Author Topic: A tale of two PG trades. Warning: this thread may be dangerous for your health  (Read 2921 times)

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Jrue Holiday -> Nerlens Noel, future 1st (Michael Carter-Williams)
Rajon Rondo -> Brandan Wright, Jameer Nelson, Jae Crowder, future 1st (likely late 1st), future 2nd

Bonus:
Rajon Rondo -x-> Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore, future picks
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:00:08 PM by rondoallaturca »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
Very, very bad

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Glad someone posted this tp!

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Rajon Rondo -> Brandan Wright, Jameer Nelson, Jae Crowder, future 1st (likely late 1st), future 2nd
If Rajon Rondo was 22 years old, healthy, coming off a season in which he averaged 18 and 8, and under contract for 4 more years for $12 million or less, he would have fetched more. Sorry to burst your bubble.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
You have the Noel part wrong.

Jru netted Nerlens Noel, Dario Saric and a future 1st.

Hilarious, right?  I brought this up a couple weeks ago and had to laugh at the reaction... "NO WAY WOULD I TRADE RONDO FOR NERLENS NOEL!!"

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
If Rajon Rondo was 22 years old, healthy, coming off a season in which he averaged 18 and 8, and was under contract for 4 more years for $12 million or less, he would have fetched more. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Serious knowledge was just dropped, folks.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
At least in retrospect few people like that New Orleans trade. This trade looks awful now but maybe it will look good in the future.  :)

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yep. Terrible, rotten, no-good trade.

Ainge got hosed, what a chump.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
At least in retrospect few people like that New Orleans trade. This trade looks awful now but maybe it will look good in the future.  :)

I wish I was this optimistic lol

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
If Rajon Rondo was 22 years old, healthy, coming off a season in which he averaged 18 and 8, and was under contract for 4 more years for $12 million or less, he would have fetched more. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Exactly. They aren't comparable. And at the moment everyone knew that was a bad trade by NO. That trade was the equivalent (in terms of lopsidedness) to the haul from The Nets for PP/KG. 

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Exactly. They aren't comparable. And at the moment everyone knew that was a bad trade by NO. That trade was the equivalent (in terms of lopsidedness) to the haul from The Nets for PP/KG.

I second all of the posts I have quoted above responding to the OP
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

+1

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

I get that Rondo's value is depressed considering he's a 3/4th-year rental. But let's not act like this wasn't a bad trade. Remember the Kings offer in the offseason?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231999/Kings-Offered-Celtics-Isaiah-Thomas-Ben-McLemore-Picks-For-Rajon-Rondo

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

I get that Rondo's value is depressed considering he's a 3/4th-year rental. But let's not act like this wasn't a bad trade. Remember the Kings offer in the offseason?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231999/Kings-Offered-Celtics-Isaiah-Thomas-Ben-McLemore-Picks-For-Rajon-Rondo

Danny accepted. Rondo wouldn't re-sign. That's Danny's fault?

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/