Author Topic: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan  (Read 52003 times)

Re: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2014, 11:30:32 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Quote from: Yoki_IsTheName
The guy never played 20+ minutes in his career. The only thing he's filling is energy off the bench. And that costed us a great PG in the process.

Please elaborate how Rondo has been a "great" PG this year or last year. Also, what is your criteria for a player to be "great"? Is that a top 3 player at their position? Top 5? Top 10? Top 20?

Please tell me that you saw what Rondo can do in the Playoffs?

He's also leading in Assists and rebounds (for his position) this year and that's with a below average team surrounding him.

And I'll humor you, even if he wasn't as great as he was. Do you honestly think that Brandan Wright and a 2016 late first is good value for him>

It's good value if it was the only deal on the table.  Ainge had to get this done in order to be able to flip them in another deal before the trade deadline.  Rondo is not the same player.  He's still the best passing PG in the league but he can't shoot or play defense.  And considering that he was going to bail, a 1st rd pick and a trade exemption isn't a bad deal.

Bingo.

« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2014, 11:31:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
The guy never played 20+ minutes in his career. The only thing he's filling is energy off the bench. And that costed us a great PG in the process.

Please elaborate how Rondo has been a "great" PG this year or last year. Also, what is your criteria for a player to be "great"? Is that a top 3 player at their position? Top 5? Top 10? Top 20?

He's also leading in Assists and rebounds (for his position) this year and that's with a below average team surrounding him.

And I'll humor you, even if he wasn't as great as he was. Do you honestly think that Brandan Wright and a 2016 late first is good value for him>

It's good value if it was the only deal on the table.  Ainge had to get this done in order to be able to flip them in another deal before the trade deadline.  Rondo is not the same player.  He's still the best passing PG in the league but he can't shoot or play defense.  And considering that he was going to bail, a 1st rd pick and a trade exemption isn't a bad deal.

How do you know that he was going to bail?  Just like Pierce and KG, he WANTED TO STAY. 

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2014, 11:31:05 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Although Wikipedia lists him at 210 pounds -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandan_Wright

I trust ESPN more on this one

Does it matter what the correct number is?

Dude is skinny.

dude he is not 210.   After 7 seasons don't you think he has been able to add some pounds/strength along the way

I'd like to see him go at it with Al Jefferson, or Al Horford, or Roy Hibbert down low, seeming as you want him to be our Center. He can prove me wrong there. I dont think he will, but sure, by all means.

The whole weight thing is a flawed argument.  Last I checked, Anthony Davis is a pretty skinny dude and he's a beast.  Not saying that Wright is a comparable talent, just saying that weight isn't the be all end all.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2014, 11:31:38 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Although Wikipedia lists him at 210 pounds -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandan_Wright

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Just accept that you're wrong and move on! Am I going to hear that Bleacher Report has him at 205 next?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;)

At 240 pounds he is not a presence in the paint and is a below average defender.

Can you give him a chance 1st. 

I know ppl are mad rondo is gone, but does Wright really deserve the bashing??

Some of you guys need to have a beer and chill

The bashing is because he costed us Rondo. You dont seem to mind because you and a couple of other folks hate Rondo.

We do because Wright is nothing more than a bench player who gives you energy off the bench. He had SEVEN years to prove that he's more than than what he is.  He had playing time and all and still he is who he is. He had the entire 12-13 season to prove that he should starting when he started a few game, but he didnt.

He won't be anything different, and worse, he may get, well, worse.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2014, 11:33:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2014, 11:34:29 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
This is so surreal and shocking.  I wanted Rondo traded last year but I thought he really fit in well this year, and last year we mighta got something decent.  We got a back of chips and two turd sandwiches.  sad and sad to see Rondo go :'(

« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2014, 11:34:36 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

How do you know that he was going to bail?  Just like Pierce and KG, he WANTED TO STAY.

He was going to bail because there was no way in hell that Ainge was going to pay him what he wanted.  Do I know that for a fact...NO.  But I think it's foolish to think otherwise.  He was a goner.  And just like Pierce and KG, he was traded while he still had value.  Have you seen KG lately?  He is toast.  Would you rather have kept KG because he WANTED TO STAY??  It was a sad move, but it was the RIGHT move. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2014, 11:35:32 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

Yeah, giving angry people alcohol sounds like a great idea (sarcasm). ::) 

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? If Rondo getting traded makes you angry in real life I think you need to take a step back from this whole thing as there is more important things in life.

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2014, 11:35:33 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Dude is skinny.

dude he is not 210.   After 7 seasons don't you think he has been able to add some pounds/strength along the way

I'd like to see him go at it with Al Jefferson, or Al Horford, or Roy Hibbert down low, seeming as you want him to be our Center. He can prove me wrong there. I dont think he will, but sure, by all means.

The whole weight thing is a flawed argument.  Last I checked, Anthony Davis is a pretty skinny dude and he's a beast.  Not saying that Wright is a comparable talent, just saying that weight isn't the be all end all.

OKay. That's fair. Point taken.

« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2014, 11:36:15 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Of course he wanted to stay. He also wanted entirely too much money.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2014, 11:38:30 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Dude is skinny.

OKay. That's fair. Point taken.

Hey...we agreed on something tonight!!  That's progress.   ;)

« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2014, 11:38:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
^^^^^^^^
KG is also pretty skinny.

If Stevens is smart, he will work Wright into the rotation slowly and definitely not start him anytime soon.  It's not his fault but he's the face of the Rondo trade right now and the fans will be very quick to turn on him.

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2014, 11:38:50 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Of course he wanted to stay. He also wanted entirely too much money.

Which is a great justification to just accept a garbage deal instead of trying to find something better, right?

Of course it is...

« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2014, 11:42:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Just accept that you're wrong and move on! Am I going to hear that Bleacher Report has him at 205 next?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;)

At 240 pounds he is not a presence in the paint and is a below average defender.

Can you give him a chance 1st. 

I know ppl are mad rondo is gone, but does Wright really deserve the bashing??

Some of you guys need to have a beer and chill

The bashing is because he costed us Rondo. You dont seem to mind because you and a couple of other folks hate Rondo.

We do because Wright is nothing more than a bench player who gives you energy off the bench. He had SEVEN years to prove that he's more than than what he is.  He had playing time and all and still he is who he is. He had the entire 12-13 season to prove that he should starting when he started a few game, but he didnt.

He won't be anything different, and worse, he may get, well, worse.

again does he deserve the hate? Did he orchestrate this trade?

be reasonable

« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2014, 11:43:07 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Yeah, giving angry people alcohol sounds like a great idea (sarcasm). ::) 

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? If Rondo getting traded makes you angry in real life I think you need to take a step back from this whole thing as there is more important things in life.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of angry people on CB tonight who say that Danny should be fired, they will never watch another C's game, the C's will suck for the next 10 years, etc, etc, etc.  Bunch of drama queens.  But, it's not unexpected.  There are a lot of passionate fans who love Rondo and love the C's.  They have a right to be angry...it's just the level of anger that's questionable.  Life goes on.  lol