Author Topic: Bring Back Rondo!  (Read 13320 times)

Bring Back Rondo!
« on: December 18, 2014, 07:48:13 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This summer.  Assuming he's not signing an extension with the Mavs, just bring him back as a free agent.  He can be an excellent change-of-pace backup for Marcus Smart.

Re: Bring Back Rondo!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 07:49:19 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
This summer.  Assuming he's not signing an extension with the Mavs, just bring him back as a free agent.  He can be an excellent change-of-pace backup for Marcus Smart.

Here come the pitchforks!

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Ah, the "Jon Lester Plan"

Great words from a great man

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:50:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

LOL

After you get your moment in the big screen, you are never coming back as a Celtic

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 07:50:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I'm seriously interested to see how many fans actually want Boston to sign him as a free agent after spending some time away from him.  If Smart excels or the Mavs struggle to adapt to a Rondo-centric offense, It will be fascinating to see how fans here react if Rondo hits free agency.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 02:00:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I'm seriously interested to see how many fans actually want Boston to sign him as a free agent after spending some time away from him.  If Smart excels or the Mavs struggle to adapt to a Rondo-centric offense, It will be fascinating to see how fans here react if Rondo hits free agency.
Well I posted this before Rondo's first game in Dallas.  Looks like we already got a nice change-of-pace backup to Smart.  Anyone open to bringing back Rondo at this point? 

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 02:05:11 PM »

Offline 34truth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • ubuntu
please no

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 02:05:28 PM »

Offline 34truth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • ubuntu
thank god ur  not danny

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 02:09:12 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Well I posted this before Rondo's first game in Dallas.  Looks like we already got a nice change-of-pace backup to Smart.  Anyone open to bringing back Rondo at this point?

In favor:
BBallTim
BlindFatith

Opposed:
The rest of the board

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 02:16:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

what is wrong with you??

the answer is no.

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 02:17:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

In favor:
BBallTim
BlindFatith

Opposed:
The rest of the board

under the list of Favor, add Rondo9, KeepRondo, Rondomagic, Rondomania, Rondo4ever

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 02:17:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
As an assistant coach

YES!

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 02:18:30 PM »

Offline brandonmm94

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I think the pro-tankers will want rondo back..

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 02:31:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

what is wrong with you??

the answer is no.

Heh... I posted this thread the day of the Rondo trade.   I was so confident that Rondo was going to be a disaster in Dallas, that I automatically assumed he'd avoid signing an extension there and I figured we could sign him in the summer to be Smart's back-up. 

Now here we are a few months later and even the idea of Rondo as a back-up disgusts people.  Lol.   Fwiw, if we didn't already have Thomas, I'd be open to bringing Rondo back on a discount.  He's a quality PG in the right system.  If we make some big trade this summer involving a handful of players and find ourselves in need of a starting PG, I'd throw Rondo a nice 4 year 32 mil offer.  I don't think there's any way for him to fit in Brad's offense, though... so it's probably still a bad idea.

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
why ???