Author Topic: Bring Back Rondo!  (Read 13308 times)

Re: Bring Back Rondo!
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2015, 11:02:01 AM »

Offline saynomore

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 15
I don't want to see Rajon Rondo back here. He did his time in BOS, contributed as a key player in attempted title runs, and won a Banner.

I wouldn't want him back here with this fickle fan base.

Some here totally discount what he did here, make up baseless reasons to undercut his time in BOS, ridicule those that support him.

He did his time here. Time to move on.

I wish him well wherever he lands. WHEREVER he lands.

But don't come back here. He deserves better.

Exactly my thoughts. Right now many Celtics fans keep saying what he's a cancer, just because everyone does say that and that's kind of popular opinion nowadays. But did he was a cancer while played for Boston? Do some of you called him like that if he wasn't traded? Doubt it but whatever anyways. He was a great teammate and nothing but positive things should've been remembered, cause he played with his heart, certainly loved played in this organization, responded about the fans extremely well. So guys, if you have moved on since that trade and Celtics have a new roster, why would you say negative things about Rondo? What exactly Rondo did wrong in Boston through the years? Why do you now hating on him, laughing? Did you feel sad when he was traded and what's changed now? He failed in other team, he failed cause he might be not feeling himself after ACL? He failed cause Carlisle didn't trusted him at all and benched him after every single [dang] mistake... but how is this cancels his services while he played in Boston? Just don't understand some ppl

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2015, 11:16:46 AM »

Offline saynomore

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 15
He deserves better? Are you kidding me? He got payed millions of dollars to play a game. He didn't deserve anything , but for years boston fans cheared for him at every turn I don't feel bad at all that people gave him grief as he has basically destroyed the last two teams he's played for.

I loved rondo. I thought he would put Dallas on his back in the playoffs. I hope he finds success in the res of his career but to say he deserves better? Not a chance.

What is wrong with wishing well to a former player who has raised the banner? Okay he might be not the main guy out there, but did you hated him too when he dropped 40+ points against Heat. Do you remember his triple-doubles or so? It was the past, right, but did you hated him back then? And how the hell he destroyed Boston as a team actually? You're saying what PP, KG and Doc all left cause all nine years he kept destroying team?
His mistakes in Dallas is another story, nothing in common to what he did while played for Celtics

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2015, 11:24:31 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is not going to happen, DA let KG and PP walk, do you really think he will bring back Rondo?

I do not and I am thankful for what RR gave us.  Ainge GMs with his head not his heart.

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2015, 11:48:47 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
We don't have the personnel for this to make sense.  Rondo needs to go to a team with 1) veteran leadership, and 2) floor spacers, but that 3) doesn't run a motion offense.

As sad as this is to say, at this stage of his career Rondo is basically Jose Calderon without the shooting.  If Rondo isn't going to penetrate, and if he's going to dominate the ball, it will be hard for him to find a good fit.  Throw in his history of clashing with teammates and coaches, and his options may be very limited.

I wonder if he'll end up in China or something like Marbury.
Yup

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He ll be lucky to get  7- 6million  with his prior injuries and being 30 next season.  Some team will be that far reaching.

He has got to play hard , every day , act like he wants to be in the NBA ......no matter where he is at or he'll get traded again or waved.

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2015, 12:30:53 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He deserves better? Are you kidding me? He got payed millions of dollars to play a game. He didn't deserve anything , but for years boston fans cheared for him at every turn I don't feel bad at all that people gave him grief as he has basically destroyed the last two teams he's played for.

I loved rondo. I thought he would put Dallas on his back in the playoffs. I hope he finds success in the res of his career but to say he deserves better? Not a chance.

What is wrong with wishing well to a former player who has raised the banner? Okay he might be not the main guy out there, but did you hated him too when he dropped 40+ points against Heat. Do you remember his triple-doubles or so? It was the past, right, but did you hated him back then? And how the hell he destroyed Boston as a team actually? You're saying what PP, KG and Doc all left cause all nine years he kept destroying team?
His mistakes in Dallas is another story, nothing in common to what he did while played for Celtics
Thats not what Im saying, or at least not the message Im trying to get across.

I loved Rondo when he was doing all those things you mentioned and thats why when he came back to boston I cheered for him (actually I didnt because I was watching that game alone in my house and that would have been weird to start cheering)

I wish him well in the future.

We are on the same page in that regard.

I meant he destroyed two teams by the simple fact that for the past 164 game + playoffs sample size, his teams have been substantially better without him. Destroyed is a little harsh but the point is that he had a large negative effect on his teams for the past two years. I give him  a pass last year but he has had a bad attitude and effort has been lacking.

When the dust settles we will all remember Rondo for his great moments in green but the past few years are not something that I believe should just be completely shoved under the rug because he did great things.

Right now Rajon Rondo creates a net negative effect on his teams in large part due to his attitude and work ethic. This I do not believe is a point anyone will argue.

Because he was a very good Celtic for a few years does not make him untouchable.

You as a professional basketball player owe it to the fans and organization that pays you to give 100% because I do not believe Rondo did this, I believe it is legitimate to criticize him.

I also think it is reasonable to give him a pass but the point is that Rondo does not deserve better. No fanbase would just cut him a pass for not trying for 2 years.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2015, 12:36:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=76540.0

I made this thread way back when and I think it illustrates that I get what you are saying. Rondo was great and we should remember him for it.

see, Im not all bad
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2015, 02:54:19 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I am a Celtics fan, but what I am about to say will make people doubt it...I should have said "I don't know why ANY exCeltic from our last Championship would want to come back here...including Paul Pierce.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I am a Celtics fan, but what I am about to say will make people doubt it...I should have said "I don't know why ANY exCeltic from our last Championship would want to come back here...including Paul Pierce.

I mean ... maybe because they have a great coach and the fans adore them?

I could see Pierce wanting to come back and be a player-coach mentor with this young team for his last year in the league before he hangs it up and moves up to the front office.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2015, 03:01:51 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
a masochistic thread
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2015, 04:37:25 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
When are people going to realize he sucks now?

One of the reasons I was happy that Rondo was traded was because I had thought that he was garbage ever since coming back from injury, and putting him in a different situation would help me prove it.

Rondo's failure in Dallas proved my point perfectly. He sucks, at this point.

So why on earth would we want him back? At this point, he's not worth a roster spot. I mean even on the bench. He blows on offense (as Dallas' struggles with him in the lineup illustrated) and doesn't play defense anymore. All he does is kill ball movement and spacing to rack up meaningless assists, and steal rebounds from other players to boost his stats. He can't shoot worth a [dang], and he's forgotten how to use his passing skill to actually help teammates. He can't take it to the rack easily anymore. He'd be worth $4 million as a backup point guard, but his ego won't allow that and he's a total headcase who fights with his teammates. I literally would not want him on this team FOR FREE.

« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2015, 04:37:56 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
This thread gave me cancer

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2015, 04:44:38 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Not just no.

Hell no.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2015, 04:48:44 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think DA could bring him back for the right price. Definitely not a max deal but a contract that never gets higher then 14 mill annually? I can see it especially with the cap going up. Ainge is a rondo fan.

Rondo Bradley and crowder starting
Thomas smart and turner off the bench

That's your PG, SG, and SF rotation.

Honestly not sure I want to see it happen but I could definitely see it happening.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
This thread gave me cancer

Poor choice of words to make a point.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.