Author Topic: Bring Back Rondo!  (Read 13341 times)

Re: Bring Back Rondo!
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2015, 12:35:22 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
"This is  problem I have with society nowadays...this "what have you done for me lately" crowd.

It sickens me, TBH. There is no loyalty or too little."

This quote is where i got them morally superior from. Perhaps a misinterpretation.

I respect that you want to wish rondo well in future endeavors and that you thinks his (substantial) past contributions grant him a basketball immunity of sorts. However, I don't respect you calling out the entire celtics fan base and saying in effect they aren't good enough fans to deserve Rajon rondo.
I do take exception to that.

you can't call out everyone's opinions as sickening then say "whoa man just respect my opinion"

Am I reading into this the wrong way?

Since Rajon has left, it has become apparent to me that it would be a divide here on the subject.

There are a few posters on here with -IMO- a FAR LEFT (or right, whatever) view on him. Those posters I speak of know who they are.

When you have polar opposites like that, that can sway (unfortunately) many people. And anger some.

Since I'm NOT Dr. Phil (but have been called him, lol) I react. I react based on my own perception of things.

There is a certain vibe on here that feels a certain way about Rajon Rondo. I feel differently. Always will.

If you interpret that as calling out an entire fanbase? So be it. I think those who really know me on here by the way I've posted over the years know I bleed Green.

And why in the world would I be Anti-Celtic if I cheered for Rajon Rondo in Purple and Gold? After all, THIS guy was almost a Celtic:

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2015, 12:40:08 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
"This is  problem I have with society nowadays...this "what have you done for me lately" crowd.

It sickens me, TBH. There is no loyalty or too little."

This quote is where i got them morally superior from. Perhaps a misinterpretation.

I respect that you want to wish rondo well in future endeavors and that you thinks his (substantial) past contributions grant him a basketball immunity of sorts. However, I don't respect you calling out the entire celtics fan base and saying in effect they aren't good enough fans to deserve Rajon rondo.
I do take exception to that.

you can't call out everyone's opinions as sickening then say "whoa man just respect my opinion"

Am I reading into this the wrong way?

Since Rajon has left, it has become apparent to me that it would be a divide here on the subject.

There are a few posters on here with -IMO- a FAR LEFT (or right, whatever) view on him. Those posters I speak of know who they are.

When you have polar opposites like that, that can sway (unfortunately) many people. And anger some.

Since I'm NOT Dr. Phil (but have been called him, lol) I react. I react based on my own perception of things.

There is a certain vibe on here that feels a certain way about Rajon Rondo. I feel differently. Always will.

If you interpret that as calling out an entire fanbase? So be it. I think those who really know me on here by the way I've posted over the years know I bleed Green.

And why in the world would I be Anti-Celtic if I cheered for Rajon Rondo in Purple and Gold? After all, THIS guy was almost a Celtic:

I'm not well versed in this part of Celtic history, so how was Kobe Bryant almost a member of the green?  Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, btw.

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2015, 12:48:09 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
In the same way that some things are greater than the sum of their parts some things are just horrible ideas in every possible scenario no matter what you put on paper.

It's hard for me to think of examples of how bad an idea this is.  It would be like if....Jeb Bush became president and made Dick Cheney Secretary of State. Why? Why would you do that? Why? Do not even tell me "He has a lot of experience". Don't even say that. Don't do it.

Dude, the idea of bringing Rondo back is nowhere near that bad, lol ;D, but the sad part here is that I can see both political scenarios happening, and this time we won't have Jon Stewart. :'(

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2015, 12:50:54 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I mean without Rondo the Celtics have been way better than with Rondo for the past two years and the Mavs have been miles better with Rondo than without. Hes a moody player who only shows up to play half the time. Yes he was tremendous for us and left it all on the court for a few years but he did not do enough to earn Paul Pierce status.

I love Rondo I made a post when he had the first blow-up with Carlisle about how we should look back at the brilliant moments he had in a Celtics uniform.

He tore his acl and never recovered but we dont give Rondo grief for not being the guy he was in 2011 etc.

Rondo doesnt deserve our undying love and effection or anyones for that matter because for the last two years hes done nothing but be a negative drain on a team with his performance, attitude and work ethic.

Hes no Pierce, hes no KG, hes just Rajon Rondo.

This is  problem I have with society nowadays...this "what have you done for me lately" crowd.

It sickens me, TBH. There is no loyalty or too little.

