everybody that the Sixers traded Holiday for Nerlens Noel and a lottery pick (that essentially ended up as Saric, I believe).

Much different scenarios.  Jrue had just turned 23 the day he was traded.  Jrue had also just signed a fairly team friendly long-term contract.  Rondo meanwhile is 28 on the last year of his contract.  One is a young player under contract that you can build around.  The other is a vet that could be gone in six months.  Jrue obviously had much more trade value.

But Rondo had his choice of places to go, it's not like Danny sent him off to Siberia knowing he would never re-sign. If anything, Rondo's willingness to go to Dallas should have reinforced a better return.

Heck, Kevin Love went to Cleveland in the exact same situation for the last two #1 overall picks, Thaddeus Young (like getting Jeff Green), and a TPE worth over 6 million. I don't want to go  into reasons why Love is a way better player than Rondo, but it seems the Wolves took the Cavs to the cleaners while the Cs were only able to get a late first.

I imagine the return 'should' have been somewhere in between and since it was not, I would have MUCH rather kept Rondo.

You think we could trade Rondo for the #1 overall pick? Case closed.

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I said.  ::)

You need to express yourself better because I can't understand your point either.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2014, 09:53:17 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I slept thru this and I came to this conclusion.

I'm off the Trust bandwagon and into the "I sure hope you know what you're doing" side with Danny Ainge. Signing Bradley on that contract and this abomination (as it stands right now) of a Rondo trade made me do so.

I'm not calling for a sacking, but I think Ainge needs to be looked at now even closer and he needs to make a few things happen to keep his job in the next two years.

We have, IIRC, five 1st round draft picks, young studs and some cap room for the next couple of years. And there's a few more picks moving forward. For me, these has to happen.

- Marcus Smart, Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger and Avery Bradley. One of them should either be All-Stars or be in the conversation of future All-Stars ala Bradley Beal today. Sully is close, so he has that going. Or flip any of them into one.

- Those picks and/or cap room should turn out to be a player of All Star caliber or a young player who will be touted as a future all star, ala Andre Drummond, Bradley Beal, Klay Thompson (you know what I mean).

If those two won't happen in the next two years, he needs to be fired. All those assets and no foundation to build upon is a fireable offense. He has collected a ton of assets already, with that much chips, this foundation searching should not take longer than three years. If he can't find a couple of players to build around in two years, he should be done.

I sure hope you know what youre doing, Danny.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:04:46 AM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2014, 09:57:09 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

I'm off the Trust bandwagon and into the "I sure hope you know what you're doing" side with Danny Ainge. Signing Bradley on that contract and this abomination (as it stands right now) of a Rondo trade made me do so.

I'm not calling for a sacking, but I think Ainge needs to be looked at now even closer and he needs to make a few things happen to keep his job in the next two years.

We have, IIRC, five 1st round draft picks, young studs and some cap room for the next couple of years. And there's a few more picks moving forward. For me, these has to happen.

- Marcus Smart, Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger and Avery Bradley. One of them should either be All-Stars or be in the conversation of future All-Stars ala Bradley Beal today. Sully is close, so he has that going. Or flip any of them into one.

- Those picks and/or cap room should turn out to be a player of All Star caliber or a young player who will be touted as a future all star, ala Andre Drummond, Bradley Beal, Klay Thompson (you know what I mean).

If those two won't happen in the next two years, he needs to be fired. All those assets and foundation to build upon is a fireable offense. He has collected a ton of assets already, with that much chips, this rebuild should not take longer than three years. If he can't find a couple of players to build around in two years, he should be done.

We have six first round draft picks in the next two years.

Danny is a genius.

« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2014, 10:06:29 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

If those two won't happen in the next two years, he needs to be fired. All those assets and foundation to build upon is a fireable offense. He has collected a ton of assets already, with that much chips, this rebuild should not take longer than three years. If he can't find a couple of players to build around in two years, he should be done.

We have six first round draft picks in the next two years.

Danny is a genius.

I will call him a genius if he turn those picks and assets we have into a player, or players that can be built around. Until then, he should be under a microscope for the next two years.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2014, 10:27:14 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I think that I would have rather seen Rondo walk, than take back garbage.  That #1 pick in all likelihood will be a non-contributor that just sucks up guaranteed salary for a couple of years.

That's an understandable thought process.

You could also look at it and say that we just increased our odds at Okafur, Towns or Muiday in this upcoming draft.

If we assume Green and Bass will be gone soon, and that we are only 4 games better than Detroit and New York at the moment- we'll have a very good shot at a top 3 pick.
With a bit of luck we'll get number 1 :)

So we're putting all our eggs in the 'top 3 pick or bust' basket...

I'll go out on a limb and say our pick will be closer to #10 than #1.

Hope Mr Ainge has a good back up plan.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER