Author Topic: jeff green is gone right?  (Read 12416 times)

Re: jeff green is gone right?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 09:11:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
He darn well better.

If Ainge has the gall to trade Rondo for that piece of crap, he bloody well better follow through and blow up the roster well enough to tank properly.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 10:32:18 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Hard to imagine that with Rondo gone, and DA looking more like he is going to continue the fire sale that Jeff wants any part of staying in Boston.  If we didn't want to even try and resign rondo at the 15-18 mil level, hard to imagine that DA is going to want to pay market price for Green.

I would bet his is traded before the deadline, probably before the end of the year to improve the 'tank'.  Uggg.   what a horrible day.

oh come. Jeff Green is not putting on sad music and crying in the washroom bc Rondo is traded.

Man are you always this annoying?  JG is a veteran player and with the shift into long-term rebuilding he might not want to stay.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
He darn well better.

If Ainge has the gall to trade Rondo for that piece of crap, he bloody well better follow through and blow up the roster well enough to tank properly.

Preach
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 10:38:23 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
For Jeff's sake I hope he is traded to a contender or opts out ASAP.

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 10:43:58 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
For Jeff's sake I hope he is traded to a contender or opts out ASAP.

Well I like Green as a player.  If he wants to stay and stick it out, I like watching him play. 

But yeah, he is probably looking at a nice payday if he declines his player option for next year which is 9.5 mil right?

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 10:53:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hard to imagine that with Rondo gone, and DA looking more like he is going to continue the fire sale that Jeff wants any part of staying in Boston.  If we didn't want to even try and resign rondo at the 15-18 mil level, hard to imagine that DA is going to want to pay market price for Green.

I would bet his is traded before the deadline, probably before the end of the year to improve the 'tank'.  Uggg.   what a horrible day.

oh come. Jeff Green is not putting on sad music and crying in the washroom bc Rondo is traded.

Man are you always this annoying?  JG is a veteran player and with the shift into long-term rebuilding he might not want to stay.

I know your sad about Rondo being traded away, but you do you have to be so annoying and also inaccurate?

We are not in a LONG term rebuilding mode. Half of our team are made up of vets.   We are not like the Jazz and 76ers also. We are a much better team.

Don't make it out to be that bc Rondo (who made our current team perform worse btw) is gone, this team is ready for auto tank.  We are going to be better actually.

Green has performed superbly so far.  Danny prob does not want to get rid of him so easily and wants to actually lock him up for the next 3-4 seasons.   

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 10:54:33 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
so what can we get for jeff green?

Green is staying a little longer. Danny imo is going to try to resign him first. Or wait to get overpaid.   We will have a huge hole at the sf spot if Green was gone

As usual, your logic is illogical. Why would Danny try to resign Green after moving Rondo? It's a pretty similar situation;  both 28 and in the final year of their deals. I don't see Danny willing to pony up $13m+ per year to resign him and I don't see Jeff agreeing to waste the rest of his prime on a lottery team.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 10:57:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Green is staying a little longer. Danny imo is going to try to resign him first. Or wait to get overpaid.   We will have a huge hole at the sf spot if Green was gone

As usual, your logic is illogical. Why would Danny try to resign Green after moving Rondo? It's a pretty similar situation;  both 28 and in the final year of their deals. I don't see Danny willing to pony up $13m+ per year to resign him and I don't see Jeff agreeing to waste the rest of his prime on a lottery team.

BC Green is better than Rondo. He actually "fits" with this unit.   

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 10:59:06 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Rondo is gone to Dallas. Operation Rebuild is now in effect. Guys like Bass, Green deserve to be on contenders. 1st order of business is to send Jeff Green to the Memphis Grizzles.

Trade Proposal:

Boston Sends: Green, Zeller, Cleveland 2016 2nd Round pick
Boston Receives: Dion Waiters, Grizzlies 2015 1st (from Cleveland), Celtics 2016 2nd Rd pick (via Grizzlies)

Memphis Sends: Kostas Koufos, Tayshaun Prince, 2016 Celtics 2nd Rd pick
Memphis Receives: Jeff Green, Tyler Zeller, 2016 Wizards 2nd Rd pick (protected by the Wizards picks 31-49 in 2nd Rd)

Cleveland Sends: Waiters, Haywood (10.5 mil, can be waived so essientially an expiring deal), Grizzlies 2015 1st Rd pick.
Cleveland Receives: Kosta Koufos, Tayshaun Prince, Cleveland 2016 2nd Rd pick (from Boston).

Here's the breakdown on the picks:

Celtics:

The Celtics owe their 2016 second round pick to the Grizzlies. We would get that back. Also to the Celtics would get the Grizzlies 2015 1st round pick (currently protected by Memphis for picks 1-5, and 15-30). As part of the deal, both Memphis and Cleveland agree to renounce their rights to the Grizzlies 2015 1st Rd pick.

