Author Topic: I refuse to watch another C's game this year  (Read 9865 times)

Re: I refuse to watch another C's game this year
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2014, 12:22:48 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
This trade doesn't change the fact that:

A.) KO, Smart, Young, Sully and even Green are fun to watch this year

B.) The Celtics are my team

C.) They most likely weren't making the playoffs this year, anyway

D.) Rondo probably wouldn't have signed here at the end of the season, anyway

KO has been up and down (at best), Smart has barely played due to injury, Young hasn't gotten any minutes, Sully is all over the place, and Green is playing for a new contract.  Perhaps you and I have different definitions of fun, lol. ;D  I agree with points B and C, but not D, because we'll never know, despite the fact that Rondo WANTED to stay here.  Greece666 summed up the point about players not wanting to come here, anyway, perfectly, so TP for him.

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2014, 12:27:05 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Probably longer than that.

They clearly do not deserve my attention.  Not even getting a single good draft pick for Rondo?

Ainge should be fired over this.

While I understand your sentiment and agree that Ainge should be tarred and feathered, lol ;D, I think that you should watch tomorrow's game.  Not for the players, but for the fans at the Garden, if any of them actually show up, lol. ;D  I want to see the collective reaction, and if Danny is there, he better have a security detail, because I can see people throwing all kinds of stuff on the floor, ahaha. ;D

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2014, 12:31:07 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
As an old guy that was used to titles every couple few years or so during the 70s and 80s, the only thing worse than being a Celtic fan from 1986-2008 was being Red Sox fan before 2004. iT SUCKED. Waiting for a couple decades to go by while your team sucks every year is an awful experience. The next 4-6 years are going to really drag. I really don't want to be in my 70s some 20 years or so from now finally enjoying another banner sometime before I die.
TP for the experience, my friend. I'll stock up on the essentials.  :D

I think that is probably good advice for all of us...gonna be a long haul.  :)

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2014, 01:34:25 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
who did we get for PP, KG, Terry?

but i agree, i hoped for a young player with a lot of potential, like mclemore or coussins or something

You hoped we would get Demarcus Cousins for Rajon Rondo?  You're kidding right???

Cousins is probably the best centre in the NBA right now and a legit superstar...and only about 24 years old.   Rondo is a good player, but Cousins right now is right up there with Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant and Lebron James in that group of guys who are well and truly unavailable.

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2014, 01:39:10 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I've never been much of a front runner.

I will enjoy watching Smart get extended minutes, though his offense is horrendous. Whatever. I still enjoy watching the Celtics. Actually, Rondo's shooting was one of the hardest things on the team to watch.

Maybe Rondo can return to top PG form in Dallas. Right now, he isn't even a clear top 10.

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2014, 01:45:08 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
At the very least you should watch for a month or two to see how our spacing, ball movement and efficiency are impacted by the loss of rondo.  It's going to be fascinating.   Also should watch Dallas to see how the league's highest scoring/most efficient offense reacts to the addition of Rondo.  This is going to be really interesting. For the science of the whole thing, tune in.  Long standing debates based on hypotheticals are about to be won and loss.

This move has the potential to destroy PER or act as the greatest example in NBA history of why its relevant. 

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2014, 03:46:38 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
Probably longer than that.

They clearly do not deserve my attention.  Not even getting a single good draft pick for Rondo?

Ainge should be fired over this.

While I understand your sentiment and agree that Ainge should be tarred and feathered, lol ;D, I think that you should watch tomorrow's game.  Not for the players, but for the fans at the Garden, if any of them actually show up, lol. ;D  I want to see the collective reaction, and if Danny is there, he better have a security detail, because I can see people throwing all kinds of stuff on the floor, ahaha. ;D
He better hope they don't get blown out. Heh.

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2014, 03:55:35 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
How are you upset about anything ? You have about 10 million first round picks & cap space to completely rebuild this thing into a winner.

Slow down & stay patient.

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2014, 04:05:40 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
because their beloved Rondo who played himself out of town is being traded