Author Topic: Lakers make offer for Rondo  (Read 9492 times)

Re: Lakers make offer for Rondo
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2014, 04:34:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
multiple draft picks?  2nd rounders?

Lakers just need to offer Nash + Randle and this is a done deal, imo.  Rondo's trade value is minimal... if you can get another great prospect like Randle, it's about as good as it's going to get.
An injured rookie for a top 3 point guard? Whoop de do

Welp Eja, today has been humbling for even the most pessimistic fans like myself.   Sounds like Randle would be a major over-pay for the Lakers.  They are offering us a 1st for Green + Rondo.   Or we can trade Rondo to Dallas for a late 1st and a bench warmer.

I knew Rondo's trade value was low, but this is pretty eye-opening.  I remember a time where I felt like the Celtics should jump at a chance to get McLemore.  I remember a time where I thought the Celtics should jump at a chance to trade Rondo for Nerlens Noel and a 1st.    I remember a time where I thought the Celtics should jump at a chance to land injured Steph Curry for Rondo.

Those days are long gone.  We waited too long.  Best we're getting now is multiple 2nds or a late 1st.

You are one of the most informed and intelligent posters on here.

You can't possibly be serious with the bolded.

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2014, 04:37:21 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Lakers just need to offer Nash + Randle and this is a done deal, imo.  Rondo's trade value is minimal... if you can get another great prospect like Randle, it's about as good as it's going to get.

Minimal?  It's true his value took a big hit with the injury, but if your usual estimation were correct then he won't be trade because it wouldn't be worth it.  The Celtics will get at least one first rounder and a decent player, or two first rounders and salary filler.  Agree his value is down due to his impending free agency and the injury but to say it's minimal is a silly exaggeration. 

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2014, 04:37:35 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1948

Welp Eja, today has been humbling for even the most pessimistic fans like myself.   Sounds like Randle would be a major over-pay for the Lakers.  They are offering us a 1st for Green + Rondo.   Or we can trade Rondo to Dallas for a late 1st and a bench warmer.

I knew Rondo's trade value was low, but this is pretty eye-opening.  I remember a time where I felt like the Celtics should jump at a chance to get McLemore.  I remember a time where I thought the Celtics should jump at a chance to trade Rondo for Nerlens Noel and a 1st.    I remember a time where I thought the Celtics should jump at a chance to land injured Steph Curry for Rondo.

Those days are long gone.  We waited too long.  Best we're getting now is multiple 2nds or a late 1st.

Dunno man.  I wouldn't consider the horrible offers from the Mavs and the Lakers as barometers for Rondo's trade value.  The reports are either fabricated or GMs are just trying to lowball Danny. 

And that's why Danny hasn't traded Rondo yet.  I'm sure he's been getting these types of offers from multiple teams for years now, and especially so once Rondo went down with the ACL injury.

Danny isn't stupid.  The interest for Rondo is obviously very high, and it isn't limited to just a few teams.  I have confidence that if Rondo is actually going to be traded, he'll get at least a respectable return for him.  Not Wright, Felton, and a late first rounder, or Nash + late first rounder + 2nd rounders.  Those are crap platters.

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 04:38:36 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Or keep him, which is what we should do anyway.
Exactly. The guy actually wants to be here. Do people think two seconds are going to attract free agents here? Marcus Smart? Puh lease.

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 04:40:18 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

My guess is no trade offer will satisfy you if you're living in a world in which Rondo is a top 3 PG.
Has to be another top player making about the same money as Rondo. There aren't any. I mean we could always go with another pg that doesn't play as good as defense and doesn't get anywhere near as many assists or rebounds and just say it's as good a point guard. Maybe somebody that never won anything. That maybe makes more money.
We could get a whole draft pick or an injured rookie for that. Oh look. That guy gets like 16ppg instead of 9. Wow. That'll get you wins.

I've had this debate too many times. I'll let the trade offers we're getting speak for themselves.

I would agree we're not getting a Noel-esque offer for Rondo but I think it's a bit rash to assume this is the best Danny will get.

