Author Topic: Clippers pelicans and grizzlies like green  (Read 7546 times)

Clippers pelicans and grizzlies like green
« on: December 18, 2014, 05:05:10 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Clippers, Pelicans, and Grizzlies are reportedly interested in landing Jeff Green, but the Celtics so far have not liked their offers.

Jeff zillgitt

Re: Clippers pelicans and grizzlies like green
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The Clippers, Pelicans, and Grizzlies are reportedly interested in landing Jeff Green, but the Celtics so far have not liked their offers.

Jeff zillgit
Jeff who?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 05:07:04 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I'm of the mindset that a pick in the twenties is not enough for Green. I'd reject an offer like that on principle. I'd reject an offer like that out of pure spite.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Jeff zillgit
Jeff who?

USA today basketball writer.  Not the best in the business, but he has some credibility.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Jeff zillgit
Jeff who?

USA today basketball writer.  Not the best in the business, but he has some credibility.

If Rondo goes, it only makes sense to deal Green what with the lame duck contract situation.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 05:10:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Not sure what "credibility" you have when you don't even know the names of NBA teams...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 05:13:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Not sure what "credibility" you have when you don't even know the names of NBA teams...

Maybe I'm tired, but which of Clippers, Pelicans, and Grizzlies is not an NBA team name?

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 05:14:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Jeff Green would be an awesome fit on all 3 of those teams.

LA Clippers desperately need more size and athleticism on the wing. Jeff would slot in nicely as 4th best player behind CP3, B.Griffin and D.Jordan. Give them a strong core to work with for next 5+ years.

New Orleans have so much quality with their bigs (A.Davis, Asik, R.Anderson) and in the backcourt (J.Holiday, T.Evans). If they could find a strong starting SF to finish that off, they'd have one of the best starting lineups and sixth men in the league.

Memphis has been incredible this year. I thought they would need to add an above average starting SG or SF to truly turn themselves into a title contender ... but I might have been wrong about that with Marc Gasol taking his game to another level this season. Still, if they could get that player, and Jeff Green is that player, it would a big boost for them.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 05:15:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Maybe I'm tired, but which of Clippers, Pelicans, and Grizzlies is not an NBA team name?
I must be tired. I had a Pelican confusion :)

It's been a long day in the office.

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
The Clippers have literally nothing to offer for Green unless they go crazy and trade Jordan... which they won't.

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 05:22:51 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

LA Clippers desperately need more size and athleticism on the wing. Jeff would slot in nicely as 4th best player behind CP3, B.Griffin and D.Jordan. Give them a strong core to work with for next 5+ years.

New Orleans have so much quality with their bigs (A.Davis, Asik, R.Anderson) and in the backcourt (J.Holiday, T.Evans). If they could find a strong starting SF to finish that off, they'd have one of the best starting lineups and sixth men in the league.

Memphis has been incredible this year. I thought they would need to add an above average starting SG or SF to truly turn themselves into a title contender ... but I might have been wrong about that with Marc Gasol taking his game to another level this season. Still, if they could get that player, and Jeff Green is that player, it would a big boost for them.

I know that I'm beating a dead horse on this one, but if they got Green, they're at least in the finals, imo, especially with Carter off the bench, and Jeff would absolutely thrive on that squad as a 3rd/4th option.  So, Green for Tayshaun Prince (as an expiring contract) - where do I sign, lol? ;D

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 05:23:51 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

but none of those teams have any assets.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 05:26:56 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

I know that I'm beating a dead horse on this one, but if they got Green, they're at least in the finals, imo, especially with Carter off the bench, and Jeff would absolutely thrive on that squad as a 3rd/4th option.  So, Green for Tayshaun Prince (as an expiring contract) - where do I sign, lol? ;D

If we trade Rondo to Dallas and Green to either LAC or MEM we will have single handedly shaped the Western Conference Finals, lol. Man, those are some good teams.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

but none of those teams have any assets.

mmmhmmm, it's the same as the Rondo trade proposals lol

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 05:27:34 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I would think Charlotte would be interested in him, too. He's a good fit there, and they have plenty of assets to trade.