Author Topic: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan  (Read 52216 times)

Re: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2014, 12:17:18 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Although Wikipedia lists him at 210 pounds -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandan_Wright

I trust ESPN more on this one

Does it matter what the correct number is?

Dude is skinny.

dude he is not 210.   After 7 seasons don't you think he has been able to add some pounds/strength along the way

I'd like to see him go at it with Al Jefferson, or Al Horford, or Roy Hibbert down low, seeming as you want him to be our Center. He can prove me wrong there. I dont think he will, but sure, by all means.

The whole weight thing is a flawed argument.  Last I checked, Anthony Davis is a pretty skinny dude and he's a beast.  Not saying that Wright is a comparable talent, just saying that weight isn't the be all end all.

+1. Wright and Chandler are similar kind of players. Putting both out on the floor at the same time = deficiencies in some areas

Now put Wright and KO or Wright and Sully.  We have been asking for a guy like this to match up with the intelligent but below the rim KO/Sully

What are you missing in the fact that Wright has been in the league for 7 years and is still a bench player?

Jamal Crawford has been in the league for like 10 years and is still a bench player

Wright will surprise

« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2014, 12:18:09 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
How do you know that he was going to bail?  Just like Pierce and KG, he WANTED TO STAY.
Of course he wanted to stay. He also wanted entirely too much money.

Which is a great justification to just accept a garbage deal instead of trying to find something better, right?

Of course it is...

Given how vocal you have been this evening, I am sure you must have some inside knowledge that Danny passed up some other super-awesome deal to take this one. Since the rest of us are mere mortals and therefore have no inside knowledge of this incredible missed opportunity, please enlighten us so that we may also share in your despair.

No i don't. But it's very easy to say that there's about 2 months before the trade deadline, he could have easily worked the phones and possibly got a better offer. If not, then it's not for lack of trying. And this deal would probably still be on the table in the next week, or two, or a month.

Getting this deal, on a December, is either panicking or just basically just giving Rondo away.

Trading Rondo by the end of the day tomorrow meant that we can re-trade the guys we acquired before the trading deadline, either alone or in a package. 

It was very deliberate that we did this now, Danny just never made a peep about it until the day got close.   Remember Houston unsuccessfully tried the same thing with Asik last year.

Well, great. We traded a guy who leads the league in assists today for a bench guy, so that we can flip that bench guy again come trade deadline.

BTW, what do you think we can get for the bench guy and the late first round pick? Will it land us a four time All Star and an league leader in assists, or someone close?

KG was an all star too but he isn't now.  His past accomplishments are IRRELEVANT.  He is not the same player.  He can't shoot or play defense. Please stop talking about Rondo like he is the 2008 Rondo.  He's not.  He's not even close.

+1

Watch what happens in the next 10 games

And then watch what happens when they start playing road games and more back to backs and games against teams that have a pulse. I can't wait to see Rondo winning his second NBA championship this year.

« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2014, 12:19:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
How do you know that he was going to bail?  Just like Pierce and KG, he WANTED TO STAY.

Which is a great justification to just accept a garbage deal instead of trying to find something better, right?

Of course it is...

Given how vocal you have been this evening, I am sure you must have some inside knowledge that Danny passed up some other super-awesome deal to take this one. Since the rest of us are mere mortals and therefore have no inside knowledge of this incredible missed opportunity, please enlighten us so that we may also share in your despair.

No i don't. But it's very easy to say that there's about 2 months before the trade deadline, he could have easily worked the phones and possibly got a better offer. If not, then it's not for lack of trying. And this deal would probably still be on the table in the next week, or two, or a month.

Getting this deal, on a December, is either panicking or just basically just giving Rondo away.

Trading Rondo by the end of the day tomorrow meant that we can re-trade the guys we acquired before the trading deadline, either alone or in a package. 

It was very deliberate that we did this now, Danny just never made a peep about it until the day got close.   Remember Houston unsuccessfully tried the same thing with Asik last year.

