Author Topic: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan  (Read 52239 times)

Re: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2014, 10:06:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Which is not entirely surprising given that he's a guy who has no offensive game other than putbacks and dunks, and rebounds like Brandon Bass
  You never seen Bass shoot the mid range?   He is deadly from the left side of the floor.

http://www.bobcatsbaseline.com/2014/bobcats-2014-trade-deadline-scenarios-part-one/brandon-bass-sc/

I think Bass has way better range than Wright.
Highlighted (and added the Oxford comma) for clarity.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2014, 10:06:42 PM »

Offline Jayman

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Zeller Opp FG% at rim: 48.3
Wright Opp FG% at rim: 49.2

Look at the blocks before you cherry pick a stat.   1.6 BPG to .7 BPG for Zeller.  Really having him equals the blocked shots of Olynyk and Sullinger together.
I'm of the opinion that Opp FG% represents a player's ability to protect the rim better than simply blocks. Sometimes altering a shot is just as important.

« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2014, 10:07:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wright's length /above the rim factor will be a big boost for this team.  We got now someone able to dunk lobs and also block shots out of nowhere.  PRevent 3 or 4 buckets and get 2 or 3 buckets normally KO,Sully,Zeller, bass can't make/tip in

« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2014, 10:11:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sometimes altering a shot is just as important.

Blocks alter shots too, and people remember eating the ball.   Just as Bill Russell.  Both stats are valid.   But a block makes other defenders take caution too, altering one man's shot does not do that to the same degree.  A block might give a guy pause on a drive.   Guarding one's man is important too but a block kind of affects team defense in a manner and can start a fast break.  We need bigs who can do both.

« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2014, 10:12:48 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Wright is not the answer at Center. We still need a center. Good teams have several rim protectors. He will do what none of our 3 PF's can do. Block shots at the rim. He's not a savior, he is a piece to a team puzzle. We have a terrible defensive team, we give up way way too many points in the paint and at the rim. This guy can help.

Rondo will develop a love hate relationship in Dallas, they'll love the flashy passes, but wait until they see him shoot free throws at the end of an important game.

"OK Fans, 36 seconds left, tie game, Rondo at the line for two, clunk- clunk.

Soon they will realize he can't have the ball in his hand in close games at the end of the fourth quarter.

« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think Wright's play this season as a result of Dallas' system. With all their shooting he could score just by rolling to the hoop since no one could help. He will not be scoring as easily for us.

He will be able to block shots for us, but will get overpowered by stronger players. I hope we flip him for someone younger.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2014, 10:17:44 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Wright is not the answer at Center. We still need a center. Good teams have several rim protectors. He will do what none of our 3 PF's can do. Block shots at the rim. He's not a savior, he is a piece to a team puzzle. We have a terrible defensive team, we give up way way too many points in the paint and at the rim. This guy can help.

Rondo will develop a love hate relationship in Dallas, they'll love the flashy passes, but wait until they see him shoot free throws at the end of an important game.

Soon they will realize he can't have the ball in his hand in close games at the end of the fourth quarter.

Sure he can help, but if that little help is going to cost us Rondo and it's not worth it.

And since everyone is saying this with Rondo, I'll use it. What if Wright walks?

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2014, 10:23:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Sure he can help, but if that little help is going to cost us Rondo and it's not worth it.

And since everyone is saying this with Rondo, I'll use it. What if Wright walks?

Rondo haters are looking for a silver lining .   There is none other than , he isn't a a Laker ....... ::)

I suspect had LA had the assets ....Rondo would have been a Laker .

Bottom line ....DA panicked,  Stevens didn't like Rondo .....so he got rid of his problem ......I think he choose very poorly .

Hopefully it will cost Danny his job after watching three seasons of 25 win s a year. Or less.

« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2014, 10:25:30 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Rondo haters are looking for a silver lining .   There is none other than , he isn't a a Laker ....... ::)

I suspect had LA had the assets ....Rondo would have been a Laker .

Bottom line ....DA panicked,  Stevens didn't like Rondo .....so he got rid of his problem ......I think he choose very poorly .

Hopefully it will cost Danny his job after watching three seasons of 25 win s a year. Or less.

I honestly will be on board now. Im not on the Ainge sacked bandwagon, but I'd feel well knowing that he left us with a ton of picks for a new GM to play around with.

« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I really wish Brandan Wright would shoot that short jump-shot of his. He has a very nice 10-12 foot jump shot and good FT line jump shot.

Except he refuses to take that shot because it'll hurt his FG%. Drives me nuts!

« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Rondo is gone man. Why are you directing your disappointment/hate on Wright??

He hasn't even played a game yet under BS and you are calling him close to useless. 

I dislike Jameer Nelson's game very much but i'm willing to first see what he can do to help this team. Maybe somehow, he can help.

So just chill. Wright does not deserve the bashing without getting a chance

« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2014, 10:39:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

Well considering the increase in salaries due to the cap, and crazy contracts that some players have been getting it might be better if he walks.

Hopefully he plays enough (if he isn't traded) to let us see what he's got...

« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2014, 10:40:58 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Seems like a slight upgrade over Zeller but I doubt he's in a Celtics uniform next year. We'll either flip him for something or let him go in the summer like we did Humphries.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2014, 10:41:45 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Well considering the increase in salaries due to the cap, and crazy contracts that some players have been getting it might be better if he walks.

Hopefully he plays enough (if he isn't traded) to let us see what he's got...

So, if he walks then we basically traded Rondo for a late first, a second, and two years of Jameer Nelson?

If he plays well (in which even if he does, he's not going to be as much a factor as Rondo was), he's going to cost us money to retain him? I don't see the upside here...

« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2014, 10:43:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
When do you guys think we will hear a press conference relating to the trade from the Mavs and Celtics side?? I hope it will be before tomorrows game