Author Topic: Clippers pelicans and grizzlies like green  (Read 7545 times)

Re: Clippers pelicans and grizzlies like green
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 05:28:40 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I would think Charlotte would be interested in him, too. He's a good fit there, and they have plenty of assets to trade.

Maybe they think their season is already lost?

Doubtful in the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty East.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 05:29:01 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
These trade talks seem like jokes to me.

None of the contenders have the trade chips we want. What do the Clippers, Grizz have? Zero. Houston and Dallas? Zero.

The Pelicans have some young assets and some terrible contracts, but not that much either.

I see how our two best players fit great on already strong teams. Great. Making a deal viable is another story entirely. Don't like any of it.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 09:59:47 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

None of the contenders have the trade chips we want. What do the Clippers, Grizz have? Zero. Houston and Dallas? Zero.

The Pelicans have some young assets and some terrible contracts, but not that much either.

I see how our two best players fit great on already strong teams. Great. Making a deal viable is another story entirely. Don't like any of it.

Ainge said today about the order he places value in:

1. Stars
2. Picks
3. Solid players

None will give #1 for Green, but all of these teams have #2 to offer. The question isn't whether Ainge will accept a trade for a pick, but rather if those teams would offer the pick in the first place?

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 10:07:38 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Obviously other pieces would have to be involved, but Holiday and a first from NOP or DeAndre Jordan from LAC and I would step back from the cliff. While I understand that neither of these are all that plausible, they are the value of what I thought we might get in a Rondo deal.

Also, if we could somehow flip Wright for another first in 60 days, that would make the Rondo trade a little more plausible.

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 10:10:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The Clippers have literally nothing to offer for Green unless they go crazy and trade Jordan... which they won't.
mavs had literally nothing to offer for rondo but they still managed to land him for a top 7 protected 2016 draft pick

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 10:15:56 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Can someone be interested in Gerald Wallace instead?
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 10:19:42 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Jeff Green would be an awesome fit on all 3 of those teams.

LA Clippers desperately need more size and athleticism on the wing. Jeff would slot in nicely as 4th best player behind CP3, B.Griffin and D.Jordan. Give them a strong core to work with for next 5+ years.

New Orleans have so much quality with their bigs (A.Davis, Asik, R.Anderson) and in the backcourt (J.Holiday, T.Evans). If they could find a strong starting SF to finish that off, they'd have one of the best starting lineups and sixth men in the league.

Memphis has been incredible this year. I thought they would need to add an above average starting SG or SF to truly turn themselves into a title contender ... but I might have been wrong about that with Marc Gasol taking his game to another level this season. Still, if they could get that player, and Jeff Green is that player, it would a big boost for them.

All three teams have picks promised to other teams.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 10:20:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I would take Koufos and a pick for Green. Not sure if the Clippers could muster anything of interest though. The Pelicans have stuff, depends on if we like Eric Gordon enough.

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 10:20:29 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Ainge said today about the order he places value in:

1. Stars
2. Picks
3. Solid players

None will give #1 for Green, but all of these teams have #2 to offer. The question isn't whether Ainge will accept a trade for a pick, but rather if those teams would offer the pick in the first place?

Pelicans are dumb enough to give us a future 1st for Green.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 10:22:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I would give the Clippers pick along with Green to the Bobcats if we could get Vonleh.

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Jeff Green would be an awesome fit on all 3 of those teams.

LA Clippers desperately need more size and athleticism on the wing. Jeff would slot in nicely as 4th best player behind CP3, B.Griffin and D.Jordan. Give them a strong core to work with for next 5+ years.

New Orleans have so much quality with their bigs (A.Davis, Asik, R.Anderson) and in the backcourt (J.Holiday, T.Evans). If they could find a strong starting SF to finish that off, they'd have one of the best starting lineups and sixth men in the league.

Memphis has been incredible this year. I thought they would need to add an above average starting SG or SF to truly turn themselves into a title contender ... but I might have been wrong about that with Marc Gasol taking his game to another level this season. Still, if they could get that player, and Jeff Green is that player, it would a big boost for them.

All three teams have picks promised to other teams.

I'd take Tayshaun Prince and Jordan Adams from the Grizzlies in return for Green.

I like Adams. Good looking prospect.
Jordan Adams would be as good as we could hope for with a late first round pick anyway.

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 10:28:56 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I would give the Clippers pick along with Green to the Bobcats if we could get Vonleh.

why doesn't danny start trying to throw some of these picks for young players?   god knows it's better than him drafting more stiffs.

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 10:29:17 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Pretty interesting. SB Nation Thunder blog discusses bringing back Green, and they propose giving up a lot for him.

http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2014/12/18/7414563/trade-rumors-discussing-jeff-green-lance-stephenson

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 10:30:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It doesn't matter if Clippers and Grizzlies are interested. They have absolutely nothing that would interest the Celts back. Unless they are willing to trade their 2016 and 2018 1sts

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 11:21:18 PM »

Offline Jayman

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Boston give: Jeff Green
Memphis give: Tayshaun Prince + Jordan Adams

Works on the trade machine. Would be stoked with this return.