Author Topic: In Ainge I trust!  (Read 12321 times)

Re: In Ainge I trust!
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 10:11:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Not any more I don't

We will be getting a new GM in under three years easy ...if he and Stevens don 'to turn this around .

I lost all respect for him.

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 10:20:47 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I still trust Ainge, I like getting Wright for rim protection but I don't think it was that sweet of a deal for us and losing RR is bittersweet.   None of us know what Ainge has been told by Rondo behind closed doors.

This will develop Smart for us (if he can stay healthy), we lose capacity to draw free agents and add to our picks.

I have never cared for Nelson's game.  I think Wright will add a rim protector to our lineup and he does not need the ball.   I have to think another move is coming maybe for Monroe.

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 10:32:37 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I hated it when he traded Perkins. I was eventually at peace after tha Pierce/KG trade considering that build around them with Terry, Lee, and Darko failed.

But this Rondo trade is absolute garbgio. I want to trust that Ainge knows what he doing because he has done some good but I'm inclined to think his job could be on tha line if he doesn't turn this thing around. Or if whatever he's planning doesn't pan out.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 10:38:30 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Not any more I don't

We will be getting a new GM in under three years easy ...if he and Stevens don 'to turn this around .

There was one comment a friend of mine from Facebook said and it absolutely makes sense.

Free Agents don't come to Boston, and will more likely NEVER choose Boston because Ainge has shown NO LOYALTY to his players.

Somehow, I agree to that.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 10:39:48 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Ainge did the exact thing that i want him to do
And IN AINGE I TRUST!

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 10:40:06 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
So who's our captain now? Avery Bradley?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 10:42:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Green, I would think but how long he is with us remains to be seen.  I think Bass and Thornton would have value to some teams.

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 10:43:56 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So who's our captain now? Avery Bradley?

Might as well be Brandan Wright.

Couple of folks here think he's a GREAT acquisition.

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 10:44:58 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Not any more I don't

There was one comment a friend of mine from Facebook said and it absolutely makes sense.

Free Agents don't come to Boston, and will more likely NEVER choose Boston because Ainge has shown NO LOYALTY to his players.

Somehow, I agree to that.
At least he is loyalty to the team
The team > the player, we are the celtics, not lakers

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 10:45:20 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Holy Lord! I saw the pick protections.

We're not even going to get that first round pick this year? Good going, Danny Ainge.

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 10:47:17 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

We're not even going to get that first round pick this year? Good going, Danny Ainge.

It's protected in our favor for this year...it's a good thing.  You may want to read the facts.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 10:50:13 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

It's protected in our favor for this year...it's a good thing.  You may want to read the facts.

This is from the main Celticsblog site.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/12/18/7419021/what-are-the-celtics-getting-from-the-mavericks-for-rajon-rondo

Woj: Sources: Protections on the 2015 first-round pick Dallas sent Boston: Protected 1-3 and 15-30 in 2015; 2016-2020 protected to No. 7.

Chris Mannix: The protections on the the pick Boston picked up from Dallas, via @WojYahooNBA, effectively make it a '16 first rounder.

Am I reading that wrong?

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 10:54:45 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/12/18/7419021/what-are-the-celtics-getting-from-the-mavericks-for-rajon-rondo

Woj: Sources: Protections on the 2015 first-round pick Dallas sent Boston: Protected 1-3 and 15-30 in 2015; 2016-2020 protected to No. 7.

Chris Mannix: The protections on the the pick Boston picked up from Dallas, via @WojYahooNBA, effectively make it a '16 first rounder.

Am I reading that wrong?

Well, it's potentially in our favor.  If Dallas does well this year as expected, it will be a late pick and we will get 2016 instead.  Then we have to hope that Rondo and Chandler bolt, and Dirk declines.  In any event, the chances are that the pick is better in 2016 than 2015.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 10:58:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Am I reading that wrong?

Well, it's potentially in our favor.  If Dallas does well this year as expected, it will be a late pick and we will get 2016 instead.  Then we have to hope that Rondo and Chandler bolt, and Dirk declines.  In any event, the chances are that the pick is better in 2016 than 2015.

Let's assume that happens, if they decline, the most we can get is an 8th pick. And 8th pick two years from now and that's if we're lucky.

If they stay and decide to give it another run? That's a late first round pick. 

We'd have to be really, really lucky for this pick to be in our favor. And we gambled our only star for it.

Unbelievable.

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 11:05:46 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Am I reading that wrong?

Let's assume that happens, if they decline, the most we can get is an 8th pick. And 8th pick two years from now and that's if we're lucky.

If they stay and decide to give it another run? That's a late first round pick. 

We'd have to be really, really lucky for this pick to be in our favor. And we gambled our only star for it.

Unbelievable.

I'm not sure that Rondo was still a "star" and getting a first round pick is better than nothing when the so-called star leaves next year.