Grizzlies: Get a heavily protected 2nd round pick from Washington (unlikely they get it)

Cavaliers: Get their 2016 2nd Rd pick back (currently held by the Celtics)

Boston gets Waiters to add to it's new backcourt trio ( Smart, Bradley, Waiters) & picks to compensate them for giving up Green & Zeller (including another 2015 1st Rd pick!!)

Cleveland gets its rim protector which they can re-sign next year, along with a veteran SF in Prince to help their defense/offense.

Grizzlies get Green to start at SF! (Back w/ his boi Courtney Lee!!) & Zeller to replace Koufos as backup Center.

The only flaw I see in the trade is for Cleveland. Might ask for Beno Udrih (2 years left on his deal) and another 2nd Rd pick for giving up Waiters (2 years left of his rookie deal). Only because they are getting Koufos & Prince who both expire. Maybe they can agree to an extension with Koufos to dead the issue??!

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 10:59:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

ok we will see what happens in the next 10 games now that Rondo is gone. 

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 11:07:10 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Maybe acquiring one or both of his Georgetown buddies makes Green want to stay. Give me either Monroe or Hibbert ( both would be phenomenal but unlikely) and Green maybe gives us a hometown discount to play with one or both of his buddies.

Then we're retooling on the fly rather than rebuilding.

I can see Ainge keeping Green to entice Monroe. Remember when he was in town last. You could tell from the interviews that Monroe and Green had discussed that.

Given that Hibbert is close to both of them, we could (unlikely, I know) have a new Big Three.

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 11:08:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Trade Proposal:

Boston Sends: Green, Zeller, Cleveland 2016 2nd Round pick
Boston Receives: Dion Waiters, Grizzlies 2015 1st (from Cleveland), Celtics 2016 2nd Rd pick (via Grizzlies)

Memphis Sends: Kostas Koufos, Tayshaun Prince, 2016 Celtics 2nd Rd pick
Memphis Receives: Jeff Green, Tyler Zeller, 2016 Wizards 2nd Rd pick (protected by the Wizards picks 31-49 in 2nd Rd)

Cleveland Sends: Waiters, Haywood (10.5 mil, can be waived so essientially an expiring deal), Grizzlies 2015 1st Rd pick.
Cleveland Receives: Kosta Koufos, Tayshaun Prince, Cleveland 2016 2nd Rd pick (from Boston).

I do not like this trade but then I am a Celtics fan and not a Cav fan!

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 11:08:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Oh boy. You're in for a rude awakening.

I'm a realist - I loved Rondo but back during the off season, I predicted Dallas as a serious suitor and great fit for him. The realist in me again is saying Jeff is gone before the deadline. Ainge is about to bottom out. Being an 8th seed in today's nba is basically purgatory. You either have to be competing for championships or hoping for a high lottery pick, there's no award for being in between.

Jeff's 28 and probably up for the biggest payday of his career this offseason. It makes no sense to commit longterm money to him and it makes no sense for him to commit his prime to a losing situation.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 11:10:43 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Oh boy. You're in for a rude awakening.

I'm a realist - I loved Rondo but back during the off season, I predicted Dallas as a serious suitor and great fit for him. The realist in me again is saying Jeff is gone before the deadline. Ainge is about to bottom out. Being an 8th seed in today's nba is basically purgatory. You either have to be competing for championships or hoping for a high lottery pick, there's no award for being in between.

Jeff's 28 and probably up for the biggest payday of his career this offseason. It makes no sense to commit longterm money to him and it makes no sense for him to commit his prime to a losing situation.

You HAVE to trade Green. We might be just as good now as we were with Rondo, but none of our guys are attracting top free agents next offseason. So it doesn't make sense to push for the playoffs right now. We need to trade Green, Bass, Thornton, and whoever else we can flip for assets and tank. No more of this halfway tank crap that we did last year.

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 11:13:35 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Maybe acquiring one or both of his Georgetown buddies makes Green want to stay. Give me either Monroe or Hibbert ( both would be phenomenal but unlikely) and Green maybe gives us a hometown discount to play with one or both of his buddies.

Then we're retooling on the fly rather than rebuilding.

I can see Ainge keeping Green to entice Monroe. Remember when he was in town last. You could tell from the interviews that Monroe and Green had discussed that.

Given that Hibbert is close to both of them, we could (unlikely, I know) have a new Big Three.

Monroe has veto power on any trades since he signed his qualifying offer. There was a report a few days ago that he had no intention of waiving his no trade clause because he doesn't wanna lose his bird rights, so I think any Monroe trade is pretty unlikely.
2021 Houston Rockets