Author Topic: Can Ainge make a non-Rondo trade with Dallas or Houston?  (Read 1315 times)

Can Ainge make a non-Rondo trade with Dallas or Houston?
« on: December 18, 2014, 04:01:33 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If someone had told you in July that the Celtics were going to make a deal with Detroit at some point in the off-season, would you have guessed the trade would be Joel Anthony for Will Bynum? 

Even if there are serious discussions between the Celtics and Mavericks, that doesn't mean a deal would be made.  Maybe Ainge is targeting Brandan Wright and trying to talk about giving up less than Rondo.  A lot of posters would be happy if Ainge flipped Brandon Bass into Houston's trade exception for a second-round pick.  Is there any way that Bass for Wright makes sense for the Mavs?

I mentioned this in another thread, but what if there is a three-way deal such as Lance Stephenson, Jeff Taylor, and Dwight Powell to Dallas, Brandan Wright and Jae Crowder to Boston, and Brandon Bass and the injured Raymond Felton to Charlotte.

The only people who would be disappointed are the people who want to trade Rondo for the sake of trading Rondo, right?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Re: Can Ainge make a non-Rondo trade with Dallas or Houston?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:03:39 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
If someone had told you in July that the Celtics were going to make a deal with Detroit at some point in the off-season, would you have guessed the trade would be Joel Anthony for Will Bynum? 

Even if there are serious discussions between the Celtics and Mavericks, that doesn't mean a deal would be made.  Maybe Ainge is targeting Brandan Wright and trying to talk about giving up less than Rondo.  A lot of posters would be happy if Ainge flipped Brandon Bass into Houston's trade exception for a second-round pick.  Is there any way that Bass for Wright makes sense for the Mavs?

I mentioned this in another thread, but what if there is a three-way deal such as Lance Stephenson, Jeff Taylor, and Dwight Powell to Dallas, Brandan Wright and Jae Crowder to Boston, and Brandon Bass and the injured Raymond Felton to Charlotte.

The only people who would be disappointed are the people who want to trade Rondo for the sake of trading Rondo, right?

Stephenson playing the two guard with Monta playing point? Is he capable of doing that?

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:16:04 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Sure. Trade Bass to Houston for the Lin trade exception plus the Knicks or Wolves 2015 2nd.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:00:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I hope not .

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 05:07:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Brandan Wright would make a lot of sense for the Rockets.

Probably get a late 1st for him.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 05:23:39 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I proposed Bradley or thorton plus a late 1st for cc and JT in another thread.
Win win.