Author Topic: Rajon Rondo Appreciation Thread  (Read 8078 times)

Re: Rajon Rondo Appreciation Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 09:36:27 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I can only hope that the fans at the game in a couple of weeks when Dallas come to town give Rondo a standing ovation when he's announced.  he likely won't get the tribute PP and KG got but he deserves an ovation at a minimum

Seriously, you don't think he merits a video tribute?  I think they can probably cobble together a few highlight level clips. :)

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 09:51:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I can only hope that the fans at the game in a couple of weeks when Dallas come to town give Rondo a standing ovation when he's announced.  he likely won't get the tribute PP and KG got but he deserves an ovation at a minimum

Seriously, you don't think he merits a video tribute?  I think they can probably cobble together a few highlight level clips. :)
i am an advocate of the trade. but i also recognize rondo as a unique talent who helped the celtics win their championship.

i hope the celtics have the good taste and grace to provide rondo with a tribute and welcome when dallas comes to the garden.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 10:34:56 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Oh Rondo, we hardly knew ye. Even after years of being on this team, we still don't understand you very much. But you gave us some mountainous highs, and for that- THANK YOU. You were mercurial, oft-criticized, and ultra talented. Some incesssantly defended you while others did the opposite. But we can all agree you are worth much more than what we got. So thank you, Rajon Rondo: World Champion, Captain, "Playoff MVP." It sure was fun. 

PS good luck in Dallas and see you in January.

TP for starting this thread, Get Lucky.  Why it's only been viewed about 200 times as of now just shows how ridiculous people on here are, smh.  Danny Ainge is a Daft Prick. ;) ;D

Haha! Thanks. Yeah when I started this thread I was resigned to the fact that it was neither controversial nor nostalgic enough to garner much interest. I jus tthought it needed to be started. 

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 11:22:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'll miss you Rondo.  You were a key role player in our 2008 title and had some of the most amazing performances I've ever seen in your prime.  You had heart.  You were a terrific player.  Best of luck in Dallas.   Here's hoping you come back to us this summer.
This. Also one of the most skilled Celtics ever.

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I miss that dude.  Rondo was special, man.  What a player.  Thanks, Rondo.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2014, 11:49:10 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
I miss that dude.  Rondo was special, man.  What a player.  Thanks, Rondo.
Right. I agree with this. But Jahlil will take us there. Here s to 2015-2016.  ;D