Author Topic: Too late to tank?  (Read 494 times)

Too late to tank?
« on: December 18, 2014, 03:44:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I realize the rondo rumors are starting to gain some steam, but I really question the move, particularly the timing of it. While I am not silly enough to think we are a contender, there are also a lot of really bad teams that already have 2 or 3 game leads on us if the tankathon were to start.

In the East we have to contend with the putrid stench of

Charlotte
New York Knicks (talk of shutting Melo down)
76ers
Detroit (Dumpster fire)
Orlando (very similar talent to us)
Milwaukee (Great start but losing parker for season really hurts)
 Indiana (actually playing worse since their guys guy back losers of 9 of 10)

Out West. I think these teams with possible exception of lakers are better than us. However, they all play each other and someone takes the losses. These three teams will not end the season with a ton of wins
Lakers
Jazz
Minnesota
(Possibly Denver also)

That is about 10 crappy teams we would be competing for in a race to the bottom. Is it worth giving away rondo and green (and others) for a chance at a pick in the 8-12 range?

Re: Too late to tank?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
We will win the lottery if we finish bottom 9 record. Gilbert hooked up Wyc with the guy to call for help with LeBron and Love.

Re: Too late to tank?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:09:22 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
We will win the lottery if we finish bottom 9 record. Gilbert hooked up Wyc with the guy to call for help with LeBron and Love.

Are we getting the bow tied Gilbert kid for the draft lottery?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby