Author Topic: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan  (Read 52004 times)

Re: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2014, 07:45:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This is just awful ...Danny you moron.

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2014, 07:46:13 PM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27
He's a no-talent hack.  In what is far and away a career season for him, he's averaging less than 20 minutes per game.  Just wait 'till he comes back down to earth and his all-important advanced stats return to his career averages!

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2014, 07:48:16 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I hope we resign him at the end of the year.
Love this trade.

NO!

He's a bench dude. You love this trade because you hate Rondo. You and triboy. Everybody who's sane thinks this is a stupid trade and a stupid return.

Wright is nothing more than an energy guy off the bench. And we two players who's practically useless and a pick which is also practically useless.

I can hardly wait to see us play.
We are going to be a better team.

How? by adding another PF in the mix. We will be the same team. But with less star power.

We are a better team without Rondo and with a rim protector.

A rim protector? A RIM PROTECTOR!? Are you serious?

You do realize that Brandan Wright plays against 2nd units right? 1.6 blocks and he's a RIM PROTECTOR?

He's thin, lanky and can't play Center. Just because he averages 1.6 blocks doesnt make him a rim protector.

do you have to be like this?? 

Go to the "fire Danny" thread and rant there. 

We needed a rim protector and Danny finally got  a guy that can provide protection.    Some of his better games in the past 2 seasons has been against the Rockets.  A team that destroyed us via Harden being scared of no one and also howard just dunking on our big guys repeatedly

Why don't you stop trying to insult our intelligence by trying to convince us that Wright is some savior rim protector?  He is a career back up energy guy, never played more than 18 mpg.  Couldn't start in front of the walking corpses that dallas shuffled in and out of their lineup the last few years.  I get it, you are excited Rondo is gone.  Excuse us if we don't want to join your crazy train thinking Wright is more than he is.

Thank you. He sure is a rim protector in Dallas last year averaging 0.9 blocks per game and Samuel Dalembert was playing ahead of him.

I wonder why he's coming of the bench last year when he's such a rim protector...?

Because as sane people like us know we just traded Rondo for nothing.... I'm still in shock

Seriously, how you can be excited about this is one reason and one reason only.

You hate Rondo and you're happy he's gone.

Exactly it's why Triboy and Chris22 are partying it up... DA basically just guaranteed that the C's are a suck-fest for the next 3 years. This is going to be "fun" to watch...

I mean, just look at this thread.

Excited about the vertical leap and wingspan. Sure, what else has Brandan Wright done that's meaningful.

None...
posted in another thread, but.... it took him a while to figure out what he can do in the NBA, but for the past few years now I like what he brings to the table. he is an athletic rangy big that can defend the rim, run the floor, work the pick and roll, and cleans up the offensive glass.

his per 36 minutes are 17 pts and 8 rebounds with 3 blocks per game. he is also leading the league in FG% shooting a super-silly 75% from the field. he also shots 75% ft.

he may not be duncan, but he aint chopped liver either. since we have no choice in the matter, let's wait and see how he plays as a celtic before passing judgement.

75% by doing dunks. Without a Dirk or Monta, do honestly think it will open up room for him to dunk?

Per 36, sure. If that's the case, then why don't Dallas play him 36 minutes then? I mean he's averaging more blocks than Chandler that way.

He's a productive bench player, but he hasnt proven ANYTHING as a starter. Worse, even if he pans out, he's going to cost MONEY to retain.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 07:48:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Love this trade.

NO!

He's a bench dude. You love this trade because you hate Rondo. You and triboy. Everybody who's sane thinks this is a stupid trade and a stupid return.

Wright is nothing more than an energy guy off the bench. And we two players who's practically useless and a pick which is also practically useless.

How? by adding another PF in the mix. We will be the same team. But with less star power.

You do realize that Brandan Wright plays against 2nd units right? 1.6 blocks and he's a RIM PROTECTOR?

He's thin, lanky and can't play Center. Just because he averages 1.6 blocks doesnt make him a rim protector.

We needed a rim protector and Danny finally got  a guy that can provide that

Danny provided energy off the bench. Wright is NOT a rim protector. Calling him a rim protector is like calling Kosta Koufos a rim protector.

I'm not going to the Fire Danny thread, I need to see how Marcus Smart turns out first. Im riled up at the fact that people (like you) are pumping up Brandan Wright as a great return when really, he isnt.

We could have traded #9 for the corpse of Walter Brown, and Rondo haters would have found a way to call it an upgrade.

just calm down and enjoy Wright's dunk on Griffin below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPCv8RkVE2Q

Sure.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy what we could have had with Rondo if Danny used our assets and surrounded him with better players than giving him away for a guy who NEVER played 20+ minutes a game in his career.

I think I'll have a much better experience thinking about it than accepting that all we get for Rajon Rondo is a bench player.

Your not being realistic. YOU ARE NOT BEING REALISTIC.  I posted before that no team is going to trade Davis, Thompson to us. We could give these teams 3 1st round picks, Sully, KO etc. They will just laugh. FA's like Durant and Aldrige are not coming here also.

So how are you going to surround Rondo with talent to mask his deficiencies??  Or become a contender?

2008 magic only happens like once in a lifetime

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 07:53:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Love this trade.

NO!

Danny provided energy off the bench. Wright is NOT a rim protector. Calling him a rim protector is like calling Kosta Koufos a rim protector.

I'm not going to the Fire Danny thread, I need to see how Marcus Smart turns out first. Im riled up at the fact that people (like you) are pumping up Brandan Wright as a great return when really, he isnt.

We could have traded #9 for the corpse of Walter Brown, and Rondo haters would have found a way to call it an upgrade.

Sure.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy what we could have had with Rondo if Danny used our assets and surrounded him with better players than giving him away for a guy who NEVER played 20+ minutes a game in his career.

I think I'll have a much better experience thinking about it than accepting that all we get for Rajon Rondo is a bench player.

Your not being realistic. YOU ARE NOT BEING REALISTIC.  I posted before that no team is going to trade Davis, Thompson to us. We could give these teams 3 1st round picks, Sully, KO etc. They will just laugh. FA's like Durant and Aldrige are not coming here also.

So how are you going to surround Rondo with talent to mask his deficiencies??  Or become a contender?

We have so many assets, we may not get AD or Klay, but we could get a combination of Monroe Taj Gibson and/or some starter quality players and they will help us to be close, if not, to contention WITH Rondo.

And you're the one who saying Brandan Wright is a rim protector when in his ENTIRE CAREER he wasn't. Who's being unrealistic here?

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 07:58:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Love this trade.

NO!

Sure.

We have so many assets, we may not get AD or Klay, but we could get a combination of Monroe Taj Gibson and/or some starter quality players and they will help us to be close, if not, to contention WITH Rondo.

And you're the one who saying Brandan Wright is a rim protector when in his ENTIRE CAREER he wasn't. Who's being unrealistic here?

can you check out his stats . He has multiple 3 shot block games this season. Almost every game he has at least 1 or 2.    He will alter your shot , which is something that doesn't come up in the stats department.   Guys like Harden can try driving in but will meet the "helicopter" now. Not sully or KO

Also getting a guy like Gibson does nothing for the Celts.   

Getting rid of KO, Sully our 1st for Gibson + pair him with Rondo to get where??  Then if Rondo walks, then what?

Think long term

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Love this trade.

NO!

Sure.

can you check out his stats . He has multiple 3 shot block games this season. Almost every game he has at least 1 or 2.    He will alter your shot , which is something that doesn't come up in the stats department.   Guys like Harden can try driving in but will meet the "helicopter" now. Not sully or KO

Getting rid of KO, Sully our 1st for Gibson + pair him with Rondo to get where??  Then if Rondo walks, then what?

Think long term

And Brandan Wright and a pick in the mid 20's will do what for us in long term? Brandan Wright plays with the second unit. If he's that good, they wouldnt need Tyson Chandler.

Also, Chris Kaman and Kosta Koufos also had multiple games with 2-3 blocks, guess they're rim protectors too. Heck, I'd take them over Wright because they have legitimate size.

Gibson could just be a start. We have tons of picks and expirings. A core of Rondo, Gibson, Monroe, Green and Smart would be a Playoff team. A few more tinker and that would contend.

What do you get for Brandan Wright and a late first pick?  Tell me?

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2014, 08:13:14 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
What's the over/under on how many games it takes for Tommy to compare him to Russell?

I found a pretty good match for Wright based on PER and WS48:

http://bkref.com/tiny/fx1yK

best lines of the night boris. you had me laughing, which is sorely needed. tp.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2014, 08:18:14 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I need a drink after this.  Anybody wants to join me?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2014, 08:19:02 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I need a drink after this.  Anybody wants to join me?

I need an Aspirin.

This really gave me a headache due to possibly high blood pressure.

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2014, 08:19:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Will Wright start at center?

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2014, 08:26:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Love this trade.

NO!

Sure.

Think long term

And Brandan Wright and a pick in the mid 20's will do what for us in long term? Brandan Wright plays with the second unit. If he's that good, they wouldnt need Tyson Chandler.

Also, Chris Kaman and Kosta Koufos also had multiple games with 2-3 blocks, guess they're rim protectors too. Heck, I'd take them over Wright because they have legitimate size.

Gibson could just be a start. We have tons of picks and expirings. A core of Rondo, Gibson, Monroe, Green and Smart would be a Playoff team. A few more tinker and that would contend.

evidently rajon rondo.

guess we finally know rondo's market value now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2014, 08:26:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Will Wright start at center?

no. He will come off the bench with KO at 1st.   The front line is like a rotating chair.  Nobody is really a starter , only the best players get to the play in the 4th

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2014, 08:27:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Love this trade.

NO!

Sure.

Think long term

evidently rajon rondo.

guess we finally know rondo's market value now.

lol

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2014, 08:31:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Actually Brandon you aren't welcome. I very much wish you were not here and I'm looking forward to you being gone.

You have to lead your position at key statistics or you are just salary cap money to me.

Don't take it personally. It's just that I am familiar with your lackluster NBA career. To be welcome here you must be a markedly different player.