Author Topic: Trade Idea: Rondo/Green for Parsons/Wright/1st Rd  (Read 1303 times)

Trade Idea: Rondo/Green for Parsons/Wright/1st Rd
« on: December 18, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56
Thoughts? We dont need a PG back, and i think thats why they are doing this rondo trade is because they believe in Smart.

Re: Trade Idea: Rondo/Green for Parsons/Wright/1st Rd
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 02:11:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Thoughts? We dont need a PG back, and i think thats why they are doing this rondo trade is because they believe in Smart.
Need a backup PG to replace Smart in rotation if Smart moves into starting lineup.

Pressey not good enough to be main backup PG.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 02:17:04 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Need a backup PG to replace Smart in rotation if Smart moves into starting lineup.

He's good enough for where the team will be.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
This is the only logical trade. It's a lateral move for Mavs at SF but a huge upgrade at PG. For us we are getting a building block type SF to match with our PG of the future. Good SF's are in a lot higher demand then PG. I would hope in addition to the 2015 1st they get the rights to switch picks in 17 or 18.

Pull the trigger.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:35:18 PM by number_n9ne »

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 02:18:21 PM »

Offline MrMorrill

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
Unfortunately I don't see the Mavs giving up on Parsons.  Would Green make the mavs any better than if they kept Parsons?

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 02:23:33 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
Unfortunately I don't see the Mavs giving up on Parsons.  Would Green make the mavs any better than if they kept Parsons?

I think it would be a lateral move.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

He's good enough for where the team will be.

Agreed.

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 03:01:27 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Right, but you gotta give something to get Rondo.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
It's basically the Rondo for Wright/1st deal that no one likes except you're exchanging 2 SFs that are equivalent talent.  Green (older but cheaper) vs Parsons (younger but more expensive).

still don't see Parsons as a building block.  good 3rd/4th player to have on a top team like Green

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 03:29:50 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
It's basically the Rondo for Wright/1st deal that no one likes except you're exchanging 2 SFs that are equivalent talent.  Green (older but cheaper) vs Parsons (younger but more expensive).

still don't see Parsons as a building block.  good 3rd/4th player to have on a top team like Green

I don't think you can build around Parsons, but I think you can build WITH him. If not, he's a greater asset than Green to flip down the road.