Author Topic: Bring Back Rondo!  (Read 13303 times)

Re: Bring Back Rondo!
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2015, 07:25:14 PM »

Offline saynomore

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 15
When are people going to realize he sucks now?

One of the reasons I was happy that Rondo was traded was because I had thought that he was garbage ever since coming back from injury, and putting him in a different situation would help me prove it.

Rondo's failure in Dallas proved my point perfectly. He sucks, at this point.

I'm not saying what he's good in any point and what he should come back to Boston. Personally, hope he's not coming back and DA won't do it anyways so. Celtics is a complete different team with young group of guys (well mostly) with a young coach. Boston is building a new team through draft and young players. I prefer him to not coming back also, because he had a very nice chapter of his career, and possibly, the most brighter part of his career. He won and became champion in this team. He's better to be remembered like a champ there

I believe what ACL has damaged him in some certain ways and the most importantly: he's afraid go through it again. Right now he's obviously in a bad situation. I don't really want to talk about his chapter in Dallas, but if i would do so: the coach didn't trusted Rondo and Carlisle has his reasons to do so. But why in the first place do you make a trade for a very specific point guard, if you won't allow him to play his game? Instead of Rondo - Ellis, Parsons and Dirk were holding the ball constantly in many possessions, while Rondo waited in a corner. So this type of plays we seen every night, Carlisle didn't even tried to do something different before playoffs and rather benched Rondo even more. Rajon tried to play helpful in the 1st game against Rockets; he made mistakes in 2nd and Carlisle said in public what he don't expect to SEE Rondo anymore in Mavs jersey and by saying so, he mean: don't really want to see him again. Anyways, that's not matter anymore

Well yes even if Rondo is no longer an elite player, i'm honestly believing what Celtics fans shouldn't say on repeat how trashy and garbage he is now. It is rude against a player who played with his heart for your team, and for a player who gave you joy in the past, who makes you smile back then. But it's just my humble opinion and i'm not going to judge anyone

Going back to topic, i don't believe he's going back to Boston in any day

« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2015, 07:28:58 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I'm trololololing at this idea. Props LarBrd.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2015, 08:15:14 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
In the same way that some things are greater than the sum of their parts some things are just horrible ideas in every possible scenario no matter what you put on paper.

It's hard for me to think of examples of how bad an idea this is.  It would be like if....Jeb Bush became president and made Dick Cheney Secretary of State. Why? Why would you do that? Why? Do not even tell me "He has a lot of experience". Don't even say that. Don't do it.

Dude, the idea of bringing Rondo back is nowhere near that bad, lol ;D, but the sad part here is that I can see both political scenarios happening, and this time we won't have Jon Stewart. :'(
I tried hard to think of something and it was very difficult.

My inspiration was when Bill Simmons was trying to explain how bad an idea it was for the Sox to bring back Roger Clemens late in his career and compared it to dating a great up and coming actress like Pamela Anderson and she leaves you for some famous guy and then wants to come back to you after she's been through Kid Rock et all.   I was trying to find an equally good universally understood scenario and it was really hard.

Hmm, that's an interesting scenario, considering that both Pamela Anderson and Roger Clemens arguably got 'better' as they aged by using various kinds of 'enhancements' ;), ahaha. ;D