Author Topic: jeff green is gone right?  (Read 12452 times)

Re: jeff green is gone right?
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2014, 10:52:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Not sure what you mean by your comment but Celtics getting Waiters, Haywood's expiring, a 2015 Memphis pick, & their 2016 second rd pick back for Green & Zeller & a Cleveland 2nd rounder seems like a great return to me.

Waiters is not that good.   The Cavs come out best and it helps CLE more.  In fact, it pretty much will mean a title for CLE and maybe the next few years, it you can't see that I feel sorry for you.  I do not think it is Ainge's purpose to cement LeBron's legacy.

I hope Jeff Green isn't traded because he is my son's favorite player and he loves him.   But I think if Ainge gets a good return in picks or a young stud, he could be gone, the half tank did not work well last year.   If he gets traded it will be a good life lesson that the world is very business oriented for my son.

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2014, 03:21:50 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
How would a Jeff Green trade guarantee the title for Cleveland when the Rondo trade has already guaranteed the title for Dallas?

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2014, 03:23:59 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
At some point the merry go round has to stop.This also is not good for the young players.There has to be a blend and a sense of pride being a celtic,otherwise what is going to hold these players we develop.Maybe brad stevens.I would hate hearing "love boston and organization  but it's just buisness".Along with all those banners came retired numbers.Rondo had to go but Green.NO WAY

Green runs deep and whatnot
Yup

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
After a couple of years of infuriating inconsistent play, Green has played like what we all hoped he would play. Which brings up an interesting dilemma. I think he fits Stevens' offensive system quite well. But he can also opt out  of his contract this year and test FA (and probably make a decent amount of $$$ as well). Part of me wants to keep him since he seems to fit well here but I also don't want to lose him for nothing.

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2014, 03:30:36 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
This from an NBA reporter on Twitter named "Rick Reeves." Unsure if he's legit but he has 13k followers and seems to know what he's talking about:

Multiple sources believe #Celtics will work to move Jeff Green next. #Clippers among teams believed to be most interested.

https://twitter.com/NBAReeves/status/546366687566503936

What do the Clippers have to give? Would they surrender JJ Redick? If so, what third team could we send Redick to for more "long rebuild"-type assets?

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2014, 03:35:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Hard to imagine that with Rondo gone, and DA looking more like he is going to continue the fire sale that Jeff wants any part of staying in Boston.  If we didn't want to even try and resign rondo at the 15-18 mil level, hard to imagine that DA is going to want to pay market price for Green.

I would bet his is traded before the deadline, probably before the end of the year to improve the 'tank'.  Uggg.   what a horrible day.

oh come. Jeff Green is not putting on sad music and crying in the washroom bc Rondo is traded.

Man are you always this annoying?  JG is a veteran player and with the shift into long-term rebuilding he might not want to stay.

I know your sad about Rondo being traded away, but you do you have to be so annoying and also inaccurate?

This coming from the guy who took it on himself to 'editorialize' the events of Rondo's press conf with the mavs to somehow be a Rondo slam on the C's even though he was grateful and said great things about the C's. 

You basically make stuff up that supports your bias and then you try to call it a fact.  Yeah I am really concerned about your impression of my accuracy.

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2014, 03:53:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
so what can we get for jeff green?
This is another reason Ainge has made a horrid mistake. He has set the market for himself. There is no reason any team should have to offer more than a second rounder and some horrible players for J Green now.

Realistically if you are another GM and you need or want Jeff G why would offer anything similar to a fair deal for him now? Do the Celts give you the impression they won't let go of something for fair value? Do they give you the impression they are trying to improve their team in the near future? Do they give you the impression they value somewhat productive players that aren't on rookie deals?

Or do they give the impression that "everything must go!"

Ainge has given every GM in the league permission to walk up to his yard sale, pick the thing up, shake it, and say ....."Uhhh. I'll give you a dollar for it. I only have a dollar and a half on me and I gotta take the bus back".

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2014, 04:01:42 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
This is another reason Ainge has made a horrid mistake. He has set the market for himself. There is no reason any team should have to offer more than a second rounder and some horrible players for J Green now.

Realistically if you are another GM and you need or want Jeff G why would offer anything similar to a fair deal for him now? Do the Celts give you the impression they won't let go of something for fair value? Do they give you the impression they are trying to improve their team in the near future? Do they give you the impression they value somewhat productive players that aren't on rookie deals?

Ainge has given every GM in the league permission to walk up to his yard sale, pick the thing up, shake it, and say ....."Uhhh. I'll give you a dollar for it. I only have a dollar and a half on me and I gotta take the bus back".

