Author Topic: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd  (Read 49988 times)

Re: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 06:38:06 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I assume we'll cut Pressey, too.

Anyway, someone should probably call BBallTim and Celtics18. Gotta keep them away from high windows for the evening.

Well, it's a packaged deal. Those two were dealt with Rondo tonight.

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 06:40:15 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Thank you, Jesus.

Our defense just got a whole lot better.

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 06:42:01 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Anyway, someone should probably call BBallTim and Celtics18. Gotta keep them away from high windows for the evening.

See, now I have to ask, what's the point of the pettiness? They're both Celtics fans who are going to still be Celtics fans -- what's the problem with advocating for players they like?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

I am so sicked to my stomach. But this pic made me laugh little

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 06:43:28 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I wonder what Brandan Wright will cost to re-sign if he plays well?  Finding these late bloomer guys on reasonable deals can be a huge advantage to eventual good teams.

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 06:45:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

See, now I have to ask, what's the point of the pettiness? They're both Celtics fans who are going to still be Celtics fans -- what's the problem with advocating for players they like?
I will miss Rondo, but I will not miss debating with BBallTim and Celtics18 about whether or not Rondo is overrated and lacking in trade value.  I respect those guys though... they stand by what they have faith in.  They bring up good points.   I'm going to wait and see where they land on the Brandan Wright hype train so that I can take the opposite point of view and have some old school bickering... for old time sake. 

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 06:48:13 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Terrible return on Rondo.  No way around it.  Ainge rolled the dice that he could rebuild around Rondo and lost big.

It will be interesting to see how the team plays without Rondo dominating the ball.

Mike

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 06:49:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Terrible return on Rondo.  No way around it.  Ainge rolled the dice that he could rebuild around Rondo and lost big.

It will be interesting to see how the team plays without Rondo dominating the ball.

Mike

I think now, the gamble is betting on Smart to pan out. Now that Rondo is gone, does this mean the Celtics will have a fire sale of our quality players?

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 06:50:00 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I will miss Rondo, but I will not miss debating with BBallTim and Celtics18 about whether or not Rondo is overrated and lacking in trade value.  I respect those guys though... they stand by what they have faith in.  They bring up good points.   I'm going to wait and see where they land on the Brandan Wright hype train so that I can take the opposite point of view and have some old school bickering... for old time sake.

Yeah. That's true. We should come up with something else, soon.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 06:50:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Mike
Losing ROndo will have little impact on our win/loss net result.  But we still have a lot of work to do to clean up this roster.  Ainge collected a bunch of mis-matched assets with the hopes of pulling a 2007 and flipping them for stars to put around Rondo.  Now that it failed and we've dumped Rondo for a late 1st, we're still stuck with mis-matched assets. 

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 06:54:02 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Good luck for Rondo and also for Powell/Pressey, it's sad to see the face of the Franchise go, but here's hoping Dallas will return us this favor in some years.

The bright side is Turner/Smart will get all the PG minutes and Thornton/Bass will probably be traded, too, opening minutes for Young at the SG behind Bradley.

Turner/Smart
Bradley/Young
Green/Wallace
Sully/Wright/Crowder
Zeller/KO/Fav

plus whoever is coming in return for Bass/Nelson/Thornton, probably expirings/bad contracts plus picks.

Go Celtics, and good luck to every former Celtic not named Mark Blount. Always.

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 06:56:56 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Ainge has decided to blow this thang' up.

He couldn't get a transcendent player to pair with Rondo, and he was either unsure of Rondo's true intentions to re-sign, or he was unwilling to pay Rondo the maximum contract that Rondo had talked about.

The good news is that this will make us a much worse team- particularly for the next 20 games, and we are basically guaranteed a top 5 pick once Green and Bass are gone too.

Time to clear house baby and build a contender from the ground up with Brad Stevens and Marcus Smart.

The saddest part is we basically got a first round pick and a second round pick with Jae Crowder.
Wright is expiring and Nelson is cooked.

It's just brutal that Rondo's value had dropped so low.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 06:59:24 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Mike
Losing ROndo will have little impact on our win/loss net result.  But we still have a lot of work to do to clean up this roster.  Ainge collected a bunch of mis-matched assets with the hopes of pulling a 2007 and flipping them for stars to put around Rondo.  Now that it failed and we've dumped Rondo for a late 1st, we're still stuck with mis-matched assets.
Yep. If Smart stays healthy we'll probably win right around as much as we were with Rondo. Time to sell Green, too.

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Anyone know if C's also gave up their TEs. This would an absolute rip off if they did.

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Jeff Goodman        ? @GoodmanESPN
Follow
Another NBA exec on Rondo trade: "Hell of a discount for Dallas. Like finding a mint painting at a yard sale