Author Topic: Lakers make offer for Rondo  (Read 9506 times)

Re: Lakers make offer for Rondo
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If the Lakers would take Wallace, I'm interested.

Rondo / Wallace / Favorani for Nash / Lin / Randle and the Rockets 2015 1st works, and is more than the Cs can hope for elsewhere. If they can't get the pick, do the deal without it.

Big question is whether Rondo would sign there considering what that team looks like these days...

That Houston pick is going to be useless. I'd rather not have it all or at least package it to bring in something from a third team. I'd like Randle, but that would mean Sully is on his way out - not sure how people would feel about that.

Don't agree with either of these points. A late 1st is a still a good asset. And adding Randle doesn't mean we need to get rid of Sullinger. This is a rebuilding team -- collect assets and they will pay off in the future.... like when you want to sign both Aldridge and Gasol to max deals, and you need assets to trade back to their respective teams in S&Ts.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 04:10:58 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Sam Amick just updated his piece:

The Lakers inquired about a deal Thursday that would send forward Jordan Hill and a first-round pick to the Celtics for Rondo and forward Jeff Green, but the Celtics declined that offer, a person familiar with the details told USA TODAY Sports.

The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the private nature of trade talks.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/12/18/rajon-rondo-trade-boston-celtics-dallas-mavericks-los-angeles-lakers-sacramento-kings-houston-rockets-indiana-pacers/20575105/

yea give us your two best players for a backup center and a 25 or lower 1st rd pick

That's worse than the Dallas deal lol

Just keep Rondo and see what happens . I would rather let him walk than just t rade him for basically a low 1st rd pick and filler

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 04:11:03 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I would do the Nash and multiple picks, but one of those has to be the Lakers 1st this year, not Houston's.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 04:11:56 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

The Lakers inquired about a deal Thursday that would send forward Jordan Hill and a first-round pick to the Celtics for Rondo and forward Jeff Green, but the Celtics declined that offer, a person familiar with the details told USA TODAY Sports.

The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the private nature of trade talks.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/12/18/rajon-rondo-trade-boston-celtics-dallas-mavericks-los-angeles-lakers-sacramento-kings-houston-rockets-indiana-pacers/20575105/
That's hilarious.

They must be trolling Danny.

I'm sure Danny's response was something like "Don't call back unless two of the first five words out of your mouth are 'Julius Randle,' or else I'm giving Rondo to Phil."

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
multiple draft picks?  2nd rounders?

Lakers just need to offer Nash + Randle and this is a done deal, imo.  Rondo's trade value is minimal... if you can get another great prospect like Randle, it's about as good as it's going to get.
An injured rookie for a top 3 point guard? Whoop de do

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »

Online sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
I´m not against trading RR, but man it would feel awkward to see him get a tripledouble with another team.

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 04:16:35 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

That's hilarious.

I'm sure Danny's response was something like "Don't call back unless two of the first five words out of your mouth are 'Julius Randle,' or else I'm giving Rondo to Phil."

I still don't understand why the Celtics would want Julius Randle....we have enough PFs

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

Lakers just need to offer Nash + Randle and this is a done deal, imo.  Rondo's trade value is minimal... if you can get another great prospect like Randle, it's about as good as it's going to get.

My guess is no trade offer will satisfy you if you're living in a world in which Rondo is a top 3 PG.

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 04:18:05 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

That's hilarious.

I still don't understand why the Celtics would want Julius Randle....we have enough PFs

All about value. If we want Randle on our team, he's a very good prospect. If we don't, I'm sure we could package him and our pick this year to move up in the draft.

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 04:19:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Hahaha, that's just precious.  You mean we could've had Jordan Hill here?!?  This could be our only chance to get him until all the other chances we'll have to get him!

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 04:21:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

My guess is no trade offer will satisfy you if you're living in a world in which Rondo is a top 3 PG.
Has to be another top player making about the same money as Rondo. There aren't any. I mean we could always go with another pg that doesn't play as good as defense and doesn't get anywhere near as many assists or rebounds and just say it's as good a point guard. Maybe somebody that never won anything. That maybe makes more money.
We could get a whole draft pick or an injured rookie for that. Oh look. That guy gets like 16ppg instead of 9. Wow. That'll get you wins.

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 04:21:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If the Lakers would take Wallace, I'm interested.

Rondo / Wallace / Favorani for Nash / Lin / Randle and the Rockets 2015 1st works, and is more than the Cs can hope for elsewhere. If they can't get the pick, do the deal without it.

Big question is whether Rondo would sign there considering what that team looks like these days...

That Houston pick is going to be useless. I'd rather not have it all or at least package it to bring in something from a third team. I'd like Randle, but that would mean Sully is on his way out - not sure how people would feel about that.

Don't agree with either of these points. A late 1st is a still a good asset. And adding Randle doesn't mean we need to get rid of Sullinger. This is a rebuilding team -- collect assets and they will pay off in the future.... like when you want to sign both Aldridge and Gasol to max deals, and you need assets to trade back to their respective teams in S&Ts.

Useless may have been a strong word, but there is only so much you can do with super-late firsts. They can be used as a sweetener, but would hardly be the centerpiece of a deal. People around never talk about the LAC and CLE picks as these great assets, it's all about the BKN picks.

As for Randle and Sully (along with KO and possibly Bass), it just seems to me that they would all water down each other's value. Moving Sully for a PG or C would probably be the way to go - heck, even include a first. What would it really take to pry away Noel?

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 04:24:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Welp Eja, today has been humbling for even the most pessimistic fans like myself.   Sounds like Randle would be a major over-pay for the Lakers.  They are offering us a 1st for Green + Rondo.   Or we can trade Rondo to Dallas for a late 1st and a bench warmer.

I knew Rondo's trade value was low, but this is pretty eye-opening.  I remember a time where I felt like the Celtics should jump at a chance to get McLemore.  I remember a time where I thought the Celtics should jump at a chance to trade Rondo for Nerlens Noel and a 1st.    I remember a time where I thought the Celtics should jump at a chance to land injured Steph Curry for Rondo.

Those days are long gone.  We waited too long.  Best we're getting now is multiple 2nds or a late 1st.

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 04:27:18 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol Lakers must be crazy to bring just "that" for Rondo.

Picks are potential, only. Need something substantive, and they can't offer it.

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 04:33:40 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Welp Eja, today has been humbling for even the most pessimistic fans like myself.   Sounds like Randle would be a major over-pay for the Lakers.  They are offering us a 1st for Green + Rondo.   Or we can trade Rondo to Dallas for a late 1st and a bench warmer.

I knew Rondo's trade value was low, but this is pretty eye-opening.  I remember a time where I felt like the Celtics should jump at a chance to get McLemore.  I remember a time where I thought the Celtics should jump at a chance to trade Rondo for Nerlens Noel and a 1st.    I remember a time where I thought the Celtics should jump at a chance to land injured Steph Curry for Rondo.

Those days are long gone.  We waited too long.  Best we're getting now is multiple 2nds or a late 1st.

Or keep him, which is what we should do anyway.