Author Topic: Time to get REALLY excited about the 2015 draft  (Read 3885 times)

Re: Time to get REALLY excited about the 2015 draft
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 10:29:44 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
the Celtics don't draft that well...and they never keep the people they draft anyway.....this is just a big bag of suck.....like paying Bradley 10 million.......another dumb move...he ismn't even half as good as tony allen, yet they paid him more for doing less...hows that 6 for 20 shooting doing us......oh wait, it is rondo fault....

Well said, TP.  Do not get excited for the draft - it's a waste of time.  We're not getting any of those players.  It always works out one of two ways for us - either we get screwed in the lottery, or we actually get the chance to take a good player and Danny selects a guy who won't even be in the league in two years.  It really is like Charlie Brown and the football with him.  I was angry and upset after he traded Pierce and KG, and I knew that this would happen (getting a bag of peanuts for a legend), but I am so enraged right now that I can't even put it into words.  Ainge Sucks.  I just want someone to say this to Danny, right before they castrate him -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b0gRdA2QjI

But you have to admit that the Brooklyn deal was soooooo much better than this. This is just an abomination.

Both trades were abominations and a slap in the face to the tradition of this franchise.  Ainge SUCKS.  You will NEVER get equal value for legends, sorry.  That's just now how things work.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 10:31:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Not

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 10:33:19 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Look, you always need luck to rebuild.

Obviously the draft is never a sure thing and you need luck to get a good player. Luck that we haven't had for ages. (Then again, we did draft Pierce, Jefferson, and Rondo in the past two decades)

On the other hand you need luck for free agency and trades too. We've looked at our situation and decided that going all in on the draft maximizes our chances. It may pan out and it may not, but you can't say the draft is "useless" just because it's not a sure thing.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 10:34:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
You will NEVER get equal value for legends, sorry.  That's just now how things work.

I think PP was a legend and KG was a legend but their best days were past.   Rondo it would be hard pressed to call him a legend but he has some great games and can always say he was a Captain of the Celtics like PP.

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 10:44:39 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Well Okafor is starting to look pretty good last couple of games.  Combination of Duncan/ Z-Bo/ Sully. Looks like a promising prospect.

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 11:15:40 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
You will NEVER get equal value for legends, sorry.  That's just now how things work.

I think PP was a legend and KG was a legend but their best days were past.   Rondo it would be hard pressed to call him a legend but he has some great games and can always say he was a Captain of the Celtics like PP.

What he did in the biggest moments in the biggest games made him a legend, in my eyes.  You won't find another Rondo in another 10 drafts.

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 11:20:58 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
First Post!

How many first round draft picks do we have at the moment!

Is it 4 first round and 2 second rounds?

Then you look to 2016 and we have options with trading picks there aswell!

Not all doom and gloom!
Sure, in a couple of years we will be where Philly is now.
greece, you are better than this post. i guess the trade has you down. the celtics have a depth of credible, not great players to build on. olly, sully, smart are all good. and with the draft picks and ainge's abilities i am sure he will land more talent.

and who knows? maybe wright will pan out. cheer up, get a greek salad with feta cheese, and grab some ouzo.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
So I just found out they traded POWELL also......further PROOF of what to expect from the Celtics drafting history....drafted, here, played 5 minutes, traded......tell me, WHERE are the last TEN YEARS of draft picks..???  SAN ANTONIO again......powell would be playing to death by now at San Antonio....so you would see for sure if he could be made into a player or not.....WHAT is with this organization.......Whoever does the drafting needs to realize it is a FULL TIME JOB...now git your butt out there and start watching players 24-7 in college...!!!

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 04:20:45 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......

What he did in the biggest moments in the biggest games made him a legend, in my eyes.  You won't find another Rondo in another 10 drafts.

THAT..is a fact......like I said, these guys can't handle the ball like rondo....watch the steals and turnovers we have NOW.......