Author Topic: Still the best Rondo trade imo!  (Read 3110 times)

Re: Still the best Rondo trade imo!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 05:31:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Not a fan.  I'd like it more if Charlotte ate Felton's contract tho.  But I'd rather not take on Lance, and give up a pick for the privelege.

Well if the C's just have to eat it then it's just money coming out of the owner's pockets not our salary level or anything.  ;)

If that's how it worked, sure.  But it's not.  He has an option next year, and considering his poor play, I'd be surprised if he didn't exercise it.

Can't they just pay the rest of his salary off this year and next? The whole reason is to get to the 15 player roster limit, so they might end up just waving Powell instead in this scenario.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 05:32:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Not a fan.  I'd like it more if Charlotte ate Felton's contract tho.  But I'd rather not take on Lance, and give up a pick for the privelege.

Well if the C's just have to eat it then it's just money coming out of the owner's pockets not our salary level or anything.  ;)

If that's how it worked, sure.  But it's not.  He has an option next year, and considering his poor play, I'd be surprised if he didn't exercise it.

Can't they just pay the rest of his salary off this year and next? The whole reason is to get to the 15 player roster limit, so they might end up just waving Powell instead in this scenario.

They can, but it reduces flexibility and wastes a valuable roster space.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 05:33:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Reasonable idea I think and I am not afraid of Stevenson.  His contract is fair enough that we could always trade him in the future if need be.

To nit pick though, I think we end up with too many 2015 picks (total 4 right?).  You can only stash so many players in D-League or Europe.

Naw, we'd only have three, because we're basically trading the Clips pick with Charlotte's pick. So we'd have ours, Charlotte's pick, and Dallas' pick, and we'd also have the Philly 2nd round picks since they won't be making the playoffs. If nothing else, packaging them to move up in the draft or trading them for future picks is always an option, especially to those teams without picks this year.