Author Topic: Rajon Rondo Appreciation Thread  (Read 8075 times)

Re: Rajon Rondo Appreciation Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 08:08:05 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'll miss you Rondo.  You were a key role player in our 2008 title and had some of the most amazing performances I've ever seen in your prime.  You had heart.  You were a terrific player.  Best of luck in Dallas.   Here's hoping you come back to us this summer.

Oh no you don't.  You can't sh1t on him almost daily for at least 1-2 years, calling him an overrated role player with a bad attitude, etc., and then ask him to come back in the offseason.  That's beyond ridiculous.  Why would you want him to come back, anyway - just so that you can bash him every day?  OMG :o - I just figured it out.  Danny - is that you?

Haha, LarBrd and triboy will want Rondo back just to have someone to rip apart again.

RUN, RONDO, RUN FAST. ;D Don't come back here.

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 08:08:56 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Oh Rondo, we hardly knew ye. Even after years of being on this team, we still don't understand you very much. But you gave us some mountainous highs, and for that- THANK YOU. You were mercurial, oft-criticized, and ultra talented. Some incesssantly defended you while others did the opposite. But we can all agree you are worth much more than what we got. So thank you, Rajon Rondo: World Champion, Captain, "Playoff MVP." It sure was fun. 

PS good luck in Dallas and see you in January.

TP for starting this thread, Get Lucky.  Why it's only been viewed about 200 times as of now just shows how ridiculous people on here are, smh.  Danny Ainge is a Daft Prick. ;) ;D

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 08:09:00 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm going to miss Playoff Rajon Rondo.

He's just something else in the post season.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 08:10:26 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I like the fact that now, he can show if he can lead a team full of stars all over again. I loved this guy for a couple of years, but when they "handed him the team" back in '11 od '12, things seamed to go down hill.
best of luck rajon
on the other hand i hoped we get a young star or something. nelson is all right tho. Smart is our guy now, and i love it

I think that you're going to have to change your 34 + 9 + 5 = 18, now. :'(

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
You know, it suddenly came to me last night as to what this trade is comparable to.  This is just like when Red traded Robey for DJ.  Actually, scratch that.  Robey was a better player than the total amount of 'compensation' that we received for Rondo. :'(

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'll miss you Rondo.  You were a key role player in our 2008 title and had some of the most amazing performances I've ever seen in your prime.  You had heart.  You were a terrific player.  Best of luck in Dallas.   Here's hoping you come back to us this summer.

Oh no you don't.  You can't sh1t on him almost daily for at least 1-2 years, calling him an overrated role player with a bad attitude, etc., and then ask him to come back in the offseason.  That's beyond ridiculous.  Why would you want him to come back, anyway - just so that you can bash him every day?  OMG :o - I just figured it out.  Danny - is that you?

Haha, LarBrd and triboy will want Rondo back just to have someone to rip apart again.

RUN, RONDO, RUN FAST. ;D Don't come back here.

Part of me actually likes the fact that Rondo is now gone because of some of these.

Fans expected a ton from him and he's so under-appreciated despite being one the best PG's in the last 5 years.

I'm glad he's going somewhere where he's finally wanted. I wish him success in Dallas, and while it would be hard for me to wish him to win another ring (because Dubs), I would be very happy if he does.

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 08:18:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Maybe if he was playoff rondo in the regular season on a consistent basis, he would of not been traded

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 08:22:56 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Maybe if he was playoff rondo in the regular season on a consistent basis, he would of not been traded

Would it have mattered? Doubt it.

The statisticians on here would found a way to stat him right out of BOS regardless.

If we want to talk consistency, then let's sit the entire team down.

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 08:48:47 PM »

Offline Florida Celtic

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 4
I read Celticsblog a lot, but this is my first post.  I want to show some appreciation for Rondo the man.  I have always liked his effort and skill on the court, but my family and I had a chance to meet him the Summer before last in Louisville.  He was a class act.  He spoke with my 10 year old son and 7 year old daughter.  He answered all of there questions and treated them as if they were the only people in the world.  He was kind, laughed and asked them questions.  He did not rush the conversation and stayed until they were finished talking.  That may not mean a lot to some people, but it meant the world to my wife, our kids and me.  We will always be fans of Rondo and are sorry to see him go.

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 09:05:52 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44

Rondo is the only  player who gets praised for choosing which games he puts effort into.

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 09:13:44 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Maybe if Danny Ainge wasnt disingenuous about "building around Rondo" and actually surrounded him with better talent he would have shown a much better game that he did and he'd still be here.

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 09:13:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
One of the Bravest and tuffest small men ever .   I'll never forget the unbelievable beating he took from the likes of D Wade .....

The injuries and his willingness to play though pain to help his team .

This commitment to his team early on was one of the most inspiring sports moments ever.

Frankly , I think he was vastly under paid and unappreciated by many ...including the Celtics owners and GM .  ...they suck

Danny is way too cold for me to like him as a person .  ..Jerk off is a good description.

I think Rondo is people person.

Wish him much success

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Rondo playing with that dislocated elbow was one of the toughest things I've seen from a player, ever.

Amen TP

This was one of my favorite Rondo plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvcbMNJQVbI

Almost up there with Cowens dive for the ball.

We were up and he did not need to do it, but he did.

Farewell, Captain!

TP for posting that.  That was probably my fav Rondo play ever.  Relentless and just celtic heart.

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 09:18:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Rondo playing with that dislocated elbow was one of the toughest things I've seen from a player, ever.

Amen TP

This was one of my favorite Rondo plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvcbMNJQVbI

Almost up there with Cowens dive for the ball.

We were up and he did not need to do it, but he did.

Farewell, Captain!

TP for posting that.  That was probably my fav Rondo play ever.  Relentless and just celtic heart.

Yup , that's the one I'm talking about too.....it's hard to find more heart at any moment in any sport as that Rondo spirit in that game. 

He owes the Celtics nothing .

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 09:32:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I can only hope that the fans at the game in a couple of weeks when Dallas come to town give Rondo a standing ovation when he's announced.  he likely won't get the tribute PP and KG got but he deserves an ovation at a minimum