Author Topic: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd  (Read 50099 times)

Re: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2014, 02:02:55 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Mark Cuban pulled off an Auerbachian move with this trade........oh wait...how'd he do that?

I thought that stuff only happened in BOS :o

« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2014, 02:30:20 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2014, 06:58:16 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Mark Cuban pulled off an Auerbachian move with this trade........oh wait...how'd he do that?

The question you need to ask yourself is, was Rajon going to resign with Boston?  My personal belief is, that he was not. 

If you are on the same thought path as I am, then getting a valuable big in Wright, plus a first for Rajon was a decent return at this stage.  Rajon is saying he'll sign with Dallas, but I believe he's going elsewhere still in the off season.

We have a tremendous amount of assets in both draft picks, cap space, and young players to allow Danny all sorts of flexibility. 

We should identify the untouchables and move on from there.  IMO, there's Two, Smart and Sully.  Everyone else could be dealt to bring back the pieces needed to get us back to the top.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2014, 07:12:27 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

The question you need to ask yourself is, was Rajon going to resign with Boston?  My personal belief is, that he was not. 

If you are on the same thought path as I am, then getting a valuable big in Wright, plus a first for Rajon was a decent return at this stage.  Rajon is saying he'll sign with Dallas, but I believe he's going elsewhere still in the off season.

We have a tremendous amount of assets in both draft picks, cap space, and young players to allow Danny all sorts of flexibility. 

We should identify the untouchables and move on from there.  IMO, there's Two, Smart and Sully.  Everyone else could be dealt to bring back the pieces needed to get us back to the top.

While I see your point of view, I just firmly believe that, in spite of what we are hearing in the media - Rajon would've stayed in BOS. He would've perhaps even taken a paycut - "IF" he thought that Danny was going to get the pieces around him to succeed, or even try.

I just know that, to be a CELTIC - it would've been HUGE for Rondo to win as the Big Cheese, with the pieces around him - in BOSTON.

At this point I am a bit fearful that other teams will look at BOS as a Fire Sale - let's rake them for what we can. I'm just not too sure of what we are going to get back for the pieces on our team, now.

Don't get me wrong - I am one of the most optimistic posters on here, but this stuff here is just a shocker.

In BOS - we are patient...we wait...we don't do what they are doing in PHI.

BOS doesn't get into the Tank Business.

« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2014, 07:13:59 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
With Perk coming out and saying that Rondo wanted out I wonder if the Rondo lovers will apologize to Jackie Mac because she was pretty much spot on back in August.

« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2014, 07:30:30 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
With Perk coming out and saying that Rondo wanted out I wonder if the Rondo lovers will apologize to Jackie Mac because she was pretty much spot on back in August.

But PP34 wanted out, too - in 06-07 - if BOS didn't acquire the pieces for him to stay. So.....

Jackie Mac is a talented writer and I like most of her stuff and enjoy her commentary on ESPN. Mind you - I am not a journalist and know nothing about the ins and outs of it, but in THIS case I just wonder if there could've been more discretion?

Even "IF" she knew something (which she apparently did) - why give outsiders the ammo they need to try to pry Rondo away from us? All the chatter does in the end is degrade Rondo's worth (which apparently had some say in the low returns for him).

Just wish it could've been handled differently. But with Rondo, there is a thin line between love and hate. And that line was, unfortunately for him - blurred most of the time.

I wish him well in DAL. I wouldn't mind seeing DAL in the Finals again. This will do SO MUCH for Rondo's legacy AND Dirk's.

« Reply #262 on: December 20, 2014, 07:30:53 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I will never apologize to writers that don't name sources