Author Topic: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd  (Read 49984 times)

Re: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2014, 08:59:32 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Worst trade Ainge has ever made.

Yeah, not a good one. Garbage players and a garbage pick.

This is simply a difficult thing to understand.  Rajon Rondo is capable in the playoffs of being the BEST player on the floor against anyone, on any given night.

Have to think that DA has a deal he is going to make this week, that flips the assets.
That perhaps some of the other teams wouldn't cooperate.

Rondo to LA for this years 1st Round pick and a filler would have been better than this deal.

Joe Johnson,
Lance Stevenson
Brook Lopez
Deron Williams
Josh Smith

all look better to me than Brandon Wright.  Sigh.

Next thing you know we'll trade Antoine Walker to Dallas for Raef LaFrentz and a 69 million dollar contract.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2014, 09:01:38 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Another catastrophic trade by DA

Traded Rondo( great point guard) for Mavs junk. ::)..Same like PP and KG trade for Nets junk...He is the worst actual manager in NBA community

We got a whole more than Junk for PP and KG. PP still can play but nowhere near allstar, and KG.. well KGs bad right now.

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2014, 09:02:19 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Well..no offense to anyone but i just wants to say this
I TOLD YOU SO
1st and 2nd+average C + PG sounds just right for what Rondo is worth now

Rondo annoys me with his play style but there is nothing personal, so I am happy for Rondo that he goes to a better team to contend now

I am just good in observation into things like this, haha
the point is to be objective and accept the truth

« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2014, 09:05:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Brandon Wright is a young, up and coming very good player. He's excellent around the rim, and a high-flying dunker. I would not close the door on what this kid can do. He will be the closest thing to a center you can get at the time.
27 is not young. Not even by NBA big man standards.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2014, 09:06:26 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Reports said from wojo earlier that fakers and knicks refused to be part of 3 team trade that didnt land rondo.

Does that mean we try to flip wright or nelson?

And does that mean were going to trade wright before deadline?

My guess is that the main goal was to work out a 2-for-1 deal so that Ainge didn't have to waive Fav to clear a roster spot to make the trade legal.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2014, 09:06:36 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I still don't know what exactly forced his hand into taking a deal like this?

Ainge took this deal because it gives him a huge trade exception and another 1st round pick.  He took this deal because it was to a team and situation Rondo would be willing to accept.  He took this deal because winning 35 games and making the playoffs is the worst of all possible worlds.  He took this deal because Ainge has already decided he's not giving Rondo the money Rondo wants in his next contract.

And he took the deal now because better deals are not likely and to give his very high paid coach as much time as possible to do something with a Rondo-less roster.

Mike

« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2014, 09:09:29 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I thought my eyes and ears were lying to me last night bc I didn't want to believe it. I knew without a doubt after RR's post game with reporters he was gone (didn't know for this trade ugh). This was the FIRST time all season when he was asked about wanting to stay and anything else about it, they had to literally pull his answer out of him. He eventually said what he has been saying but it never seemed believable. You could tell something was up and now we have the answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aZwN2WndQ
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2014, 09:11:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He took this deal because winning 35 games and making the playoffs is the worst of all possible worlds.
We can still win 35 games. Don't think for a second that the trade made us THAT much worse.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2014, 09:14:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12049188/nba-boston-celtics-get-better-rajon-rondo-dallas-mavericks-deal

anyone have insider. Just want to see what grade this guy gave the Celts.   

« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2014, 09:16:12 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He took this deal because winning 35 games and making the playoffs is the worst of all possible worlds.
We can still win 35 games. Don't think for a second that the trade made us THAT much worse.

The entire reason he's traded Rondo away is to improve our draft position.
We aren't coming close to 30 games because if Rondo's gone then we are dumping Jeff Green and Bass ASAP too. They'll be had for scraps and we'll develop the young guys and hopefully bink Okafur.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2014, 09:16:51 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Brandon Wright is a young, up and coming very good player. He's excellent around the rim, and a high-flying dunker. I would not close the door on what this kid can do. He will be the closest thing to a center you can get at the time.
27 is not young. Not even by NBA big man standards.

Not to mention we traded for a 6'9 center... this makes zero sense.  The Mavs 1st and 2nd round picks will be late picks as well.  The only useful piece who can play is PG Jameer Nelson and he is on the wrong side of 30 and should take a backseat to Smart.

« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2014, 09:17:38 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Oh hell, I forgot one important detail of this trade.

I HATE JAMEER NELSON!!!!!! This is the very first time I have to deal with my Celts fandom when cheering for someone I really and truly don't like.

This is about to be hard. I pray that I make it.

Celtics fan and it trumps all feelings towards people (Jameer)!

I bet I will be singing his praises if he stays, soon enough lol... I still wont like him but I gotta cheer for any Celtics.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA  12m12 minutes ago
Sources: Protections on the 2015 first-round pick Dallas sent Boston: Protected 1-3 and 15-30 in 2015; 2016-2020 protected to No. 7.

Okay, I've slightly re-evaluated this trade now. What we actually got is a 2016 pick which has a fari chance at being lottery.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2014, 09:19:28 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Oh hell, I forgot one important detail of this trade.

I HATE JAMEER NELSON!!!!!! This is the very first time I have to deal with my Celts fandom when cheering for someone I really and truly don't like.

This is about to be hard. I pray that I make it.

Celtics fan and it trumps all feelings towards people (Jameer)!

I bet I will be singing his praises if he stays, soon enough lol... I still wont like him but I gotta cheer for any Celtics.
I hate Jameer too. He and Pressey will be microscopic PGs for this team.

« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2014, 09:19:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA  12m12 minutes ago
Sources: Protections on the 2015 first-round pick Dallas sent Boston: Protected 1-3 and 15-30 in 2015; 2016-2020 protected to No. 7.

Okay, I've slightly re-evaluated this trade now. What we actually got is a 2016 pick which has a fari chance at being lottery.

yeah basically.  Dirk could retire after this season