Author Topic: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd  (Read 50098 times)

Re: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2014, 08:15:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2014, 08:17:14 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
I guess in theory we could immediately absorb Lance with this TPE. Don't know if that makes me happy or not.

Woah, wasn't even thinking about that. Though I'm sure Charlotte wants Green or Bass at the very least.

I would imagine that, if Charlotte would have agreed to Green for Stephenson, that deal would have been done immediately, to make sure it was completed before Charlotte's brain trust sobered up.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2014, 08:17:41 PM »

Offline ViolentGhandi

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
I'm really sad to see Rondo leave but it was to be expected. Still I don't have to like it. The return of the the trade doesnt really help us, but sure is better than nothing. I for my part would have rather seen Rondo in green for the reminder of the season and seen him go without anything in return.

His absense hurts every single players production. I fear to see the C's struggle to find open shots. We lost a lot of games this year but it was still fun to watch most of the time. Now it will be like at the begin of last season - ugly ball. And tons of guys will start to complain about how bad Green, Suli, Bradley are (if they didnt allready prior to the trade) not recognizing how much they took profit from Rondos passing. Once Smart is healthy again he will proof that he can not instantly fill that gap Rondo left unlike so many people expect him to (he is not the Messias some see in him). He might shoot better than Rondo but his passing is much worse still and on this bad team where everyone can shoot a little if he is feed at the right spot the passing of Rondo will allways outweight the shooting of Smart. 

Anyways I wish Rondo, Dirk and Dallas luck - hopefully they can go deep and maybe win it all this year. Sure will start to watch a lot of Dallas games from now on to see how Rondo does in Dallas.

« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2014, 08:28:08 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Got home to watch Duke, was immediately horrified. I can't believe it.

Now I'm going to feel some type of way when I watch one of my favorite shows Shark Tank. Cuban built a great team to win now. Wow. How many teams have that much talent in every starter? Not even Mia had what Dallas has. Every starting position can carry them on any night... Chandler not through scoring but he could shut the paint down on a given night. Wow.

I'm in shock and hurt. Dang this trade seems like garbage, I can give DA the benefit of doubt but this is pushing it. We will see.

I'm stunned....
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2014, 08:30:05 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Do you think Ainge mistaking Jae crawder to Kenneth faired?

« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2014, 08:38:16 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Reports said from wojo earlier that fakers and knicks refused to be part of 3 team trade that didnt land rondo.

Does that mean we try to flip wright or nelson?

And does that mean were going to trade wright before deadline?

« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2014, 08:38:44 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I predict it now .....just wait and see.

DA  has built the gallows and tied the noose  around his neck with this awful deal.  He dumped the most popular player for peanuts and set the rebuild back by 20 year.  DA won't live that long....to see another celtics team competing for a title.   .....what a moron.

Celtic nation will be calling for Wyc to fire Danny sooner than latter.

Celtics won't be right until 2023 .

If he set the rebuild back by 20 years, that would be 2034.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2014, 08:41:50 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I'm retiring my jersey. Thanks for the memories, Rajon.

(BTW, I got that jersey custom made in the Philippines, costed me only $10 bucks. Sweet, no?)
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2014, 08:45:14 PM »

Offline ViolentGhandi

• Brad Stevens
wold be nice if it was 2003 again (or even 1993 - yeah 93 would be perfect) - I would try to make some things better in my live this time around :D

« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2014, 08:46:15 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Got home to watch Duke, was immediately horrified. I can't believe it.

Now I'm going to feel some type of way when I watch one of my favorite shows Shark Tank. Cuban built a great team to win now. Wow. How many teams have that much talent in every starter? Not even Mia had what Dallas has. Every starting position can carry them on any night... Chandler not through scoring but he could shut the paint down on a given night. Wow.

I'm in shock and hurt. Dang this trade seems like garbage, I can give DA the benefit of doubt but this is pushing it. We will see.

I'm stunned....

Exactly.  It really feels like garbage. I feel DA has done a pretty good job for us overall.  He got a home run for KG and PP, but this one seems terrible.  I still don't know what exactly forced his hand into taking a deal like this?

« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2014, 08:47:14 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I don't post here much anymore but I still keep up with tha C's and I still lurk here from time to time. I don't even know it's still considered lurking being a member of tha CB community but because I am apart of tha CB I feel I have to post here today.

I'm still having a hard time trying to stomach this trade. It's like Ainge crushed my soul today. My favorite point guard in tha game has been traded by my favorite team. I wanted to see Rondo in Green forever. My girl thinks I love tha Celtics more than her because of how upset I am about this trade. She got hooked to tha Celtics because of me but I don't think she'll ever feel or understand tha way I feel about this team. Maybe some of tha fellas here can relate.

But as far as this trade, again my soul is crushed. Feel how you want about Rondo but that was my guy. I love Rondo. I love his game and I can't believe he's gone. I mean at some point I'll get over this but tha fact that he's gone on top of tha return for him is just awful. Did Rondo's value really drop this bad? Could DA not have gotten a slightly better return for Rondo? I would've rather Danny giving Rondo tha luxury to finish out tha season and becoming a free agent with tha potential of him not returning than trading him for Wright, Crowder, and Jameer Nelson (in my Stephen A. Smith voice).

I guess I trust that Danny knows what he's doing but I'm blinded to that fact right now. I'm highly upset about this trade and highly upset with DA for doing this deal. Isn't Ainge normally tha guy robbing other teams? Now tha robber has been robbed. This squad is in full tank mode now and I don't condone tanking. It's gonna be tough for me to stomach watching some games but I'm not giving out on tha team just because an unpopular decision was made. I've invested alot into this team, I'm a die hard fan, I understand Celtic Pride. I'm just not a fan of this trade. We have officially entered a new era. Rebuilding is definitely a process and I suspect this team will be bad for a while. I just hope Danny gets a top pick in this upcoming draft and makes it splash. I want to see this back in contention for banner 18 and many more.

I'm glad Rondo won't spend part of tha rest of his career during a rebuild. I'm glad he's gonna contend for a title. And I'll definitely watch tha Mavs, It's just a tough pill to swallow. It was tough for me to post this but I hope Danny knows what he's doing with this move.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:58:40 PM by NocturnalRebel »
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2014, 08:47:18 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Let's not forget that this deal is supposedly giving us a sizable TPE and we're said to be looking to flip Wright before the deadline. The end result of this deal could be much better than it currently appears.

Who cares?  We got a 'sizeably tpe,' for Pierce, too, and Danny never even used it.  There's no two ways around it - this deal SUCKS.

^ What he said...   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

We got Zeller, Thornton and a 1st for the Pierce TPE.
thank you boris, you beat me to it. today is an emotional day here. i am not sure what most people will post about now that we cant argue over whether to trade rondo.  :D
oh well, back to AB sucks then.lol

danny doing Rondo a solid here, hate to see him waste his talent on a rebuild team. hope him and dirk get one more ring.

« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Let's not forget that this deal is supposedly giving us a sizable TPE and we're said to be looking to flip Wright before the deadline. The end result of this deal could be much better than it currently appears.

Who cares?  We got a 'sizeably tpe,' for Pierce, too, and Danny never even used it.  There's no two ways around it - this deal SUCKS.

^ What he said...   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

We got Zeller, Thornton and a 1st for the Pierce TPE.
thank you boris, you beat me to it. today is an emotional day here. i am not sure what most people will post about now that we cant argue over whether to trade rondo.  :D
oh well, back to AB sucks then.lol

danny doing Rondo a solid here, hate to see him waste his talent on a rebuild team. hope him and dirk get one more ring.

I dont mind doing Rondo a solid, but not at the expense of us taking garbage.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2014, 08:49:59 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Another catastrophic trade by DA

Traded Rondo( great point guard) for Mavs junk. ::)..Same like PP and KG trade for Nets junk...He is the worst actual manager in NBA community

« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2014, 08:55:36 PM »

Offline ViolentGhandi

• Brad Stevens
Celtics homepage has yet to catch up with reality headlines:

"C's Discover Secret Weapon in Rondo-Pressey Duo" dated Dec 18th

it makes you feel like you have been lied to -- we germans never traded our V2 away or did we?- thats just not right. If I post only meaningless bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. on my channels I hope my friends throw me out.