So you're basically judging Rajon Rondo on his last two years and his lack of State Farm commercials, "crowd" appeal, crowd pleasing?

Rajon Rondo is NOT Hollywood. But he may end up in Hollywood, and if he does I will cheer him, even against BOS.

And I bleed Green forever.
What do you think this is some movie? when you dont try and act as a net negative on a team where you are supposed to be in the prime of your career, people are going to call you out.

When Rondo's career is over thats when its time to say, hey look at all that guy did for us but the bottom line is Rondo did not give even close to maximum effort after returning from his surgery and you cant just not try. that is unforgiveable.

What makes me sick is you trying to act like you are so morally superior because you still support some guy from our title run who has been nothing short of garbage in every regard for the last two years.

Its not like he broke down physically and now we all hate him. Its that he displayed a terrible attitude and refused to try unless it was to "stick it" to his old team.

Where's the loyalty there.

When you root against the C's for the Lakers you arent bleeding green. Thats not how it works, unless maybe if your talking about a Celtic legend.

Hes no legend, not even close.
-----------------------
we agree that when we look back on Rajon Rondo we should, and I expect most of Celtics nation will, remember the times he left it all on the floor, helped us win a title and nearly carried us to an NBA championship over Lebron.

However, to say he deserves better is rediculous. He was the 4th best player on that championship squad and he then was probably the 3rd best for the next couple years and in the 2012 playoffs he was our best player. He has a very nice resume but I dont think hes earned immunity.

Right now hes a player who sucks and doesnt try and is a straight up prima donna. Im not going to defend that.

I wish him well but its not like we burned down his [dang] house we criticized a lack of effort.

Is that so wrong?

::)

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2015, 01:06:39 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2015, 02:39:26 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Yes! But only for a veteran minimum. And bring him KG and PP as well. RayRay can be added to.

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2015, 02:43:05 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Rondo is just a child with behavioral disorders. Otherwise, he's a great guy. I got his jersey.

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2015, 06:19:40 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I don't know why Rondo would want to come back. 

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2015, 07:25:01 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
He could sign a 1 or 2 year contract and try to raise his value again. But it likely wont happen ;D
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2015, 09:15:34 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
 ::) ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2015, 09:18:53 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
He could sign a 1 or 2 year contract and try to raise his value again. But it likely wont happen ;D

after reading what paul pierce had to say about rondo and ray in their time here those two do not deserve to get any accolades or anything here ever again. rondo was lazy. all that stuff about allen never being a team guy or helping off the court. ray is lucky KG didn't beat his sorry ass.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
In the same way that some things are greater than the sum of their parts some things are just horrible ideas in every possible scenario no matter what you put on paper.

It's hard for me to think of examples of how bad an idea this is.  It would be like if....Jeb Bush became president and made Dick Cheney Secretary of State. Why? Why would you do that? Why? Do not even tell me "He has a lot of experience". Don't even say that. Don't do it.

Dude, the idea of bringing Rondo back is nowhere near that bad, lol ;D, but the sad part here is that I can see both political scenarios happening, and this time we won't have Jon Stewart. :'(
I tried hard to think of something and it was very difficult.

My inspiration was when Bill Simmons was trying to explain how bad an idea it was for the Sox to bring back Roger Clemens late in his career and compared it to dating a great up and coming actress like Pamela Anderson and she leaves you for some famous guy and then wants to come back to you after she's been through Kid Rock et all.   I was trying to find an equally good universally understood scenario and it was really hard.

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2015, 09:51:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We were a better team without him, later in the season.   This idea is beyond silly, what has he done to help Dallas.   Rondo needs a very specific team to play around him.   Dallas didn't have the shooters and we sure as heck don't have them.

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2015, 10:20:42 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We don't have the personnel for this to make sense.  Rondo needs to go to a team with 1) veteran leadership, and 2) floor spacers, but that 3) doesn't run a motion offense.

As sad as this is to say, at this stage of his career Rondo is basically Jose Calderon without the shooting.  If Rondo isn't going to penetrate, and if he's going to dominate the ball, it will be hard for him to find a good fit.  Throw in his history of clashing with teammates and coaches, and his options may be very limited.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2015, 10:23:32 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I love Rondo, and I hope to continue supporting him (as long as he doesn't jump to LA), but the ship has sailed and he no longer fits this team's style or personnel anymore. We should move on from him.