Author Topic: In Ainge I trust!  (Read 12364 times)

Re: In Ainge I trust!
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'd like to know what the people who, astonishingly, are in favor of this deal will think after we get screwed in the lottery yet again this year.

i will think exactly the same of the deal. Getting screwed sucks, but there are no other options. No MAJOR free agents will just outright sign here and the only option is to rebuild through the draft.

So you might get boned and strike out on a pick. Just keep taking swing and youll eventuall hit a home run. Look at the Cavaliers. One year Anthony Bennett, the next year Andrew Wiggins. You play the odds and dont stop playing just because you lose once or twice. 76ers have it right, they will eventually be elite.

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 09:02:17 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
When  will we be a contender again?  There is no light at the end of the tunnel.  If any quality player was to come to the Celtics via free agency the only draw Danny had was Rondo.  Now he has traded away the entire Championship team--started with Perk--then messing with Ray Allen's head - then trading the competitive dignity of PP, despite Paul begging to retire a Celt --and the great KG---Danny Ainge the anti-Celtic --  everyone of those guys owns more Celtic lore than Danny --  the faux businessman  with no loyalty and no sense of what being a Celtic means!

Why would you trust Danny Ainge  he is nothing but a buffoon pretending to build a team but instead destroying a tradition.      :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Feel the same way. No respect for the fan base and the history of the team. It is all about all or nothing gambles.

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 09:04:06 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
In Ainge I'm disgusted.

At least right now....and for a few days...maybe months.

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 09:04:44 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
When  will we be a contender again?  There is no light at the end of the tunnel.  If any quality player was to come to the Celtics via free agency the only draw Danny had was Rondo.  Now he has traded away the entire Championship team--started with Perk--then messing with Ray Allen's head - then trading the competitive dignity of PP, despite Paul begging to retire a Celt --and the great KG---Danny Ainge the anti-Celtic --  everyone of those guys owns more Celtic lore than Danny --  the faux businessman  with no loyalty and no sense of what being a Celtic means!

Why would you trust Danny Ainge  he is nothing but a buffoon pretending to build a team but instead destroying a tradition.      :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Feel the same way. No respect for the fan base and the history of the team. It is all about all or nothing gambles.
which, as i recall, worked when he went for broke with kg and ray.

look, the celtics traded walker and pierce, celtic fan favorites, because they honestly thought it was the right move and helped the team. this is no different. it is an honest attempt to help the celtics rebuild.

whether it works or not, i understand that ainge thought rondo was gone and this was better than getting nothing in return for him.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 09:07:42 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 09:09:28 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I have been a staunch Danny supporter,  but I'm wavering big-time here.

The timing of this was such that it allows us to move the three stooges before the trade deadline. Silvergray lining?

Jameer blankin Nelson is the first to dump. His defining moment for me was when AB hounded him and literally almost had him crying.

Problem is he has a player option for $3.5 mil next year. No one wants him, so you know he'll exercise it.
I've never been a Jameer fan. I hope he gets flipped at the deadline.  Between him and Pressey we have a microscopic backcourt if Smart is out. 

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 09:11:46 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93

Come off the ledge brother, it's gonna be OK. Danny Ainge was a big part of the 1986 Celtics only the greatest team in the history of basketball, I think he knows what it means to be a Celtic. Rondo was gone either way, it was time to move forward, it's time to get behind these young guys full force, they just might surprise you. Larry Bird wasn't traded today people, LeBron didn't just leave the Celtics,  it's ok to vent & be upset, but let's have a little perspective now.

Danny was a role player on that team nothing more, the weakest of the starters, do not kid yourself.  He was traded and  does not understand loyalty and purpose.  It's not just Rondo it's that this team is still on a decline with no real idea of when we move up again.  But trust in Danny if you want, I think he is a fool!  I think he does not know what it means to be a Celtic!
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 09:12:36 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I trust him too, gonna give him benefit of doubt, HATE this trade on it's face. Living for the wait and see.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 09:12:47 PM »

Offline ViolentGhandi

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
I think this trade proves that Danny wants to tank this year and believes that dumping Rondo will cause the Celtics to have more losses and hence slip deeper into lottery contention. Otherwise, there is little reason to explain the timing of the deal and I am not buying the theory that it's done this early so Ainge could then repackage one of the Mavs players before the deadline. They aren't worth making the deal now over. The only explanation is Danny wants Stevens to have less talent to be able to win games with.

+1

yeah he did the exact same thing last year - ok there wasnt a Rondo type caliber involved but still - as the team started winning too much he moved peaces away that really enabled us to win and see what it got us a 6th pick. Good thing the draft class was so stong in the first 7-8 as it wasnt in ages.

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 09:21:16 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
This is not about Rondo getting traded.
It is about the poor return. 

It is December.  Trade Deadline is February.
Alot of options between now and then.
Making this deal, this early was just poor.  The only way it pans out is if Danny makes another deal-soon.

Ask yourself why Kobe, Melo, Lebron,  all would like to play with Rajon Rondo.

So let's not pretend he's not a valued player. 

I see no reason to rush out and make a deal that fetches Brandon Wright and a late round number 1 as the center of a trade. 
 :o
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 09:38:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Making this deal, this early was just poor.  The only way it pans out is if Danny makes another deal-soon.

I see no reason to rush out and make a deal that fetches Brandon Wright and a late round number 1 as the center of a trade. 
TP. Preach it Preacher

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 09:43:23 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
AMEN!!

He brought us one championship so far

Gotta trust the man!

P.S. While people get on him about trading stars (and how Red wouldn't, which is true) at least he sends them to contending teams. He gave Pierce, Garnett, and Rondo a chance to win on a team in a better situation than the celtics are in
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 09:45:46 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Another trade, before the deadline, is exactly what is going to happen. That is the reason he made the move now. There is a logjam in the front court and way WAY too many picks to keep.

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 09:58:41 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Rondo is going to be a free agent, which essentially gives him veto power over any trade.  So, there are probably fewer than 10 teams we could trade Rondo to.  Heck, the teams who both might want Rondo AND he'd be willing to resign with is probably Dallas, Houston and...?  And the longer you wait, the riskier it is for those teams to bring in Rondo and disrupt their team chemistry.  And until you make a move with Rondo, you really can't do anything with Bass, Thornton or Green.

So waiting longer to pull the trigger would have had some downsides.

This is a poor deal but a better deal wasn't coming a month or two in the future.  The better deal was 2 years ago before Rondo got hurt.

Mike

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 10:06:50 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

[/quote

If that's the case why didn't Anthony or James sign here? Cleveland worked out the cap to get James. The Celtics could have as well to land a star but they didn't and why is that ?