Well, great. We traded a guy who leads the league in assists today for a bench guy, so that we can flip that bench guy again come trade deadline.

BTW, what do you think we can get for the bench guy and the late first round pick? Will it land us a four time All Star and an league leader in assists, or someone close?

KG was an all star too but he isn't now.  His past accomplishments are IRRELEVANT.  He is not the same player.  He can't shoot or play defense. Please stop talking about Rondo like he is the 2008 Rondo.  He's not.  He's not even close.

+1

And then watch what happens when they start playing road games and more back to backs and games against teams that have a pulse. I can't wait to see Rondo winning his second NBA championship this year.

I hope he does. 

« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2014, 12:19:04 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
Although Wikipedia lists him at 210 pounds -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandan_Wright

Dude is skinny.

dude he is not 210.   After 7 seasons don't you think he has been able to add some pounds/strength along the way

I'd like to see him go at it with Al Jefferson, or Al Horford, or Roy Hibbert down low, seeming as you want him to be our Center. He can prove me wrong there. I dont think he will, but sure, by all means.

The whole weight thing is a flawed argument.  Last I checked, Anthony Davis is a pretty skinny dude and he's a beast.  Not saying that Wright is a comparable talent, just saying that weight isn't the be all end all.

+1. Wright and Chandler are similar kind of players. Putting both out on the floor at the same time = deficiencies in some areas

Now put Wright and KO or Wright and Sully.  We have been asking for a guy like this to match up with the intelligent but below the rim KO/Sully

What are you missing in the fact that Wright has been in the league for 7 years and is still a bench player?

Jamal Crawford has been in the league for like 10 years and is still a bench player

Wright will surprise

The only surprise will be what team he is traded to. Journeyman center who is too small to play center.

« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2014, 12:20:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Dude is skinny.

Wright will surprise

The only surprise will be what team he is traded to. Journeyman center who is too small to play center.

like DAvis, Wright is really a pf able to play some center

« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2014, 12:20:52 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Of course it is...

+1

I hope he does.

Not me, Im rooting for the hometeam Dubs.

But I hope they go deep in the Playoffs, it will prove my point that if you surround Rondo with good players, you can go the distance.

Again, I'm being selfish, but that's me right now.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2014, 12:21:26 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Just accept that you're wrong and move on! Am I going to hear that Bleacher Report has him at 205 next?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;)

At 240 pounds he is not a presence in the paint and is a below average defender.

You have no stats or facts to support your argument. You're too funny! TP.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Really. Read the link to the article I posted that talks about him being a below average defender.

Give me the link, thanks!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/05/02/why-cant-the-mavericks-brandan-wright-get-more-playing-time/

Key graf: Perhaps it’s his penchant for making ill-timed defensive blunders? Wright grades out as a below-average defender for his position, despite his shot-blocking and mobility. Especially on a Mavs team that lacks a great deal of individual defensive talent and one that must succeed through scheme and execution, his tendencies to get lost in pick-and-roll coverage must make it difficult for Carlisle to trust him for long stretches:

« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2014, 12:24:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Of course it is...

+1

I hope he does.

But I hope they go deep in the Playoffs, it will prove my point that if you surround Rondo with good players, you can go the distance.

It is selfish and unrealistic.  How easy is it to create a team that consist of dirk, parsons, chandler, ellis

« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2014, 12:28:18 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Just accept that you're wrong and move on! Am I going to hear that Bleacher Report has him at 205 next?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;)

At 240 pounds he is not a presence in the paint and is a below average defender.

You have no stats or facts to support your argument. You're too funny! TP.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Really. Read the link to the article I posted that talks about him being a below average defender.

Give me the link, thanks!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/05/02/why-cant-the-mavericks-brandan-wright-get-more-playing-time/

Key graf: Perhaps it’s his penchant for making ill-timed defensive blunders? Wright grades out as a below-average defender for his position, despite his shot-blocking and mobility. Especially on a Mavs team that lacks a great deal of individual defensive talent and one that must succeed through scheme and execution, his tendencies to get lost in pick-and-roll coverage must make it difficult for Carlisle to trust him for long stretches:

Ugg more bad defenders...oh well.  He probably won't be here next year either way.

« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2014, 12:49:36 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Of course it is...

+1

I hope he does.

It is selfish and unrealistic.  How easy is it to create a team that consist of dirk, parsons, chandler, ellis

Let's see, Parsons and Ellis we're free agent signings (something we can do). One overpaid, one sort of underpaid. Chandler was traded for expirings and 2nd round picks (something we have).   Without Rondo they we're able to surround Dirk by trading their assets and playing the FA market right.

Are you saying we cant do the same? We have more assets than Dallas and we'd have some cap room. We land an Asik or Pekovic via trade, overpay for Jimmy Butler and you got yourself a core of...

C - Asik/Pek
F - Sullinger
F - Butler
G - Smart

Add Rondo (even on a max) to that and that's a Playoff team. And guess what, we'd still have some assets to make a little bit more tinkering.

« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2014, 01:16:37 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
awful trade... apparently the market for PGs is even worse than we thought, just too many good teams that already have the position filled. and it would seem that rondo really wants to play for a winner, can't fault him for that, but it greatly reduced the potential destinations, as teams don't want to lose him for nothing.
the ACL injury and attitude questions didn't help, either...
but on the bright side, he was probably gone in free agency anyways, so at least we got something.

« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2014, 01:29:24 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Of course it is...

+1

I hope he does.

Let's see, Parsons and Ellis we're free agent signings (something we can do). One overpaid, one sort of underpaid. Chandler was traded for expirings and 2nd round picks (something we have).   Without Rondo they we're able to surround Dirk by trading their assets and playing the FA market right.

Are you saying we cant do the same? We have more assets than Dallas and we'd have some cap room. We land an Asik or Pekovic via trade, overpay for Jimmy Butler and you got yourself a core of...

C - Asik/Pek
F - Sullinger
F - Butler
G - Smart

Add Rondo (even on a max) to that and that's a Playoff team. And guess what, we'd still have some assets to make a little bit more tinkering.

You're missing the vital piece. Dirk Nowitzki.
Who's our Dirk in your scenario above? Who's the Kevin Garnett?
Sure, Danny could construct a team to make the 2nd round and maybe make the ECF if enough injuries happen to contenders in the East- but a team like that is never going near a team like the Spurs, or Thunder or the current Mavericks.
 In what world is that Boston line up ever coming near a championship?

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2014, 01:45:52 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Of course it is...

+1

I hope he does.

C - Asik/Pek
F - Sullinger
F - Butler
G - Smart

You're missing the vital piece. Dirk Nowitzki.
Who's our Dirk in your scenario above? Who's the Kevin Garnett?
Sure, Danny could construct a team to make the 2nd round and maybe make the ECF if enough injuries happen to contenders in the East- but a team like that is never going near a team like the Spurs, or Thunder or the current Mavericks.
 In what world is that Boston line up ever coming near a championship?

Who's our Dirk? Rajon Rondo. Different players but the same impact. Rondo has shown that with better talent he can flourish. He may not shoot like Dirk, but he'll have a better defensive core to help him, and better scorers to pass the ball to.

That core is Playoff team in the East, and that proposal can happen in the same year. Dallas took two years to surround Dirk again with better supporting cast. We have more assets than Dallas, and a fairly longer window. In one year with that proposal, we can make the Playoffs. Use the assets right in the next two and we can build a team to contend.

We won't have a Dirk, but we will have enough talent.

« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2014, 01:52:33 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Of course it is...

+1

I hope he does.

C - Asik/Pek
F - Sullinger
F - Butler
G - Smart

Why add Rondo to a team with Smart? Get someone who can shoot instead.

That team you list is also inferior at every position to the current Mavs except for SF where Butler this year can compete with Parsons. In fact, at SG and PF, the drop off is dramatic.

« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2014, 02:04:16 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Brandon Wright sucks?
I can find good videos of Ryan hollins too?