Author Topic: Lakers make offer for Rondo  (Read 9556 times)

Re: Lakers make offer for Rondo
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2014, 05:16:24 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I would listen to deals involving Randle and a pick.  His leg isn't going to be broken forever and he's a very nice piece.
Right, but so is the best passer. rebounder, and sometimes defender at a position.

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Take Lin, Nash, Randle, and a pick

for Rondo, Clips pick, and make them take Wallace?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l6txnah

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2014, 05:44:52 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I thought injured players couldn't be traded?

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2014, 05:47:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I thought injured players couldn't be traded?
Players may need to pass a physical when traded, but teams can obviously waive that. Injured players get traded all the time, the problem is when players get traded with unknown/undisclosed medical issues.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2014, 05:50:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
multiple draft picks?  2nd rounders?

Lakers just need to offer Nash + Randle and this is a done deal, imo.  Rondo's trade value is minimal... if you can get another great prospect like Randle, it's about as good as it's going to get.
An injured rookie for a top 3 point guard? Whoop de do

Welp Eja, today has been humbling for even the most pessimistic fans like myself.   Sounds like Randle would be a major over-pay for the Lakers.  They are offering us a 1st for Green + Rondo.   Or we can trade Rondo to Dallas for a late 1st and a bench warmer.

I knew Rondo's trade value was low, but this is pretty eye-opening.  I remember a time where I felt like the Celtics should jump at a chance to get McLemore.  I remember a time where I thought the Celtics should jump at a chance to trade Rondo for Nerlens Noel and a 1st.    I remember a time where I thought the Celtics should jump at a chance to land injured Steph Curry for Rondo.

Those days are long gone.  We waited too long.  Best we're getting now is multiple 2nds or a late 1st.

Or keep him, which is what we should do anyway.
He's not staying here.   If Rondo's trade value is a late 1st, so be it.  Better than getting nothing.

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
If the Celtics trade their best player for two injured guys...They should lose their lottery pick....Along with Philly.

Teams making a mockery of the system shouldn't be rewarded.

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2014, 05:53:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
multiple draft picks?  2nd rounders?

Lakers just need to offer Nash + Randle and this is a done deal, imo.  Rondo's trade value is minimal... if you can get another great prospect like Randle, it's about as good as it's going to get.

Minimal?  It's true his value took a big hit with the injury, but if your usual estimation were correct then he won't be trade because it wouldn't be worth it.  The Celtics will get at least one first rounder and a decent player, or two first rounders and salary filler.  Agree his value is down due to his impending free agency and the injury but to say it's minimal is a silly exaggeration.
I mean... we're reportedly considering moving him for a backup big and a Mavs pick. 

The longer we waited, the less leverage we had.  We're at the point now where we have a 2 month window to move him or we're going to watch him leave this summer.  I have been saying for a while that i don't think the Celtics are a frontrunner to sign him as a free agent.  Our team is terrible.  He's a vet.  He's not going to waste his time here if given the opportunity.  But teams aren't going to give up major assets for a potential rental... and Rondo can dictate where he goes by saying he will refuse to sign somewhere.  At this point, Wright and a late 1st seems to be an appropriate representation of Rondo's trade value.