This is just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if Danny would like a deal to get done by tomorrow, as that is the deadline for players traded in-season to remain eligible for subsequent trades up until the Feb. trade deadline.

I'd assume the negotiations have heated up a bit with this many teams involved and I'd bet 2-3 out of the total number of teams mentioned to be interested will seriously up their offer by sometime tomorrow afternoon. I'd be shocked if Danny hasn't received at least one offer by now (one that we haven't heard of yet, obviously) that wouldn't peak some posters' interest.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 04:42:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Maybe we can get a conditional 2nd for Sully while we're at it.

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

My guess is no trade offer will satisfy you if you're living in a world in which Rondo is a top 3 PG.
Has to be another top player making about the same money as Rondo. There aren't any. I mean we could always go with another pg that doesn't play as good as defense and doesn't get anywhere near as many assists or rebounds and just say it's as good a point guard. Maybe somebody that never won anything. That maybe makes more money.
We could get a whole draft pick or an injured rookie for that. Oh look. That guy gets like 16ppg instead of 9. Wow. That'll get you wins.

I've had this debate too many times. I'll let the trade offers we're getting speak for themselves.

I would agree we're not getting a Noel-esque offer for Rondo but I think it's a bit rash to assume this is the best Danny will get.

This is just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if Danny would like a deal to get done by tomorrow, as that is the deadline for players traded in-season to remain eligible for subsequent trades up until the Feb. trade deadline.

I'd assume the negotiations have heated up a bit with this many teams involved and I'd bet 2-3 out of the total number of teams mentioned to be interested will seriously up their offer by sometime tomorrow afternoon. I'd be shocked if Danny hasn't received at least one offer by now (one that we haven't heard of yet, obviously) that wouldn't peak some posters' interest.
Oh you're going to let the trade offers of other horrid GMs speak for themselves? How many of these GMs have actually won anything? How many are still going to be in the league in the future?
Who's the better GM? Danny or them?  Exactly.

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2014, 04:45:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Maybe we can trade a future conditional 2nd rounder for Ricky Rubio to replace Rondo.

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
this sounds to me like they remember getting burned by dwight.  not going to give up much for a guy that's expiring as the lakers don't have the same draw that they used to.

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2014, 04:47:25 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Oh you're going to let the trade offers of other horrid GMs speak for themselves? How many of these GMs have actually won anything? How many are still going to be in the league in the future?

Cuban won a championship...

It is irrelevant who the better GM is. You're grasping at straws. We've heard of multiple offers at this point and none of them are even close to what you'd expect for a "top 3 PG," even one that is an impending free agent.

As I said, I expect the offers to get better, but it's clear that Rondo's trade value is not what it once was. I trust the opinion of numerous league execs more than I trust yours.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2014, 04:51:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

Or keep him, which is what we should do anyway.

Agree .........he is worth more to the team , than he nothing  being offered.    ....I say try and resign him

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2014, 04:53:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Any offer should include Nick Young.

No Nick Young, no thanks.

TP. !

Swaggy P ........ ;D

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2014, 04:53:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

It is irrelevant who the better GM is. You're grasping at straws. We've heard of multiple offers at this point and none of them are even close to what you'd expect for a "top 3 PG," even one that is an impending free agent.

As I said, I expect the offers to get better, but it's clear that Rondo's trade value is not what it once was. I trust the opinion of numerous league execs more than I trust yours.
Right, but I'm not the GM. Ainge is. He has had many chances to trade Rondo for peanuts before and he won't now. Teams want him for peanuts but they won't get him for it.

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2014, 04:58:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Right, but I'm not the GM. Ainge is. He has had many chances to trade Rondo for peanuts before and he won't now. Teams want him for peanuts but they won't get him for it.

That's right.....why should we trade away Rondo to give the Lakers or Mavs another championship?

Teams want Rondo.....because of Durrant ......when he hits free agency .....Lakers want to lure him with Kobe and Rondo.......it's all gearing up for KD . 

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2014, 04:59:48 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I would listen to deals involving Randle and a pick.  His leg isn't going to be broken forever and he's a very nice piece.