I think the rub Ainge has offered us on the Rondo market was that we were going to lose him anyhow and this is the best we could (and it beats getting nothing when he walks as a FA).  Green is signed through next year. 
Yup

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2014, 04:02:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This from an NBA reporter on Twitter named "Rick Reeves." Unsure if he's legit but he has 13k followers and seems to know what he's talking about:

Multiple sources believe #Celtics will work to move Jeff Green next. #Clippers among teams believed to be most interested.

https://twitter.com/NBAReeves/status/546366687566503936

What do the Clippers have to give? Would they surrender JJ Redick? If so, what third team could we send Redick to for more "long rebuild"-type assets?

Dude what kind of source is this?

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2014, 04:03:12 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

I think the rub Ainge has offered us on the Rondo market was that we were going to lose him anyhow and this is the best we could (and it beats getting nothing when he walks as a FA).  Green is signed through next year.

Green has a player option next year for just over $9 million, which is far under what he could get. He is, in effect, an expiring.

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2014, 04:03:18 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Green has a player option and he's probably going to opt out and test FA with the way he is playing.

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2014, 04:05:40 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Green has a player option and he's probably going to opt out and test FA with the way he is playing.

aha

thanks
Yup

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2014, 04:06:36 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I know what you mean (a lot of Cs fans do - the Rondo deal was pretty rough), but all Danny needs to do is say 'no' if another gm makes a low-ball offer. He is not forced to trade Green for less than he is worth. Also, I believe there will be more competition for Green's services than there was for Rondo's - this will drive the market up on its own.

At the end of the day, I believe that the return for Green will actually be greater (higher pick, better player, an actual expiring contract) than what we got for Rondo - at least on the surface. I have said this before, but I truly believe that Ainge covets that large TPE more than anything else in the deal. He sees what he did with the Pierce/KG TPE and has no doubt [in his own mind] that he can at least do that again.

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2014, 04:09:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Then lose him. Don't take garbage for him. At some point I will likely expand on this, but essentially you have to say to the player "Fine. Go ahead and try to get what you want to be paid from a team that is under the cap that wants you and that you want to play for. Or make more money here. Go ahead. Have fun with that."
and you have to tell teams like the Mavs "oh you want to try to make a deep playoff run? You want to try to win a ring? Ok, well take your crud deal and shove it and try to stand in line and win the Rondo sweepstakes in the offseason. You make him your offer, and we'll offer him more money and we'll see where he goes. I mean I hear you have some rivals that sorta want a pg too and hey we can all give it a shot and see what happens. Personally I like my odds and not yours but we're allowed to have a difference of opinion".
But you sure as heck don't give a guy like Rondo away for some crud players and picks and shrug your shoulders like a loser and say "Hey it was the best I could do".

Settling is something some woman does that just really really wants to get married and is living with her parents and hasn't been asked out in two years. It's not something an NBA GM does.

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Not sure what you mean by your comment but Celtics getting Waiters, Haywood's expiring, a 2015 Memphis pick, & their 2016 second rd pick back for Green & Zeller & a Cleveland 2nd rounder seems like a great return to me.

Waiters is not that good.   The Cavs come out best and it helps CLE more.  In fact, it pretty much will mean a title for CLE and maybe the next few years, it you can't see that I feel sorry for you.  I do not think it is Ainge's purpose to cement LeBron's legacy.

I hope Jeff Green isn't traded because he is my son's favorite player and he loves him.   But I think if Ainge gets a good return in picks or a young stud, he could be gone, the half tank did not work well last year.   If he gets traded it will be a good life lesson that the world is very business oriented for my son.

I think Waiters is a good player. Look at what Jimmy Buttler is doing this year! Went from good to GREAT. At some point, you have to trade for Young talent like Waiters. Give him a chance and see if they could become something GREAT. I'm not against keeping Green. But if Ainge decides to trade Green (in fear of him opting out and leaving) or for that fact he doesn't want to commit 12-15 mil a year to him, then I expect a good enough return. Waiters, Haywood, a 2015 Memphis pick, (likely mid 20's), and a 2016 second rd pick sounds like a good return for Jeff Green & Tyler Zeller.

As far as the trade making Cleveland better, it does. I believe it helps all three teams if the Cs are looking to move Green. Cleveland gets their rim protector in Koufos & a good vet in Prince. Memphis gets Green as their starting SF, and Zeller to replace Koufos as backup C. Celtics get a good SG in Waiters, a 1st from Memphis and a future 2nd. Also Haywood's contract is waivable next year so Ainge could let the contact expire or trade it with picks and other players to get an impact player (Center?). Those two picks could get us someone good as well. I think that's a good return if Ainge decides to go the route of trading Green. As of now, I'm hearing (according to Chris Mannix) Green will only get us expiring contracts and maybe 2 second Rd picks. Curious to see what Ainge does with this team going forward!