Author Topic: Lakers make offer for Rondo  (Read 9508 times)

Re: Lakers make offer for Rondo
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 03:26:31 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Since when is Green a throw in. What is wrong with you people? Dude is balling this year.
Since he may opt out this season.
That doesn't mean that he has no value. Some of these trades are put together like Green is a scrub.

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 03:30:12 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Since when is Green a throw in. What is wrong with you people? Dude is balling this year.

And yet he's not part of the future. 1 year left on his deal.

Obviously we don't want to give him away, but if it's the difference between Rondo + Green for something valuable versus nothing good for either of them, you look at it.

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 03:32:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Since he may opt out this season.
That doesn't mean that he has no value. Some of these trades are put together like Green is a scrub.
He has value, but no-one will give you much for a 2/3-season rental of Jeff Green.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 03:35:33 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think the Lakers actually are not allowed to offer two first-round picks in a deal.  They can certainly send out the Houston pick, but the seven-year rule means they can't send out a future pick later than 2020.  The protection on the picks they have already sent means that Orlando could get the Lakers' 2019 pick, so they can't trade their 2020 pick.

Any deal involving multiple picks is either going to be the Houston pick and at least one second or at least two seconds and no firsts.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 03:37:49 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I think the Lakers actually are not allowed to offer two first-round picks in a deal.  They can certainly send out the Houston pick, but the seven-year rule means they can't send out a future pick later than 2020.  The protection on the picks they have already sent means that Orlando could get the Lakers' 2019 pick, so they can't trade their 2020 pick.

Any deal involving multiple picks is either going to be the Houston pick and at least one second or at least two seconds and no firsts.
The Houston deal is interesting because they have the Hornets' first rounder and a couple of interesting prospects. Harder to make the salaries match without taking on big contracts, though.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 03:39:12 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Any offer should include Nick Young.

No Nick Young, no thanks.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 03:51:37 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I still think NY makes the most sense even though they don't have a first rounder.

Rondo, Wallace, Bass, Pressey

for

Amare, Hardaway, Larkin, Early
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 03:52:48 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

The Houston deal is interesting because they have the Hornets' first rounder and a couple of interesting prospects. Harder to make the salaries match without taking on big contracts, though.
Agreed, the possibility of having two lottery picks for the rebuild is appealing.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 03:53:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The really have crap to offer.

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 03:55:01 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If the Lakers would take Wallace, I'm interested.

Rondo / Wallace / Favorani for Nash / Lin / Randle and the Rockets 2015 1st works, and is more than the Cs can hope for elsewhere. If they can't get the pick, do the deal without it.

Big question is whether Rondo would sign there considering what that team looks like these days...

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If the Lakers would take Wallace, I'm interested.

Rondo / Wallace / Favorani for Nash / Lin / Randle and the Rockets 2015 1st works, and is more than the Cs can hope for elsewhere. If they can't get the pick, do the deal without it.

Big question is whether Rondo would sign there considering what that team looks like these days...

That Houston pick is going to be useless. I'd rather not have it all or at least package it to bring in something from a third team. I'd like Randle, but that would mean Sully is on his way out - not sure how people would feel about that.

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 03:59:12 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I think a lot of people would have taken Rondo straight up for the #7 pick before the draft.

Obviously Randle's value is much lower now due to the injury, but I think Randle + Rockets 1st is a reasonable if not spectacular offer.

I'd probably take it if we didn't already have a logjam at PF

Great words from a great man

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Sam Amick just updated his piece:

The Lakers inquired about a deal Thursday that would send forward Jordan Hill and a first-round pick to the Celtics for Rondo and forward Jeff Green, but the Celtics declined that offer, a person familiar with the details told USA TODAY Sports.

The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the private nature of trade talks.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/12/18/rajon-rondo-trade-boston-celtics-dallas-mavericks-los-angeles-lakers-sacramento-kings-houston-rockets-indiana-pacers/20575105/

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 04:10:08 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

The Lakers inquired about a deal Thursday that would send forward Jordan Hill and a first-round pick to the Celtics for Rondo and forward Jeff Green, but the Celtics declined that offer, a person familiar with the details told USA TODAY Sports.

The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the private nature of trade talks.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/12/18/rajon-rondo-trade-boston-celtics-dallas-mavericks-los-angeles-lakers-sacramento-kings-houston-rockets-indiana-pacers/20575105/
That's hilarious.

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 04:10:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

That's hilarious.

They must be trolling Danny.